Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2021, 22:58   #1186
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
With Sky Showcase launching on September 1st what is a point keeping Sky Sports Mix on air as Sky Showcase will broadcast Sport and Movies.
Sky 1 showcases sport and new movies occasionally, it doing so didn't stop Sky Sports Mix existing.

And Sky Sports Mix is viewed as a home for Women's Sports, also tending to show things that aren't on the other Sky Sports channels, get chopped up and not shown uninterrupted, and things that get relegated behind their Red Button streams. It's not without purpose.

There's no indication that Sky Showcase is going to show any more sport or movies than Sky 1 currently does.
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2021, 08:49   #1187
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
As for Virgin Radio UK. Will Virgin ever add more radio stations? The new packages don't list radio stations and rely on the Radioline app.
Famous last words? I've been told that Greatest Hits Radio may be coming soon to a Tivo near you.
Old 17-08-2021, 10:00   #1188
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Famous last words? I've been told that Greatest Hits Radio may be coming soon to a Tivo near you.
On Freeview, Greatest Hits Radio replaced another radio station owned by the same company (in this case Heat), so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again, rather than increase costs.

Having said that, I don't see any obvious candidates among the Bauer lineup presently on VM.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Absolute 80s is maybe the one they'd swap it for, now I've had a longer think.

I wouldn't put it past VM if they've put a block on new radio streams launching and will only maintain the existing ones since Radioline is available on V6 and TV360, and Original VM Tivo, which needs these streams, will be becoming an increasingly smaller part of their TV offering.

I wonder what proportion that old box is of those boxes out there? We'll likely never know. The old box's only advantages now are (to my recollection) its dedicated internet connection, for those that don't take VM broadband, and the SCART output for those with older TVs.
Old 17-08-2021, 11:39   #1189
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
On Freeview, Greatest Hits Radio replaced another radio station owned by the same company (in this case Heat), so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again, rather than increase costs.

Having said that, I don't see any obvious candidates among the Bauer lineup presently on VM.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Absolute 80s is maybe the one they'd swap it for, now I've had a longer think.

I wouldn't put it past VM if they've put a block on new radio streams launching and will only maintain the existing ones since Radioline is available on V6 and TV360, and Original VM Tivo, which needs these streams, will be becoming an increasingly smaller part of their TV offering.

I wonder what proportion that old box is of those boxes out there? We'll likely never know. The old box's only advantages now are (to my recollection) its dedicated internet connection, for those that don't take VM broadband, and the SCART output for those with older TVs.
We may get the following radio channels as well.

=== Own by Bauer Radio Ltd ====
Absolute 90s
Greatest Hits Radio
Hits Radio
Scala Radio
Jazz FM

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

TiVo still have listings for Sky Replay on September 1st.

Sky One (Sky Showcase) will broadcast A League of Their Own at 9am, 10am and 5pm on September 1st.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 17-08-2021, 12:00   #1190
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

I think that's Sky Max listings , if there is no Simpsons , Fresh Prince of Bel Air or Will & Grace which are on Sky Showcase then it's Sky Max listings.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 17-08-2021 at 12:59.
Old 17-08-2021, 12:02   #1191
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
I think that's Sky Max listings , if there is no Simpsons then it's Sky Max listings.
New Amsterdam is being shown on channel 160 on September 1st at midnight.

Full listing for Channel 160 will start appear on the EPG from 8am tomorrow.

(Shows you want to tape appeared today)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 17-08-2021, 12:04   #1192
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

That's still Sky Replay then.
Old 17-08-2021, 13:16   #1193
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We may get the following radio channels as well.

=== Own by Bauer Radio Ltd ====
Absolute 90s
Greatest Hits Radio
Hits Radio
Scala Radio
Jazz FM
They weren't mentioned.
Old 17-08-2021, 13:47   #1194
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
They weren't mentioned.
MB may just be listing the other major national branded stations Bauer has in case they add a few at once.
Old 17-08-2021, 17:32   #1195
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
MB may just be listing the other major national branded stations Bauer has in case they add a few at once.
Right but expecting Bauer to have a uniform policy for the regional and the 1 Golden Square brands is probably too optimistic.
Old 17-08-2021, 18:15   #1196
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Right but expecting Bauer to have a uniform policy for the regional and the 1 Golden Square brands is probably too optimistic.
What's regional about any of those he mentioned? They are all on National DAB multiplexes.
Old 17-08-2021, 18:35   #1197
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
What's regional about any of those he mentioned? They are all on National DAB multiplexes.
GHR isn't, it is the old Bauer City 2 network. Now part of the Hits Radio Brand, which also includes the Hits Radio network. GHR may seem like a national brand as Bauer has bought out most of the remaining independent commercial stations and replaced them with GHR. The national brands operate from One Golden Square with a different management team.
Old 17-08-2021, 18:54   #1198
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
GHR isn't, it is the old Bauer City 2 network. Now part of the Hits Radio Brand, which also includes the Hits Radio network. GHR may seem like a national brand as Bauer has bought out most of the remaining independent commercial stations and replaced them with GHR. The national brands operate from One Golden Square with a different management team.
I worry about my memory sometimes. Oops. Thanks.
Old 18-08-2021, 21:31   #1199
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

This s basically public knowledge as of 9pm tonight, but this looks like it'll be the SKYShowcase logo and ident.
Why ot says SKYShowtime? I have no idea.
Actually scrap that, it's for a new streaming service not SKYshowcase, been a long day at work and brain is frazzled lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (72.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 18-08-2021, 23:09   #1200
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
This s basically public knowledge as of 9pm tonight, but this looks like it'll be the SKYShowcase logo and ident.
Why ot says SKYShowtime? I have no idea.
Actually scrap that, it's for a new streaming service not SKYshowcase, been a long day at work and brain is frazzled lol.
Yes it's this: https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/comcast-vi...h-sky-showtime
https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...ropean-markets

Last edited by epsilon; 18-08-2021 at 23:12.
Closed Thread