Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2021, 21:01   #1531
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Or maybe move BBC1 HD to channel 101 and scrap the standard definition version. This will be possible when the remaining BBC1 regions go HD in October.

That would leave channel 108 free.
Not in Scotland or Wales. 108 is BBC Scotland and Channel 4 respectively.

113 is empty in Scotland, I have no idea if it's empty in Wales on VM, though if it isn't it's probably the SD version of ITV.

ITVBe+1 moved for BBC Alba on VM in Scotland, so something like that is possible again in the short term.
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2021, 19:40   #1532
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not in Scotland or Wales. 108 is BBC Scotland and Channel 4 respectively.

113 is empty in Scotland, I have no idea if it's empty in Wales on VM, though if it isn't it's probably the SD version of ITV.

ITVBe+1 moved for BBC Alba on VM in Scotland, so something like that is possible again in the short term.
And of cause 101in Wales is already BBC 1 hd
Old 21-09-2021, 19:58   #1533
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
And of cause 101in Wales is already BBC 1 hd
All the Nations are HD already for BBC1 so I deliberately didn't mention it. Only English Regions not.
Old 21-09-2021, 20:53   #1534
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I was only referring to the English region.
Old 21-09-2021, 23:13   #1535
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
All the Nations are HD already for BBC1 so I deliberately didn't mention it. Only English Regions not.
Sorry being stupid does England have a national BBC 1 ? As well as regional channels ?
Old 21-09-2021, 23:32   #1536
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Sorry being stupid does England have a national BBC 1 ? As well as regional channels ?
The national BBC 1 is the HD service with no local opt outs, just a tune to BBC 1 SD notice when the local programs are on.
Old 22-09-2021, 00:57   #1537
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think that's what will happen tbh.
is this why regional news on bbc one HD doesnt occur?

I do like regional variations of channels in SD. Hope they dont go!
Old 22-09-2021, 09:29   #1538
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I don't see why Virgin would carry them both. If / when the English regions go HD, then the SD versions would be dropped.

Customers with 360 boxes wouldn't see them even if they were still there anyway.
Old 22-09-2021, 13:30   #1539
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

TiVo home page has reveal that Virgin Media Showcase - Channel 100.

Is having an Virgin Media Club Re-wind night (Sep. 22nd) from 10pm to midnight.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I don't see why Virgin would carry them both. If / when the English regions go HD, then the SD versions would be dropped.

Customers with 360 boxes wouldn't see them even if they were still there anyway.
Ok then - Why dont Virgin carry BBC Two Wales and BBC Two N. Ireland UK wide after all we get their BBC One Channels UK Wide???
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 22-09-2021, 13:35   #1540
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Because BBC1 is for the whole of the country, the others are for their localities?

(I thought the clue was in their names (Wales & NI)).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 22-09-2021, 13:48   #1541
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Because BBC1 is for the whole of the country, the others are for their localities?

(I thought the clue was in their names (Wales & NI)).
Even $ky carry BBC Two Wales and BBC Two N. Ireland UK wide. But Virgin do not!

Virgin Media carry all UK Wide BBC Radio Channels I am not asking Virgin to carry the BBC English regional variations channels just BBC Two Wales and BBC Two N. Ireland.

Being from Scotland I do like some shows from Wales and N. Ireland.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 22-09-2021 at 13:54.
Old 22-09-2021, 14:35   #1542
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I just use iPlayer in those circumstances, gets me everything from outside Scotland on the BBC that isn't on the EPG if I become aware of something that interests me.

Usually it's sport (e.g.golf or cycling), though there have been local documentaries on occasions.
Old 22-09-2021, 14:56   #1543
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That's just down to the fact they're on the satellite that has UK coverage though isn't it?

Virgin Media's distribution of channels works differently.
Old 22-09-2021, 15:24   #1544
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's just down to the fact they're on the satellite that has UK coverage though isn't it?
Are you telling me Virgin don't

Only two areas Virgin are missing as far as I know is Aberdeen and Border.

We get BBC One Wales and BBC One N. Ireland so why not their "sister" channels?

But Virgin carry BBC Scotland. BBC Alba and S4C UK wide.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 22-09-2021 at 15:31.
Old 22-09-2021, 15:43   #1545
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

VirginMedia carry BBC Two NI in HD in Northern Ireland - Sky do NOT.

Quote:

Virgin Media carry all UK Wide BBC Radio Channels I am not asking Virgin to carry the BBC English regional variations channels just BBC Two Wales and BBC Two N. Ireland.

Closed Thread