Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2021, 11:55   #721
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
He's said in the past that he believes that those who don't use cable services shouldn't post on this forum. I recall Paul telling him to button it, or words to that effect.
The question was posted on a number of sites by a number of people for a research paper for a friend doing it as a project. For her doctate: As clearly the conclusion would really upset some people l will leave at that.
Old 17-06-2021, 12:20   #722
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

That makes no sense as it wasn't posed as a question, but was you simply saying that those who don't use cable services shouldn't be using CF.

As I recall, Paul made it clear to you that everyone was welcome to post on this site whether they were a cable user or not and told you to stop saying this as you had said it previously.

...yet you chose to say it again at 18:50 yesterday to Legendkiller2K who provides very useful information to this forum. I'll leave it for others to draw their own conclusions as to who the troll stirring things up is in this particular situation.

Edit: After posting this I took a look at the changeling thread only to find that you've been posting off topic sarcastic remarks to those who take the time to keep this thread up to date:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...607636&page=88

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-06-2021 at 12:24.
Old 17-06-2021, 12:57   #723
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
He's said in the past that he believes that those who don't use cable services shouldn't post on this forum. I recall Paul telling him to button it, or words to that effect.
He is supposed to be 70 more like 7 he is on ignore from me i have no time for trolls like him.
Anyway let's not talk about him anymore i might have some good news for vm customers next week whenb i get back in work, been told got a few documents waiting for me, you watch now i've said this they end up being something like system update documents lol.
Old 17-06-2021, 13:54   #724
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Al Jazeera English closing down rumours appear online, Disney confirm FOX UK Channels axe times.

I have seen unconfirmed reports on an web site that anyone can update that Al Jazeera English is set to close over on Sky on June 30th.

Note that time of posting I can't confirmed this "Rumour". Or what will happen with Virgin Media TV.

Also TiVo confirm that Disney will axe FOX and FOX HD at 6am with FOX +1 to follow at 7am on July 1st.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 17-06-2021, 16:06   #725
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Apparently, Al Jazeera are now advertising this closure during their ad breaks.
Old 17-06-2021, 16:23   #726
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
[B][COLOR="Green"]
I have seen unconfirmed reports on an web site that anyone can update that Al Jazeera English is set to close over on Sky on June 30th.
Any information I am seeing is that the SD feed will be closed in most territories on July 1st

The website says UPDATE:From 1st of July 2021 Al Jazeera English SD will only be available on Satellite Thor 5 12418 V 28000 7/8.

https://sat.aljazeera.net/en#

Last edited by ScottishSteve; 17-06-2021 at 16:27.
Old 17-06-2021, 16:53   #727
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Apparently, Al Jazeera are now advertising this closure during their ad breaks.
Been watching Al Jazeera for over the hour (longer then ever before) and as far as I can see the Virgin Media UK feed do not carry advertising.

To Media Boy HQ it looks like an Al Jazeera English World Feed not an feed just for UK and N. Ireland.

We think Virgin Media is getting it feed from Intelsat 34 as Virgin Media UK has carry Al Jazeera Arabic Channel and that an only Satellite that broadcast both channels that time of posting.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 17-06-2021 at 17:01.
Old 17-06-2021, 17:01   #728
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Been watching Al Jazeera for over the hour (longer then ever before) and as far as I can see the Virgin Media UK feed do not carry advertising.
Media Boy, you can rewind the YouTube stream and check through if you can be bothered.

But see my post above
Old 17-06-2021, 17:13   #729
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Edit: After posting this I took a look at the changeling thread only to find that you've been posting off topic sarcastic remarks to those who take the time to keep this thread up to date:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...607636&page=88
To be fair, some of the changes are tedious but, nevertheless, still changes and that's why the changelog is there.
Old 17-06-2021, 17:38   #730
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

To Media Boy HQ it looks like an Al Jazeera English World Feed not an feed just for UK and N. Ireland.

We think Virgin Media is getting it feed from Intelsat 34 as Virgin Media UK has carry Al Jazeera Arabic Channel and that an only Satellite that broadcast both channels that time of posting.
The person who said this was watching on satellite via Sky.
Old 17-06-2021, 18:05   #731
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

We have been looking up to get an idea on where Virgin Media UK is getting Al Jazeera English World satellite feed from:

Intelsat 34 - Brazil
Thor 5 - Norway
Intelsat 20 - carries 24 C-band, 54 Ku-band and 1 Ka-band transponders. The C-band covers the Asia-Pacific region, while the Ku-band transponders is used for Direct to Home broadcasting to Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Hot Bird 13C - Asia, Europe, Americas, North Africa and the Middle East,

18:55 UPDATE: So if Virgin Media UK is not using the Sky feed (Astra 2G) it look like the feed is coming from Hot Bird 13C as Al Jazeera Arabic Channel is only on Hot Bird 13C in this part of the World.

https://sat.aljazeera.net/en/frequen...ch/201/217,4,5

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 17-06-2021 at 19:01. Reason: added Hot Bird 13C to list.
Old 17-06-2021, 18:38   #732
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
So why come here ? I dont go to a forum for bt or sky Scottish power or any other number of companies because l dont use them . If you do use virgin perhaps its time to update your details:

How better to keep abreast of current problems with Virgin than to look here?
Old 17-06-2021, 20:12   #733
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

Quote:
We have been looking up to get an idea on where Virgin Media UK is getting Al Jazeera English World satellite feed from:

Intelsat 34 - Brazil
Thor 5 - Norway
Intelsat 20 - carries 24 C-band, 54 Ku-band and 1 Ka-band transponders. The C-band covers the Asia-Pacific region, while the Ku-band transponders is used for Direct to Home broadcasting to Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Hot Bird 13C - Asia, Europe, Americas, North Africa and the Middle East,

18:55 UPDATE: So if Virgin Media UK is not using the Sky feed (Astra 2G) it look like the feed is coming from Hot Bird 13C as Al Jazeera Arabic Channel is only on Hot Bird 13C in this part of the World.

https://sat.aljazeera.net/en/frequen...ch/201/217,4,5
Virgin could easily be getting it from Thor 5 as that position historically has had feeds to cable networks and the footprint does cover the UK, or indeed it could be line fed over networks like some other services.

http://www.telenorsat.com/satellite-fleet/thor-5-t2/
Old 17-06-2021, 20:36   #734
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Virgin could easily be getting it from Thor 5 as that position historically has had feeds to cable networks and the footprint does cover the UK, or indeed it could be line fed over networks like some other services.

http://www.telenorsat.com/satellite-fleet/thor-5-t2/
I can reveal that TiVo has confirm that Al Jazeera English is broadcasting right now as an HD Channel on an SD Channel stream on (SID 701) C001.

Al Jazeera English (SID 701) https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
Blaze (SID 702) https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en

If the Audio is:
1) AC3 = HD Channel
2) MPG Encrypted = SD Channel

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Also Steve Virgin Media also carry Al Jazeera Arabic Channel (Channel 831) but that channel is not on Thor 5 satellite.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 17-06-2021 at 20:54.
Old 17-06-2021, 21:04   #735
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I can reveal that TiVo has confirm that Al Jazeera English is broadcasting right now as an HD Channel on an SD Channel stream on (SID 701) C001.

Al Jazeera English (SID 701) https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
Blaze (SID 702) https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en

If the Audio is:
1) AC3 = HD Channel
2) MPG Encrypted = SD Channel
AC3 is Dolby Digital sound which doesn't necessarily mean that the video resolution is HD.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Isn't Al Jazeera's UK playout from its London studios at the Shard?
Closed Thread