Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old Yesterday, 22:46   #376
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Such a shoddy application of the “free market” is a race to the bottom for everyone. You can repeat your flawed logic all you please. It makes it no more correct or palatable that there are unscrupulous companies operating in the market for essential services or utilities.

I don’t need my hand held as I rinse retentions year upon year.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Today, 13:12   #377
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Such a shoddy application of the “free market” is a race to the bottom for everyone. You can repeat your flawed logic all you please. It makes it no more correct or palatable that there are unscrupulous companies operating in the market for essential services or utilities.

I don’t need my hand held as I rinse retentions year upon year.
Since when is a TV delivery system essential or for that matter a utility its a company offering a service which NO one has or needs to use. I repeat if you don't like it walk away as you can with most( water is one that should be scrapped but that's another story ) services not clear do you even have anything via virgin?
Old Today, 15:16   #378
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Since when is a TV delivery system essential or for that matter a utility its a company offering a service which NO one has or needs to use. I repeat if you don't like it walk away as you can with most( water is one that should be scrapped but that's another story ) services not clear do you even have anything via virgin?
If that TV delivery system also delivers broadband and telephony services that’s absolutely an essential service.

At the moment at my home address no, however I’ve managed my parents’ account for them for decades with virgin and predecessor operators.

Whether people can walk away - it’s equally debatable to be honest whether going from gigabit broadband to a shoddy copper connection if there’s no fibre constitutes an equivalent product - is absolutely, utterly, irrelevant.

Keep repeating yourself, keep being wrong. No skin off my nose.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:12   #379
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
If that TV delivery system also delivers broadband and telephony services that’s absolutely an essential service.

At the moment at my home address no, however I’ve managed my parents’ account for them for decades with virgin and predecessor operators.

Whether people can walk away - it’s equally debatable to be honest whether going from gigabit broadband to a shoddy copper connection if there’s no fibre constitutes an equivalent product - is absolutely, utterly, irrelevant.

Keep repeating yourself, keep being wrong. No skin off my nose.
So they run a service that no one can match. Yet they are racing to the bottom
Old Today, 17:18   #380
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
So they run a service that no one can match. Yet they are racing to the bottom
You can be both rubbish in some respects and an effective monopoly in some geographic areas. See water companies, train operators, half the energy companies who went bust.

Old Today, 18:49   #381
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
You can be both rubbish in some respects and an effective monopoly in some geographic areas. See water companies, train operators, half the energy companies who went bust.

Cheap energy companies going bust , surprise, surprise. Virgin are not a monopoly in any part of the country. They may or not offer the fastest service In an area, but that is not monopoly its a choice . Unlike water, trains you can get a bus use car etc . Having said that I have never used a train in my life , my choice , Not arguing about how good or bad they are, it's up to you if don't like it LEAVE .
Old Today, 19:55   #382
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Cheap energy companies going bust , surprise, surprise. Virgin are not a monopoly in any part of the country. They may or not offer the fastest service In an area, but that is not monopoly its a choice . Unlike water, trains you can get a bus use car etc . Having said that I have never used a train in my life , my choice , Not arguing about how good or bad they are, it's up to you if don't like it LEAVE .
There’s a reason I used the term an effective monopoly rather than “a monopoly”. If you’d rather not have good services and prefer not to use trains that’s up to you.

Everyone else can want better standards and more effective regulators.