Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 31-03-2024, 19:49   #271
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What's the difference?

You yourself a mere 15 months ago were waxing lyrical about their position in the future over tired, boring, linear channels.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=660
tbf, we had a similar volte-face about advertising on Streamers…

Apparently, nothing is fixed except there won’t be broadcast TV channels by 2035…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2024, 09:09   #272
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin TV Ultra HD on channels 175 & 999 is now part of the legacy Mix Pack.

https://ukcabletvchanges.blogspot.com/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:19   #273
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

It's mentioned on this Virgin TV edit article aswell
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...hd-this-easter
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 15:43   #274
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What's the difference?

You yourself a mere 15 months ago were waxing lyrical about their position in the future over tired, boring, linear channels.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=660
I’ve just answered that one on ‘The Future of Television’ thread. I stand by what I said, not by your interpretation of it.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Well, it is only a mechanism to launch selected channels from the EPG, the channels are still there in the Pluto app for anyone wishing to watch them on a V6 box. It does make you think though, how long was it since Virgin said that various Pluto channels were to be integrated with the EPG? Months after the announcement they only manage a partial launch.

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Not just a shift. OB has designed revolving goal posts just for this forum.
You are clearly misconstruing my posts. I suggest you re-read them. Don’t let jfman lead you up one of his nonsense winding paths.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
tbf, we had a similar volte-face about advertising on Streamers…

Apparently, nothing is fixed except there won’t be broadcast TV channels by 2035…
You’ll have to explain that. You are either trolling or suffering memory lapses.

The streamers are coming into their own, just as predicted. Now just watch as the linear channels start falling away. Anyway, this nonsense is for the ‘Future of TV’ thread.
Old 01-04-2024, 16:59   #275
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Virgin TV Ultra HD on channels 175 & 999 is now part of the legacy Mix Pack.

A further devaluation of the top pack for these customers.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 19:13   #276
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
A further devaluation of the top pack for these customers.
Soon we will be able to get all the TV channels for free at this rate!
Old 02-04-2024, 00:32   #277
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The latest HBO series from Sky Atlantic begins airing on VM via Sky Showcase from 8th April - The Regime.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 16:01   #278
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Viaplay to rebrand back to Premier Sports on 9 April:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/premier-sp...dia-next-week/
Old 02-04-2024, 18:10   #279
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are clearly misconstruing my posts. I suggest you re-read them. Don’t let jfman lead you up one of his nonsense winding paths.
It can be difficult to "construe" your posts when they often change direction more than the wind. Don't worry though, I won't be influenced by jfman, I am quite capable of reaching my own conclusions.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 01:32   #280
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

had an offer to reup with Virgin Media till March 2025. My deal ends in August. Got a juicy loyalty bonus so i'm wondering what this entails.

1) do i still get the loyalty bonus going forward?
2) they mention tnt is removed...thats annoying? how much is that now. had it for free for like a decade
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 03:24   #281
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
had an offer to reup with Virgin Media till March 2025. My deal ends in August. Got a juicy loyalty bonus so i'm wondering what this entails.

2) they mention tnt is removed...thats annoying? how much is that now. had it for free for like a decade
Be careful Vince. I had a call from that offshore call centre, they inflated what my prise rise would be, again claimed that if I took the offer I would escape the price rise in April, that I would have double the broadband speed (that I don't need) and have Sky Cinema added as Mega TV includes this I mentioned TNT as they didn't and was told that I could continue to have it at no extra cost.

I don't trust them as they have told me so many lies just to get what they want and xhecked with my contact at the office of the CEO.

He called me back this morning and confirmed that, apart from the doubling of broadband, that it was all a load of rubbish.

Also very manipulative as she started the call with "We are going to upgrade you to Mega TV", to which I replied that she wouldn't be doing anything without my permission. When I asked how the same channels less TNT could in any way be described as an upgrade, she said I'd be getting extra channels. When asked which ones she began reeling off channels that I get anyway. I asked her to stop and provide details of which new channels I would get and this is when she lied and said that Mega TV includes Sky Cinema.

---------- Post added at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

TNT is an extra £18 per month now.

---------- Post added at 03:24 ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 ----------

Oh and she said that I was currently paying more than I am in order to make her offer seem a better deal than it was.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:05   #282
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

I got renewed at same price for 18 months just losing TNT sports. Was offered it for £13. Happy enough without it. £64 for Mega TV, gig1, sky sports and movies both HD. Plus Netflix standard and full landline phone.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:29   #283
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

One FAST channel removed, without ever being launched and fifteen new FAST channels in the pipeline.

OLD BOY will be thrilled.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:00   #284
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It can be difficult to "construe" your posts when they often change direction more than the wind. Don't worry though, I won't be influenced by jfman, I am quite capable of reaching my own conclusions.
You're being a tad harsh on Old Boy. He's consistently said that linear channels will be dead by 2044.

It's just old-fashioned laggard linear lovers like you who deliberately misread that date as being 2030 and then as 2035.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 05-04-2024 at 11:46.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 14:06   #285
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, and I've forgotten, but what is a "FAST" channel.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote