Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin moving to Vodafone in 2021

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin moving to Vodafone in 2021

Old 14-11-2019, 12:22   #31
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin moving to Vodafone in 2021

Given the Horizon system already has cloud facilities, from what I read if I'm recalling it correctly, in the countries Liberty Global uses it in currently, there is no need for Vodafone's cloud system.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2019, 12:44   #32
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Why on earth would VM adopt a failed TV system, when they already have two tried & tested ones?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 12:59   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I can say that the Voda cloud recording and playback did work well and it was a decent service.
Old 15-11-2019, 05:04   #34
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Given the Horizon system already has cloud facilities, from what I read if I'm recalling it correctly, in the countries Liberty Global uses it in currently, there is no need for Vodafone's cloud system.
There is if Liberty global is selling up in the uk area like what they done in Germany.....
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 11:21   #35
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
There is if Liberty global is selling up in the uk area like what they done in Germany.....
Various press articles have suggested Virgin Media is the cable asset Liberty Global value most out of their remaining ones, which may make it the last one they sell. I can't remember how many they have left, but it's not just VM.
Old 15-11-2019, 14:14   #36
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I can't remember how many they have left, but it's not just VM.
Their cable areas are here

https://www.libertyglobal.com/operations/companies/
Old 15-11-2019, 14:40   #37
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Thanks BenMcr.

Interesting, the Dutch operation is a 50/50 joint venture with Vodafone.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:02   #38
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a shame for me as me and the wife are on EE and the eldest boy has a virgin sim as EE is the only network with reliable coverage where we live. Had Vodafone before and frequently loses signal. Will render that unlimited sim on the ultimate oomph almost useless ( if I keep the package that long)
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 21:36   #39
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
This is a shame for me as me and the wife are on EE and the eldest boy has a virgin sim as EE is the only network with reliable coverage where we live. Had Vodafone before and frequently loses signal. Will render that unlimited sim on the ultimate oomph almost useless ( if I keep the package that long)
Vodafone might allow virgin to get wifi calling for home use
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 21:43   #40
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Vodafone might allow virgin to get wifi calling for home use

I hope so!
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 19:42   #41
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
Keep the Ultimate Oomph SIM for the bundle discount, and put it in a drawer.

I don't know whether putting all your phones onto the same EE account and having access to data sharing would work?
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 20:39   #42
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s not really a WiFi calling problem for me personally as I very rarely call or receive a call. I probably get a call once a week on average. It’s just more a matter of if I’m walking to the shops and want to stream some music or watch a film on the bus it’s painful if it works at all on Vodafone. First world problem I know. EE is rubbish where I work and Vodafone was strong there. Swings and roundabouts.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 15:01   #43
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

The perfect network just doesn't exist of course... But I'd always take MNO service given a free choice/
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote