Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 16-02-2022, 20:04   #931
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The only stick I've got is the Now TV one.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I've got about three weeks yet to activate it, I might not find AppleTV+ any good, I'll maybe activate it on my phone and have a look there.
Do yourself a favour and buy an Amazon 4K stick sometime or a Roku, those devices pretty much have you covered for any streaming service and are better than built in TV apps and also cheap.
Old 16-02-2022, 21:30   #932
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Do yourself a favour and buy an Amazon 4K stick sometime or a Roku, those devices pretty much have you covered for any streaming service and are better than built in TV apps and also cheap.
Thanks mate, appreciate your help.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 21:57   #933
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
The only stick I've got is the Now TV one.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I've got about three weeks yet to activate it, I might not find AppleTV+ any good, I'll maybe activate it on my phone and have a look there.
Have you got a games console? There was a free trial for it on PS4/5 when the app launched on those consoles recently. You could use the app on them with your offer to get it on your TV.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 22:11   #934
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Have you got a games console? There was a free trial for it on PS4/5 when the app launched on those consoles recently. You could use the app on them with your offer to get it on your TV.
No mate I don't have a games console, I'm an old git , I like a lot of the dramas on Sky Atlantic which I get via my Now TV stick, and with the apps already on Virgin, e.g Prime, Netflix, the only ones missing are the likes of AppleTV+ and Disney+, which tbh I'm not really sure there would be anything on those that would appeal to us. So I'm probably not going to bother with the free three-month trial of AppleTV+.
Appreciate all the help offered, thx again.
Old 17-02-2022, 09:05   #935
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
No mate I don't have a games console, I'm an old git , I like a lot of the dramas on Sky Atlantic which I get via my Now TV stick, and with the apps already on Virgin, e.g Prime, Netflix, the only ones missing are the likes of AppleTV+ and Disney+, which tbh I'm not really sure there would be anything on those that would appeal to us. So I'm probably not going to bother with the free three-month trial of AppleTV+.
Appreciate all the help offered, thx again.
There are a lot of old gamers, computer/video games have been around a very long time now.
Old 17-02-2022, 11:50   #936
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
There are a lot of old gamers, computer/video games have been around a very long time now.
True that, I remember a few years ago (when I still had decent reflexes and hand/eye coordination) many occasions where, while using TS or game chat, other gamers were amazed to learn they were playing alongside a guy in his early 60's
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 13:54   #937
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Yup - I play multiplayer COD on my PC…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 16:53   #938
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
True that, I remember a few years ago (when I still had decent reflexes and hand/eye coordination) many occasions where, while using TS or game chat, other gamers were amazed to learn they were playing alongside a guy in his early 60's
And you don't even need reflexes, there are SO many games of types that are anything but fast.

I'll stop, this is miles off topic.
Old 17-02-2022, 20:53   #939
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I'm 42 and play a lot of games, even more so now it's my job.
Mostlt play Skyrim at home though.

But just opinions really do you guys think we could see SLING or FUBOTV in the UK? I know Philo are looking to launch in the UK.
Old 18-02-2022, 12:17   #940
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

FX Is Ramping Up Originals: Thanks, Streaming
Quote:
Both FX and FXX are doing really well right now within the linear ecosystem, but the linear ecosystem is declining, there’s no hiding that, there’s no surprise there,” Landgraf acknowledged. “If our shows were not able to go next day on Hulu, they would all be declining at a rapid rate. But because they go the next day on Hulu, they’re all growing.”

CEO John Landgraf touted 19 new titles and 11 returning shows — with more in the works: ““Where there’s hunger for new FX material is on Hulu,” he said. “That’s great because that’s a new hungry mouth to feed and Hulu is doing extremely well, Disney is doing well and Disney+ is doing well globally and domestically, and we want to contribute as much as we can to that success story.”.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ng-1235095660/

International launches for AMC+
Quote:
AMC is planning to extend the distribution of its AMC+ streaming service.

In an investor call, chief operating officer and chief financial officer Chris Spade said the new launches would come towards the end of 2022 and into 2023.

“We plan to launch AMC+ in India, followed by Spain, New Zealand, Latin America and other European countries,” he said.
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...nches-for-amc/

I know Acorn TV and Shudder are available in the UK , i am assuming the BT deal stops them from launching AMC+ in the UK for now.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 18-02-2022 at 12:37.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 14:47   #941
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Acorn US and UK content is quite different - like Pecock US and UK. So AMC+ could launch in UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
FX Is Ramping Up Originals: Thanks, Streaming

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ng-1235095660/

International launches for AMC+

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...nches-for-amc/

I know Acorn TV and Shudder are available in the UK , i am assuming the BT deal stops them from launching AMC+ in the UK for now.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2022, 20:05   #942
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Hi guys, I know that I can access Starzplay via their app on my V6 box, apparently, it costs £1.99 per month for new subscribers for six months, we have watched all five seasons of the excellent Outlander series, and season six starts on Sunday 6th March on Starzplay, but I'm not so sure that this new season will be on via the Virgin app as I'm reading that it will be on via Amazon, a bit confusing I know, but does anyone know if it will be available via the app on Virgin.

Thx
Old 25-02-2022, 22:06   #943
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Yes you can watch it on the StarzPlay app , Amazon Prime Video has channels you can subscribe to for example StarzPlay, Shudder , Acorn TV , MGM , Discovery+ and probably Paramount+ by the summer aswell.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 25-02-2022 at 22:32.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2022, 12:26   #944
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Hi guys, I know that I can access Starzplay via their app on my V6 box, apparently, it costs £1.99 per month for new subscribers for six months, we have watched all five seasons of the excellent Outlander series, and season six starts on Sunday 6th March on Starzplay, but I'm not so sure that this new season will be on via the Virgin app as I'm reading that it will be on via Amazon, a bit confusing I know, but does anyone know if it will be available via the app on Virgin.

Thx
Not sure it should be as the app is universal unless vm have a stripped down version which i'd imagine they don't.
I know the new season is going to be on the android tv app of starzplay.
I highly recommend Power on starzplay mate fantastic show, the first book is on Netflix though all 6 seasons then book 2, 3 and 4 are on starzplay.
Old 26-02-2022, 15:09   #945
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Yes you can watch it on the StarzPlay app , Amazon Prime Video has channels you can subscribe to for example StarzPlay, Shudder , Acorn TV , MGM , Discovery+ and probably Paramount+ by the summer aswell.
Thx mate.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Not sure it should be as the app is universal unless vm have a stripped down version which i'd imagine they don't.
I know the new season is going to be on the android tv app of starzplay.
I highly recommend Power on starzplay mate fantastic show, the first book is on Netflix though all 6 seasons then book 2, 3 and 4 are on starzplay.
I've noticed that you can access the first five seasons of Outlander via the Starzplay app on Virgin so I'm hoping season six pops up too.

I'll have a look at Power too, cheers.