Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The energy crisis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The energy crisis

Old 03-03-2023, 07:15   #2086
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The energy crisis

When do monthly bills drop at Octopus, my DD was taken a few days ago but still no bill?
Old 03-03-2023, 08:00   #2087
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

What date in the month is the government subsidy credited to your electricity bill?

I have a bill pending but I don't want to fully pay it if there's going to be a credit to the account shortly after. I'd rather that money stayed in my pocket.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:10   #2088
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
What date in the month is the government subsidy credited to your electricity bill?

I have a bill pending but I don't want to fully pay it if there's going to be a credit to the account shortly after. I'd rather that money stayed in my pocket.

They credited on 28th Feb £67 to Octopus.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:23   #2089
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
When do monthly bills drop at Octopus, my DD was taken a few days ago but still no bill?
I am on a smart meter and my DD comes out on the first of every month with a bill being generated a week later on the 7th of each month.

You can edit the amount and date of your DD payments which may alter the date your bill is produced but I haven't needed to alter the dates so I'm not sure what would actually happen.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:25   #2090
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I am on a smart meter and my DD comes out on the first of every month with a bill being generated a week later on the 7th of each month.

You can edit the amount and date of your DD payments which may alter the date your bill is produced but I haven't needed to alter the dates so I'm not sure what would actually happen.
my DD is also on the 1st so I'll get my bill the same as you I guess.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:29   #2091
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:

Just checked my Octopus Balence History and the credits have been added to my account one either the the last or first day of the month. So Februrary's was on the 28th the same as Snoopz
Old 03-03-2023, 10:18   #2092
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Thanks for looking Jo and SnoopZ. I'll log into the supplier and see if the credit is there.

No point in giving them more money than I need to.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:58   #2093
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Thanks for looking Jo and SnoopZ. I'll log into the supplier and see if the credit is there.

No point in giving them more money than I need to.
Have you tried their android app it's quicker?
Old 03-03-2023, 17:38   #2094
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Still don't think most folks realise their bills are going to shoot up again in April. Warmer weather and lower wholesale energy prices, they might of thought different.
Looks like the the Govt have realised the proverbial will hit the fan in April, and keep subsidising bills for a few more months anyway
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64830701
Won't cost them as much any longer as wholesale prices have gone down.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 17:47   #2095
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Indeed, I was going to post the same link.

They are probably hoping the actual cap will come down again in July.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 17:52   #2096
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Martin Lewis posted about it earlier. He says suppliers are expecting it too also but it is not definite yet. If things continue the next price cap July should be lower anyway. Global warming actually helping
Old 04-03-2023, 10:10   #2097
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Looks like the the Govt have realised the proverbial will hit the fan in April, and keep subsidising bills for a few more months anyway
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64830701
Won't cost them as much any longer as wholesale prices have gone down.
It felt inevitable, when a consumer champion like Martin goes public and then gets 100+ entities to back him, it would have been too much political damage to ignore him, social media has loads clipping his video explaining how the government will be saving money from the ofgem cap going down, so word was spreading.

My current gas tracker deal and agile deal run out in the summer, so will be interesting where things are then.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 19:39   #2098
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Two coal stations had to be fired up today, a third was put on standby.
Quote:
Two old coal-fired power plants have begun generating again as the UK expects to see its coldest night of the year so far.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64879044

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:12   #2099
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Thing is, like anything of this type, is costs more, wastes more fuel, and puts more into the atmosphere firing these up and then shutting them down, rather than just keeping them running.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:47   #2100
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

Still not received my monthly usage bill from Octopus so dropped them an email.

Edit - their reply which still doesn't help me as I've submitted atleast 2 meter readings in the last month and all its done is said how much gas and electric used in £s and I still don't have a breakdown of units used etc, is this normal?

My last Meter reading was Feb 22nd so I guess I should take another reading on March 22nd to get the amount used and do the maths for the units used myself from month to month?
Quote:
Thanks for getting in touch!

Billing is a little different at Octopus.

We'll produce a bill whenever you hand in a meter reading which gives you full control of when you receive your bills.

Once you've added a reading, you'll receive a reminder 28 days later to add a new reading.

If you'd like a bill produced now please upload a reading into your Octopus account.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 08-03-2023 at 10:25.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote