Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2021, 05:22   #781
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

It may be the version added to 'Vision' last month.

That is a mix of 'The Jewellery Channel' and old music video slots.

Local areas opt-out of that for just 10 minutes a day at 6pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
At first it was thought that it would be showing retro music, but if that was the case it would be in the music section on Sky, as opposed to entertainment.

I'm wondering if it will show archive programming like Forces TV & Talking Pictures.
Advertisement
Old 23-06-2021, 05:50   #782
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I did think it could be that, but I don't think that if it was this it would qualify for a Sky Entertainment EPG slot. It would probably go into the music or shopping genre.

---------- Post added at 05:50 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Just catching up and have only just seen that Fox is closing in a few days. We have a season of NCIS and of NCIS New Orleans recorded. Are we going to lose access to those recordings when Fox closes?

Going back a long way (maybe early Tivo days) I remember losing recordings when channels moved to a different number, so I’ve only just realised we may lose these. I don’t think there’s any way we can watch before it closes.

If someone could confirm though, I’d appreciate it, one way or the other.

Thanks
From what I remember VM usually give you three months.
Old 23-06-2021, 11:19   #783
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Probably not, as I’m sure none of the That’s network channels are carried on Virgin but they are on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ThatsTVGold

If their existing programme is a guide of quality then I don’t think we will be missing much.
Base on listing (Maybe out of date) posted on Media Boy UK Blog.

Virgin Media UK do carry FOUR of the "That's Network channels" in some areas of England and Wales:

-That's TV East (In Norwich areas only).
-That's TV Cambridge (In Cambridge areas only).
-That's TV South Wales (In Swansea areas only).
-That's TV Humber (In Grimsby areas only).

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/p/...el-lineup.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 23-06-2021 at 11:22.
Old 23-06-2021, 20:23   #784
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Base on listing (Maybe out of date) posted on Media Boy UK Blog.

Virgin Media UK do carry FOUR of the "That's Network channels" in some areas of England and Wales:

-That's TV East (In Norwich areas only).
-That's TV Cambridge (In Cambridge areas only).
-That's TV South Wales (In Swansea areas only).
-That's TV Humber (In Grimsby areas only).

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/p/...el-lineup.html
I believe these 4 only appear as they were franchises that were taken over by ‘That’s’ and they have just continued since.
Old 23-06-2021, 20:52   #785
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
I did think it could be that, but I don't think that if it was this it would qualify for a Sky Entertainment EPG slot. It would probably go into the music or shopping genre.

---------- Post added at 05:50 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

From what I remember VM usually give you three months.
Thanks. Hubby and I better get watching then
Old 23-06-2021, 21:30   #786
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Thanks. Hubby and I better get watching then
Yeah, I've been caught out by this too

Apparently, the STB can't play back recordings for a channel that's no longer listed. What they do as a workaround is to keep it listed (but off the public facing EPG) for a time to give people chance to watch any outstanding recordings.
Old 25-06-2021, 18:10   #787
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Another one bites the dust as Broadcast is reporting that Disney will close the FOX linear channel in the UK and programmes will move to Star on Disney Plus

‘On 30 June the Fox channel in the UK will close. Many titles will become available on Star on Disney+ and will be announced in the near future. We appreciate the support of our UK fans and can’t wait to keep sharing the best stories with you.’

This leaves the Nat Geo channels the last Disney owned/operated linear channels in the UK
Also Baby TV.
Old 25-06-2021, 18:26   #788
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Also Baby TV.
Should babies be worried? Maybe they should organise a march?
Old 25-06-2021, 18:28   #789
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Also Baby TV.
I saw Sky promoting Baby TV on social media the other week. Strange to promote something that's likely on the way out.
Old 25-06-2021, 18:41   #790
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I saw Sky promoting Baby TV on social media the other week. Strange to promote something that's likely on the way out.
I have seen nothing on Baby TV closing but I was only posting that after July 1st only Nat Geo channels and Baby TV will be the last Disney owned/operated linear channels in the UK.
Old 26-06-2021, 20:28   #791
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I don't think it's on Disney +. I wonder if Disney might sell the channel on? I believe it's a stand-alone London-based business that expanded globally under Fox's ownership.
Old 27-06-2021, 09:10   #792
carravetta
cf.member

Services: Sky Q 2TB, Sky Q Multiroom, Broadband and Phone
carravetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Sky News Weather HD is currently testing on Sky
Old 27-06-2021, 09:50   #793
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carravetta View Post
Sky News Weather HD is currently testing on Sky
Interesting. There was The Weather Channel back in the 90's, but it was closed down in the UK.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-06-2021 at 11:08.
Old 27-06-2021, 10:12   #794
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

In the UK there was a Weather Channel and a Weather Network - both didn't last long.

Quote:
Interesting. Their was The Weather Channel back in the 90's, but it was closed down in the UK.
Old 27-06-2021, 10:34   #795
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I remember seeing headlines a few years ago that said the American Weather Channel had started showing movies! So they went from a real forecast to Twister!
Closed Thread