Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A thread for FreeSat changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

A thread for FreeSat changes

Old 06-01-2020, 01:02   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
A thread for FreeSat changes

There doesn't seem to be a FreeSat changes thread on here so I thought I'd start one.

Not the most active of platforms, but changes happen.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2020, 10:56   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: A thread for FreeSat changes

The next change on FreeSat will be 5Spike leaving on Tuesday like on the other platforms. As Paramount Network UK is higher on this EPG there won't be any Paramount Network number change like elsewhere.

Speculation has been that 5Star+1 will return to the platform and take 5Spike's EPG position.

It occurred to me last night that the more obvious change, given what's happening on Freeview as a result of the same channel closure, is that Smithsonian Channel will get 5Spike's FreeSat number. It's currently right at the end of the general section.
Old 06-01-2020, 15:38   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

It's been posted elsewhere that 5Star+1 has indeed taken 5Spike's EPG number (141) on FreeSat today.

Shame, it would have suited Smithsonian Channel better.
Old 06-01-2020, 16:43   #4
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I am with Freesat and the only fault is channel 516 was a great Keep it Country programme I think it is called Showtime now, But the quality of the picture is not worth watching , used to be great, This is not just me it is in different parts of Glasgow,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 20:04   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I am with Freesat and the only fault is channel 516 was a great Keep it Country programme I think it is called Showtime now, But the quality of the picture is not worth watching , used to be great, This is not just me it is in different parts of Glasgow,
It’s called Spotlight TV. I’ve not noticed any decline in quality, but it does show up as a weaker signal on the transponder they use. It would be worth looking through the manual of your sat box for a signal test. May be that the dish needs realignment or the coax connection is deteriorating.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 20:25   #6
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
It’s called Spotlight TV. I’ve not noticed any decline in quality, but it does show up as a weaker signal on the transponder they use. It would be worth looking through the manual of your sat box for a signal test. May be that the dish needs realignment or the coax connection is deteriorating.
Thanks but I am not good at these things, Even my friends in Glasgow who have preview cannot get it and they used too,
Old 04-02-2020, 21:47   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Spotlight isn't on a National multiplex on Freeview now, it's on the Manchester multiplex via an Aerial and as a streamed channel on Ch 264 if your Freeview TV is connected to the Internet.

I've not looked at it on Freesat since it changed its name, so I can't comment on the picture quality. Sorry.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:15   #8
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Spotlight isn't on a National multiplex on Freeview now, it's on the Manchester multiplex via an Aerial and as a streamed channel on Ch 264 if your Freeview TV is connected to the Internet.

I've not looked at it on Freesat since it changed its name, so I can't comment on the picture quality. Sorry.
Thanks for your chat,
Old 27-02-2020, 16:48   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Missed this. Apparently happened a couple of weeks ago.

Pop+1 (606) has been removed from FreeSat EPG.

Will still be available to manually tune in, if you have a box that has the function, as it's still available on Sky (I checked).
------

New change.
Sony Channel +1 has moved from 152 to 143 alongside its primary channel.
Old 27-02-2020, 20:07   #10
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Missed this. Apparently happened a couple of weeks ago.
Pop+1 (606) has been removed from FreeSat EPG.
Will still be available to manually tune in, if you have a box that has the function, as it's still available on Sky (I checked).
The frequency to tune into is either 11307V SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:53370
or 11307V SR:27500 FEC:2/3 SID:53370 (am not sure which FEC is correct)
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 21:21   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
The frequency to tune into is either 11307V SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:53370
or 11307V SR:27500 FEC:2/3 SID:53370 (am not sure which FEC is correct)
Thanks newapollo.
Old 28-02-2020, 18:42   #12
nashville
nashville

Thanks
Old 06-03-2020, 12:33   #13
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Live 360 has apparently been added on 176.
Source: lovinthetelly on Digital Spy.
Old 06-03-2020, 15:10   #14
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Live 360 has apparently been added on 176.
Source: lovinthetelly on Digital Spy.
Thanks
Old 18-03-2020, 10:01   #15
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

806 - JML Direct has been removed.

Presumably from the Freesat EPG, it may still be available on Sky and for manual tunin in.

A shopping channel, if you didn't know.

Source : lovinthetelly on Digital Spy.