Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 18-04-2021, 19:05   #5401
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
They decided to place Far From Home at the end of Phase 3 because although it comes right after Endgame, it deals with Peter Parker’s grief over losing Tony Stark, who had become a mentor to him. So in a sense it’s carrying the implications of Endgame to their conclusion.

I’ve not actually got round to seeing it yet though ... annoyingly because of the rights mash up with Sony, Marvel-Disney can make the films but they can’t include them on Disney+.
Oh, I didn’t know that.
Old 26-04-2021, 22:00   #5402
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Mortal Kombat (2021)

6/10

If you can look past the dull lead character there's a welcome return to the source material in there. Hard to ignore that it was written with sequels in mind but the OTT gore and video game like deaths are fun.
Old 26-04-2021, 22:14   #5403
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Lol. I am half way through it as we speak and have just stopped because i am struggling to stay awake. I'll finish it tomorrow.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 22:15   #5404
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Nomadland, 3/10 mind numbingly boring.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 08:45   #5405
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress
Old 27-04-2021, 09:35   #5406
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am waiting for it to hit Disney+. It does seem like the kind of slow-burning film that I'll not enjoy too much but who knows, sometimes those films stick with you long afterwards.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 20:32   #5407
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress
So definitely mind numingly boring then.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 20:35   #5408
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Palm Springs

Modern Groundhog day. Enjoyed it
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 21:48   #5409
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Mortal Kombat (2021)

6/10
I agree. I was going to give it 5/10 but it got the extra point for Hiroyuki Sanada being in it. He has a fantastic on screen presence, was fantastic in The Last Samurai and Lost and was awesome in this as well.

They had a good stab at the film but the thing which let it down was weak characters and story. If it has been a 3 hour film I think it would have been better. I can't believe how easily all the bad guys went down at the end. That never happens, it is always the good guys who get their asses handed to them.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:34   #5410
General Maximus
Ran Away

Coming 2 America: 5/10 (nostalgia factor: 10/10)

Excellent production quality, I loved all the singing, dancing and costumes. The problem is that it just wasn't funny and I don't know whether it is because it is a bad comedy or because I don't find comedies in general funny. The one thing which really does tickle me and makes me laugh is when they start talking about McDonalds and McDowells.
I loved how they got every single one of the old cast back, it adds to the realism factor by keeping the characters you know alive in the already familiar universe.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:06   #5411
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Baby Driver - forgotten what a fun film this was.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 10:24   #5412
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Nomandland 7.5/10 - It is a slow film and I would NOT have had patience with it had I watched it at home. But I really liked it. It's a good looking film and I think after giving it that time you end up investing in her story and where it'll end up, it actually gives you a bit of tension towards the end wondering what she is doing. I found out a lot of the Nomads weren't actors but were playing versions of themselves so the Director deserves even more credit. The scene where she talks with Bob and he mentions the loss of his son is that guy's real story and apparently that scene was the first time he had talked publically about it.
Old 24-05-2021, 10:32   #5413
General Maximus
Ran Away

but should it be classed as documentary or a multi-Oscar winning Hollywood movie?
Old 24-05-2021, 12:43   #5414
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Life - Not bad, the ending was somewhat predictable.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 16:23   #5415
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
but should it be classed as documentary or a multi-Oscar winning Hollywood movie?
Well, it isn't a Documentary. Fern is fictional and the 'real life' people are sometimes playing slightly altered versions of themselves, i.e the women with brain cancer doesn't really have it.

I think it certainly deserved Best Actor, Best Cinematography and Best Director. Best film? Debatable. But it's not undeserving.

Also as I was saying the Bob guy is real and really does have a YouTube channel helping Nomads. Here is that channel with a video of him talking of the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YDYvl0fRxQ