Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 08:57   #1396
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Weird that Sky Arts is the only channel out of sequence with its HD channel, could easily have been avoided. It's not being treated very well considering Sky were touting it as their equivalent to a PSB.
And much worse for those that only have the SD version...several screens more scrolling on my Favourites now.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Just combed through the EPG following the Sky changes and everything I had Series Linked is on both Showcase and Max at the same time and the Series Links remain working, they've just moved over to Showcase.

Aside from the odd film or sporting event I could pretty much unFavourite Showcase, the whole thing has not improved anything, quite the opposite. Unless they start showing more from the other Sky channels and less of Max on Showcase there's no point, it won't make me "aware" of anything.
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2021, 09:01   #1397
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismestry View Post
GBNEWS is an excellent news channel.
It's neither a news channel nor excellent [except for right wing nonsense].

Glad I have the firestick for options. Also locally Virgin give us rte so another option for non UK news coverage.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:40   #1398
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The Sky Showcase logo took its sweet time replacing the Sky1 .

Are logos updated at the same time as programme information?
Old 01-09-2021, 12:41   #1399
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Mine updated here - was correct first thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Sky Showcase logo took its sweet time replacing the Sky1 .

Are logos updated at the same time as programme information?
Old 01-09-2021, 12:44   #1400
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Mine updated here - was correct first thing
Ta. Probably depends when the next check is scheduled in individual boxes.

The name was changed first thing here, just not the logo.
Old 01-09-2021, 14:08   #1401
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Today would have been an ideal day to launch 'Sky Sports Ultra HD'.
Old 01-09-2021, 16:24   #1402
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Initially I thought the same, then I thought maybe they want the other changes to sink into customer's minds. Too many things changing all at once risks overwhelming people and/or some changes going unnoticed.

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Just combed through the EPG following the Sky changes and everything I had Series Linked is on both Showcase and Max at the same time and the Series Links remain working, they've just moved over to Showcase.
One of my Series Links has moved from Sky Showcase to Sky Max.

The only difference between it and the others is it was set to All whereas the others are set to Sky1. Usually when you set a Series Link to All Channels it picks the channel with the most prominent channel number, so this is a surprise change, and oddly it didn't change until quite late in the day.
Old 01-09-2021, 16:28   #1403
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yup.

On Virgin Media the CNN picture was replaced at two minutes past midnight with a slate advising viewers that it had been removed and to try Sky News, BBC Nrws or Bloomberg as an alternative. They seem to have had the sense not to suggest GB News this time!

There is no mention of the alternative ways to continue to receive CNN.

A minute later the audio was removed and the channel is now silent. Bloody great

---------- Post added at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Do you mean you think it's excellent editorially, technically or for it's in depth, wide ranging and comprehensive news coverage?
Well, CNN has at this moment in time remained free to air on satellite.

Unless it encrypts, this shows the reason (going subscription) that VM gave for pulling it as complete BS.

If it remains FTA, it might be time to bring my Freesat box out of retirement. Bit much when i'm forking out for pay TV.
Old 01-09-2021, 16:38   #1404
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
it might be time to bring my Freesat box out of retirement.
It has actually been removed from the Freesat EPG and will go dark eventually.

It has been dropped totally in Ireland from all providers apparently.
Old 01-09-2021, 17:16   #1405
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
we be lucky to get it this year way it going i given up on it
Old 01-09-2021, 20:48   #1406
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
GUTTED CNN is going
CNN will be back when they find out no one will pay £20 per year!
Old 01-09-2021, 21:25   #1407
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
CNN will be back when they find out no one will pay £20 per year!
VPN is your friend
Old 02-09-2021, 00:10   #1408
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
It has actually been removed from the Freesat EPG and will go dark eventually.

It has been dropped totally in Ireland from all providers apparently.
Yeah, but it's the only HD satellite box that i've got so, if it remains FTA, I can tune it in in non Freesat mode
Old 02-09-2021, 00:22   #1409
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah, but it's the only HD satellite box that i've got so, if it remains FTA, I can tune it in in non Freesat mode
For now……
Old 02-09-2021, 01:55   #1410
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
For now……
Yeah, i'd have to get my dish & cabling sorted out, so i'm going to see if it encrypts in the next month or so before I go to the expense of doing this.

Curiously, it was supposed to have left BT yesterday, but I've seen reports that it's still on their EPG!
Closed Thread