Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 07-05-2021, 12:23   #1561
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

As of 5th May 2021 - any new customer taking UO, or any existing customer starting or restarting a UO contract will get Cinema UHD as a part of the UO package.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2021, 14:55   #1562
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
As of 5th May 2021 - any new customer taking UO, or any existing customer starting or restarting a UO contract will get Cinema UHD as a part of the UO package.
But those of us who renewed our UO contract in March for 18 Months are still completely shafted then?
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 19:36   #1563
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
But those of us who renewed our UO contract in March for 18 Months are still completely shafted then?
Spot on, Virgin alienating their loyal customer base, who have paid them thousands over many years, shame on them..
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 21:09   #1564
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Had to ring them Thursday about my bill and mentioned that the quality of the uhd movies where not as good as bt sport ultimate and ch 999 and said I can remove the uhd movies any time without upsetting the contract
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 21:53   #1565
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It was always an add-on which is not a part on the overall contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Had to ring them Thursday about my bill and mentioned that the quality of the uhd movies where not as good as bt sport ultimate and ch 999 and said I can remove the uhd movies any time without upsetting the contract
Old 13-05-2021, 01:23   #1566
dan dority
cf.member

Services: XL tv and sports L broadband
dan dority will become famous soon enoughdan dority will become famous soon enoughdan dority will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i renewed my oomph bundle on monday ,the uhd box sets and movies are still asking onscreen to be upgraded
dan dority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 06:28   #1567
ozsat
cf.mega poster

It is a manual update I think.

Mine didn't auto-update - I queried it and the guy found the code to enter and it started working within 10 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan dority View Post
i renewed my oomph bundle on monday ,the uhd box sets and movies are still asking onscreen to be upgraded
Old 26-05-2021, 12:03   #1568
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I suppose it's fair to speculate that Sky Sports UHD will launch at the start of the new Premier league season in August.
Then again, I said it this time last year but now that the crowds could be back, who knows?
Old 26-05-2021, 19:34   #1569
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I suppose it's fair to speculate that Sky Sports UHD will launch at the start of the new Premier league season in August.
Then again, I said it this time last year but now that the crowds could be back, who knows?

It won't launch on Virgin until a channel is up and running on Sky (which it isn't) - not sure enough sport is broadcast in UHD to warrant one at present.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2021, 19:42   #1570
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Managed to get new UO plus 1 gig for the same as my post-price rise price. I phoned up for the automatic 6 months price rise reduction so it was ending soon anyway.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2021, 10:21   #1571
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
It won't launch on Virgin until a channel is up and running on Sky (which it isn't) - not sure enough sport is broadcast in UHD to warrant one at present.
More likely to be on red button rather than a stand alone channel.
It's only a year late after all according to the press release of 2 years ago.
Old 27-05-2021, 12:09   #1572
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Why would that be the case. Its red button on Sky and works wel.l think it would,d be the same on VM.
Old 27-05-2021, 21:41   #1573
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Managed to get new UO plus 1 gig for the same as my post-price rise price. I phoned up for the automatic 6 months price rise reduction so it was ending soon anyway.
Using my ASUS router to traffic monitor UHD Sky Movies is fluctuating between 15 and 25 meg.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2021, 22:09   #1574
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Using my ASUS router to traffic monitor UHD Sky Movies is fluctuating between 15 and 25 meg.
What a laugh - bbc1hd and sky sports HD used to have 20-25 meg when they first came out.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2021, 22:44   #1575
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What a laugh - bbc1hd and sky sports HD used to have 20-25 meg when they first came out.
Video compression has come a long way since those days.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote