Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Added TV service now reduced to 100Mbps from 200mbps

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Added TV service now reduced to 100Mbps from 200mbps

Old 30-04-2021, 00:06   #1
Bingham67
cf.member

Bingham67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Added TV service now reduced to 100Mbps from 200mbps

Had an infuriating couple of days with Virgin I had the standard broadband and phone (200mbps package)

Basically without warning after using the online portal to upgrade my TV I recieve an email the next day telling me I'm now back down to 100mbps despite the contract in the same email attached saying 200mbps. In this email contains zero information on what I go on to be told next....

30 mins waiting on the phone the customer support basically said I have been temp reduced due to installing the 360 TV service which requires coding etc. Ok im thinking but this hasnt been explained to me he also said your 200mbps would be restored that night it wasnt.

Next day I use the online support chat after I keep on pushing and not budging and being told something different again. Basically said your package has changed due to a promotional code so you have been reduced to 100mbps until 5th of May when your TV installed.

I said I fail to understand why my Internet been reduced to install a TV package it dosnt make sense to me. But anyway the lady in the chat apologised reconnected me and said I have put 200mbps back on I have done the codes there will be no charges to your account. I did a speedtest and said im still on 100mbps she said the speed would get faster as the night goes on. It still says in my account 100mbps although I wish I said that on the online chat at the time now fast forward to 11pm now I get 70mbps on a speedtest!

Well a £1.01 charge has been added since using that online chat I havnt even had my first bill so its showing in the partial month charges. I know it been added because they ask for your last bill charge total Im like what the hell has gone on in two days to be in this mess.

All I want is 200mbps and TV to be added if I knew it would be this bad and hassle I would not of bothered. I would not be to bothered if they have explained this in the first place and also Im currently going to sit on 100mbps for 8 days when contractually im paying for 200mbps with no discount offered.
Bingham67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2021, 04:37   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Added TV service now reduced to 100Mbps from 200mbps

If nothing goes wrong and you don't change your package, VM is ok. If either of these happens you have seen for yourself the delays, being told incorrect information, being lied to and general farce that it becomes.

The internet (including their own Community Forum) will show that you are not alone (not that this makes it right or will make you feel any better about it).

If, as I expect, you continue to be messed about and you complain, it's likely that you'll experience much the of the same behaviour. Then, i'd advise that you complain to CISAS where most times the result is in the customers favour.

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 09:12   #3
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If nothing goes wrong and you don't change your package, VM is ok. If either of these happens you have seen for yourself the delays, being told incorrect information, being lied to and general farce that it becomes.
Yup, hence my mobile phone being cut off randomly and my number lost for weeks etc, because I dared to threaten to cancel over price rises.

People - even on this very forum - then said it was my fault for changing my package. As if I should just accept all increases from VM.

If VM didn't do this massive discount then massive price rise at end of contract (sometimes 50%+) none of this would be needed, but here we are.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 12:21   #4
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
speed would get faster as the night goes on
that's when you should have put phone down and try some else.
VM , really need to shake up there workforce.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 19:55   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Have say that l change packages on a regular basis .As shocking as it may seem can't recall any real or lasting problems .The only one was when premier sports were listed as free. If' you' recall it was later charged. After a lot of talking back and fore remains free.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:58   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Yup, hence my mobile phone being cut off randomly and my number lost for weeks etc, because I dared to threaten to cancel over price rises.
Not exactly true according to your own posts - you didnt just 'threaten' to cancel ...

Quote:
Due to the price rises I submitted a cancellation, hoping they would phone me with a better offer.
You cancelled then tried to reverse it when VM didnt offer you what you wanted - not quite the same thing.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 20:59   #7
Bingham67
cf.member

Bingham67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well dont think im going to have much hair left finally got broadband back on now lies the fault with getting the TV on.

Again I have not been told from the start that installing TV by engineer is not allowed currently as it fall under non essential. So my manned install got cancelled straightaway and ive had to sort this problem out now.

So another call later I get sent a self install box I said to the customer service this is useless as my install originally (broadband and phone only) was brand new end of April setup in another room. Wires need to be layed and drilled and put into the living room which requires an engineer. He was sympathetic but my patience was at breaking when he said I need to phone up the day of TV box arrives and put through that your self install failed. The system is absoloutely crazy and he agreed I said I cant do that now then he said no you have to call again on the 7th May when the TV box arrives.

The drama continues...
Bingham67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:56   #8
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Not exactly true according to your own posts - you didnt just 'threaten' to cancel ...

You cancelled then tried to reverse it when VM didnt offer you what you wanted - not quite the same thing.
Not really any point in arguing with you, but I submitted notice to cancel, and then phoned them, withdrew that notice, which they agreed with, and were happy to continue my services, and still terminated my mobile.

If I was so in the wrong, seems strange that they settled it and sent me a cheque for £259.

https://imgur.com/pnx4EPC.png
Old 09-05-2021, 21:11   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not really any point in arguing with you, but I submitted notice to cancel, and then phoned them, withdrew that notice, which they agreed with, and were happy to continue my services, and still terminated my mobile.

If I was so in the wrong, seems strange that they settled it and sent me a cheque for £259.

https://imgur.com/pnx4EPC.png
Well done! You did better than me, after messing me about I only got just under £200, but I still dumped them for a cheaper supplier as past experience has shown me that their inept behaviour happens again and again. This must be costing them a fortune; you'd really think they'd get their act together. Maybe it doesn't and most people tolerate their abysmal & incompetent service??

I posted this link in a different thread earlier, it might be useful to plug in your details and see how much cheaper other suppliers are, especially now that we are able to port our numbers across to other suppliers:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/
Old 09-05-2021, 22:05   #10
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well done! You did better than me, after messing me about I only got just under £200, but I still dumped them for a cheaper supplier as past experience has shown me that their inept behaviour happens again and again. This must be costing them a fortune; you'd really think they'd get their act together. Maybe it doesn't and most people tolerate their abysmal & incompetent service??

I posted this link in a different thread earlier, it might be useful to plug in your details and see how much cheaper other suppliers are, especially now that we are able to port our numbers across to other suppliers:

Something we've been able to do for the best part of 18 years .
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:11   #11
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:

Yeah, I dumped VM already. The £259 included them paying for my replacement SIM and refunding me for the lack of service in the last 2 months of my contract. I'm now with Zen for FTTC pending Cityfibre here in Ipswich, and Three for mobile.
Old 10-05-2021, 19:53   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Not really any point in arguing with you
None at all, since you posted exactly that before, and stated the very same thing again in your next sentance.

Quote:
Due to the price rises I submitted a cancellation, hoping they would phone me with a better offer.
Quote:
I submitted notice to cancel, and then phoned them, withdrew that notice

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 21:47   #13
rtho782
cf.addict

I'm not disputing that I gave notice to cancel - which is in effect a package change to "none", or that I then told them to keep it, in effect a package change to "350m BB and 4GB Sim", cancelling or changing package is obviously my right.

Doesn't mean it's fair enough that they mess up and cancel my phone anyway when they had 2 weeks notice *not* to cancel it does it? I mean, it seems they agree with me in the end as they've paid for my replacement phone.

The conversation went like this: "Would you like to tie in for 18m and we can give you a further discount" "No thanks, I don't want a new minimum term. But I guess I'll stay on the same terms as I had" "Ok that's fine, I'll process that for you now" "So My services won't terminate?" "no, everything will carry on as it was" "Ok, perfect, thanks!"

The only way it's my fault is if you say I should have expected VM to be so useless and inept that they were somewhere between incompetent and lying and would in fact cancel my mobile phone anyway. I guess, perhaps in that you're right. I'd dealt with them before and knew their staff were useless.

Definitely seems to be an ongoing issue with VM being inept and unable to communicate internally between media and mobile - after posting about this in various places someone reached out and told me they have a Mobile sim that has carried on working ~6m *after* they cancelled their services as VM are inept. Free data I suppose?

Last edited by rtho782; 10-05-2021 at 21:52.
Old 10-05-2021, 23:13   #14
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Something we've been able to do for the best part of 18 years .
Is it really that long? I had heard about it, but never looked into it as I was happy with Virgin Mobile. Then, as is usually the case with VM, a relatively simple matter is ignored and has to be escelated. When they had the cheek to finally contact me, not about my issue, but with a price rise I started doing price comparisons and found that they had been overcharging me!

I eventually got a refund of the overcharged amount and some compensation, but they lost my custom anyway. If they had of dealt with the relatively trivial matter at the time none of this would have happened & I would probably have still been with them! I'm saving money, so in a strange way they did me a favour

When I feel up to it i'm going to go through our few remaining business contracts that we still have with VM.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Quote:
Yeah, I dumped VM already. The £259 included them paying for my replacement SIM and refunding me for the lack of service in the last 2 months of my contract. I'm now with Zen for FTTC pending Cityfibre here in Ipswich, and Three for mobile.
Good for you! We now have the option of Cityfibre, so i'll be looking to see what they have to offer when my VM contract expires. Whilst reading the huge number of people complaining about the shocking VM CS on the web, many say that they only put up with it because they need the speeds that VM offer.

Cityfibre etc have clearly seen this gap in the market, otherwise why spend money building their own network? To use a railway metaphore, it would be pointless building a railway track in parallel to the existing line if everybody was happy with the incumbent!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 10-05-2021 at 23:16.
Old 14-05-2021, 12:47   #15
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Is it really that long? I had heard about it, but never looked into it as I was happy with Virgin Mobile. Then, as is usually the case with VM, a relatively simple matter is ignored and has to be escelated. When they had the cheek to finally contact me, not about my issue, but with a price rise I started doing price comparisons and found that they had been overcharging me!

I eventually got a refund of the overcharged amount and some compensation, but they lost my custom anyway. If they had of dealt with the relatively trivial matter at the time none of this would have happened & I would probably have still been with them! I'm saving money, so in a strange way they did me a favour

When I feel up to it i'm going to go through our few remaining business contracts that we still have with VM.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Good for you! We now have the option of Cityfibre, so i'll be looking to see what they have to offer when my VM contract expires. Whilst reading the huge number of people complaining about the shocking VM CS on the web, many say that they only put up with it because they need the speeds that VM offer.

Cityfibre etc have clearly seen this gap in the market, otherwise why spend money building their own network? To use a railway metaphore, it would be pointless building a railway track in parallel to the existing line if everybody was happy with the incumbent!

Er - HS2?

On VM, I suppose I’m lucky with my VM services. I’m under no illusion, though, that were service quality poor, I’d have plenty to grumble about.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote