Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 07-08-2021, 11:27   #5521
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I find Paint Shop Pro just as good as Photoshop at just a fraction of the price.

For being a loyal customer i got it for £54.99.

Ive been using it for years to.
You got ripped off.

You can buy Paintshop Pro Upgrade direct from their site for £49.99, unless you're talking about the Ultimate edition?

https://www.paintshoppro.com/en/prod...f=1101lhpsRVBU
Old 09-08-2021, 13:38   #5522
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Teva FI-5 sandals. My first Teva's (F3000A) I bought in 2000 and lasted well into the 2010's, then I got FI-4 and they've only managed a few years - less well designed (to my mind - probably technically better though).
Price on Teva = £80, on Amazon also around £80 but what's this slightly different entry at £68, and in my size with a blue strap £61 - much better.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:05   #5523
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Exercise bike, can't ride my mountain bike at the moment as i have cracked a rib so it's tour de front room for now.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:43   #5524
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

A 1.5kg pot of brined green peppercorns.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:30   #5525
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

USBNOVEL WiFi Extender, 2.4G Wireless Internet Booster for Home 300Mbps Super boost Wi-Fi Range Repeater WLAN Signal Amplifier Repetidor £15'99
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:35   #5526
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I feel that you have purchased a product that is not suitable as it is slow and doesn't support the latest WiFi standards and only wireless 2.4g and not 5g.

I would recommend cancelling this and making a thread to get help on what you should alternatively buy.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:37   #5527
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

I concur with SnoopZ. You really don’t want to buy that.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:49   #5528
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Blue sticky traps for Thrips that have appeared in my greenhouse.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 20:19   #5529
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I feel that you have purchased a product that is not suitable as it is slow and doesn't support the latest WiFi standards and only wireless 2.4g and not 5g.

I would recommend cancelling this and making a thread to get help on what you should alternatively buy.

Thanks for the feedback SnoopZ and bbxxl, but too late as it has arrived today, nevermind it must be better than previous, will bear in mind what you have said.
Old 11-08-2021, 20:27   #5530
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thanks for the feedback SnoopZ and bbxxl, but too late as it has arrived today, nevermind it must be better than previous, will bear in mind what you have said.
It's really really bad Tinky send it back.
Old 11-08-2021, 21:31   #5531
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It's really really bad Tinky send it back.
If it is just being used to extend wifi for browsing and streaming I do not see why it would be a problem. A lot of my Smart products only work on 2.4 Ghz anyway and seeing as 2.4Ghz has more range then 5Ghz I likely would set them up on that anyway
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 00:51   #5532
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
If it is just being used to extend wifi for browsing and streaming I do not see why it would be a problem. A lot of my Smart products only work on 2.4 Ghz anyway and seeing as 2.4Ghz has more range then 5Ghz I likely would set them up on that anyway
That’s great if you’re happy with it.

My 5G is far faster 2 floors away than my 2.4G is next to the router.

Your choice.
Old 12-08-2021, 00:54   #5533
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
That’s great if you’re happy with it.

My 5G is far faster 2 floors away than my 2.4G is next to the router.

Your choice.
I was just reassuring Tinky and you did digest that I was only saying I would only set up my Smart home with 2.4Ghz as a lot of the devices I have only support that?

And as for speed I do not transfer data wirelessly across my network I just stream and browse the web. I take it from your post you do transfer data wirelessly or at the very least run a speedtest haha
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:24   #5534
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I was just reassuring Tinky and you did digest that I was only saying I would only set up my Smart home with 2.4Ghz as a lot of the devices I have only support that?

And as for speed I do not transfer data wirelessly across my network I just stream and browse the web. I take it from your post you do transfer data wirelessly or at the very least run a speedtest haha
If you are happy, that’s all that matters. But streaming over 2.4G?
Old 12-08-2021, 09:05   #5535
Tinky
To err is human

I only intend to use for browsing and streaming, we live in a small 2 bed bungalow. One of our TV's is in the conservatory (my room) and occasionally I do experience buffering, I just thought this would help. Now to work out how to install???????

To all that have replied