Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Photo of the day

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Photo of the day

Old 16-06-2013, 10:38   #31
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Photo of the day

@ Chad & Tinky. I have a tiny patio area that is squeezed in at the back of our sitting room. It is a sun trap and the site of many a happy afternoons drinking vimto with friends and family. It also gets good WiFi coverage so I often sit out there in the sun sketching or catching up on my forums.

Tinky, I notice you still have your aviary. Does it have any occupants again?

I quite like the idea of this thread. It's interesting seeing things though other members eyes without the element of a competition. It can be quite intimidating to some people when you see the entries submitted by some of our members who have such a talent for photography.
Old 16-06-2013, 13:19   #32
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

This may be a bit of a cheat as the pictures were taken 3 weeks ago, but I've been playing with the 64bit version of Microsoft Image Composite Editor and was surprised how good the resulting panorama was from this free simple to use software using 6 photos taken at Carisbrooke Castle, I.O.W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carisbrooke Panorama.jpg (823.4 KB, 36 views)
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:35   #33
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
@ Chad & Tinky. I have a tiny patio area that is squeezed in at the back of our sitting room. It is a sun trap and the site of many a happy afternoons drinking vimto with friends and family. It also gets good WiFi coverage so I often sit out there in the sun sketching or catching up on my forums.

Tinky, I notice you still have your aviary. Does it have any occupants again?

I quite like the idea of this thread. It's interesting seeing things though other members eyes without the element of a competition. It can be quite intimidating to some people when you see the entries submitted by some of our members who have such a talent for photography.
I know what you mean about being able to post our snaps without the element of competition Jo, I did get the feeling at times that the entries were too good to be entirely from amateurs.

Alas out aviary is now empty Jo, our last budgie died fairly recently (indoors) at age 13. We do not intend to get/have any more pets, they are very tying and besides we get too emotional when they pass away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6x View Post
This may be a bit of a cheat as the pictures were taken 3 weeks ago, but I've been playing with the 64bit version of Microsoft Image Composite Editor and was surprised how good the resulting panorama was from this free simple to use software using 6 photos taken at Carisbrooke Castle, I.O.W.
That's an amazing photo Dave.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:59   #34
dave6x
Inactive

dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
That's an amazing photo Dave.
Thanks Tinky, I was really surprised how effective and easy to use the Microsoft ICE software was, not what I expect from M$'s free offerings!

I had used the earlier 32bit version a couple of years ago, but that was nowhere near as good.
Old 16-06-2013, 14:15   #35
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks Tinky, I was really surprised how effective and easy to use the Microsoft ICE software was, not what I expect from M$'s free offerings!

I had used the earlier 32bit version a couple of years ago, but that was nowhere near as good.
Never heard of Microsoft ICE Dave, had to google it, may come in handy some time so have added it to my Bookmarks, ta muchly.
Old 17-06-2013, 17:32   #36
dave6x
Inactive

Took this photo through my kitchen window so not claiming the pic is good. But what I want to know is does anyone know what the other bird is with the Wood Pigeon at the bottom of my garden? When I first saw it I thought it was a Stock Dove, but realise it isn't, so could it be a Rock Dove or maybe just a dodgy pigeon cross?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wood Pigeon & Friend.jpg (329.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 17-06-2013, 18:10   #37
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

I think it's a stool pigeon.
Old 17-06-2013, 19:09   #38
dave6x
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
I think it's a stool pigeon.
lol@danielf
Old 17-06-2013, 19:32   #39
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
So many great photos on here, wish they'd bring back to photo competition. The tree, the wee cat and Jo your garden looks idyllic such a lovely peaceful haven, I love it. Here are a couple taken by me this morning.

1) Our back garden, view taken from a bedroom 2) Tomato plants are coming on.
I would like to see a snap once the tomatoes are ripe, and form part of your dinner. A before and after of sorts

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Quote:
That is stunning!

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

This was from yesterday. I was feeding the ducks and thought I'd grab a snap at the same time.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:47   #40
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Is there any folk stories attached to the tree such as witches being hanged or a meeting point for an old historical event etc...?
Afraid there is nothing like that, but I can see where you are coming from The small park was owned by a Prime Minister and later he donated it to the local council.

It was the pattern of branches in the shadow on the ground which looked cool and made me take the picture but I didn't manage to capture that too well.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This was from yesterday. I was feeding the ducks and thought I'd grab a snap at the same time.
Nice picture, just tranquil
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 21:01   #41
Tinky
To err is human

Poppy love................

Old 19-06-2013, 21:53   #42
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Is that a petunia I spy in the bottom left hand corner tinky?
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 02:05   #43
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
My eyes were drawn to that more than the rest of the picture. Vivid contrast makes it appear as if it was stuck on the photo after
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 08:06   #44
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Yes Alferret sort of gives an idea of the size of the poppy.
Old 21-06-2013, 01:21   #45
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I'm not going to say what is happening here. Anyone who can guess what this is will receive some rep points

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
lift?
Correct! A very dark lift with 4 mirrored walls. It wasn't so much the photo I was after, it was to see the effect of the flash in an enclosed mirrored environment. It was dazzling
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote