Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DAZN

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

DAZN

Old 09-05-2021, 10:57   #1
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
DAZN

any one got any news about VM getting DAZN ?
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2021, 12:56   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: DAZN

I’m doubtful many companies like these will want to increase their outlay by joining what are basically linear TV platforms. The app is installed on a lot of TVs directly, so spending out on developing apps for VMs or SkyQ boxes will just push their costs up for little gain.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 18:55   #3
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I’m doubtful many companies like these will want to increase their outlay by joining what are basically linear TV platforms. The app is installed on a lot of TVs directly, so spending out on developing apps for VMs or SkyQ boxes will just push their costs up for little gain.
DAZN is available on the Sky Q boxes for their Italian and German services - both places where DAZN has significant football rights. I dare say the same app will be made available in the UK if they get significant rights here.

They are on certain cable providers where they have significant rights, e.g. Vodafone's cable service in Germany.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 11:28   #4
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

In theory if Dazn show football games sky sports show then I would think if its cheaper than sky than Sky might not want people to pay less etc , will see what the future holds out
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 18:37   #5
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

I thought DAZN was now available in the UK?

I went to the website and it says not available in this country?

No VPN on but I do have a different DNS, is that it?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 19:52   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
In theory if Dazn show football games sky sports show then I would think if its cheaper than sky than Sky might not want people to pay less etc , will see what the future holds out

Except it would be illegal for DAZN to allow their broadcasts to be available in the UK as they don't own the UK rights.

Something similar happened in the Arabian gulf with a different company muscling in illegally.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 18:04   #7
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I thought DAZN was now available in the UK?

I went to the website and it says not available in this country?

No VPN on but I do have a different DNS, is that it?
It's certainly available in the UK so the issue likely lies at your end
https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/welcome
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 19:42   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I think you are underestimating the advantage of having your streamer included on major platforms such as Sky, Virgin and BT, to be honest.
Old 14-05-2021, 20:41   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think you are underestimating the advantage of having your streamer included on major platforms such as Sky, Virgin and BT, to be honest.

DAZN is not available on sky - not sure about the others.

From what I can glean, DAZN is currently £1.99 pm and has Boxing and MMA only in the UK - saying that if you are into either it seems cheap.

If that is the sort of monthly charge streamers are expecting to get, they may get a lot of subscribers, but little profit?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 00:04   #10
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

From what I can glean, DAZN is currently £1.99 pm and has Boxing and MMA only in the UK - saying that if you are into either it seems cheap.

If that is the sort of monthly charge streamers are expecting to get, they may get a lot of subscribers, but little profit?
It's a well-tested approach. Come in cheap and grow the content and price.

In Italy, DAZN is on a satellie linear channel viewable on Sky. I'm not sure about the app. https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/...italia-channel

If DAZN acquired more rights then absolutely I could see it doing the same thing as it's done in Italy.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 15-05-2021 at 00:10.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 08:41   #11
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There are 2-3 non fighting documentaries in there - but 99% is Boxing/MMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote