Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I love my cube

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I love my cube

Old 04-01-2004, 23:36   #1
paulinnherts
Inactive

Services: whole sky package...
paulinnherts is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to paulinnherts
Talking I love my cube

Just wanted to say as nothing been posted for a while,how much i enjoy my cube and being a older cubey lover.Enjoying my burnouts who else is enjoying theres dont be shy come out and rejoice stuff the rest.
paulinnherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2004, 08:41   #2
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi
Re: I love my cube

Good one Man!! Keep enjoying the games :-) I am surely enjoying mine heheh.... How long have you had your cube ?
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 14:38   #3
invalid_session
Inactive

invalid_session is an unknown quantity at this point

Aye, I enjoy a lot of the games on the 'cube. There is certainly a much greater level of competition involved with some of the games, like 1080 Avalanche or Mario Kart from the online community. Scoreboards are rife!

If you're into your driving games though, I thoroughly recommend you hunt down the official force feedback wheel and hook it up to Burnout 2. The game gets about 10 times better through the wonder of force feedback! Not only that, grab F-Zero GX too and it is like having the arcade machine in your home, using the FF wheel.

My poor little cube hasn't been off very much of late as I took delivery of R: Racing Evolution quite recently (well, about a month ago), which is another stunning title available on all the systems. I picked up the cube version because of the Pacman Vs. game that comes as a bonus -- such a funky little freebie which drips with pure multiplayer goodness, given a GBA and link cable and a few willing friends/family.

It doesn't get much better than this
invalid_session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 17:24   #4
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

I have to say the cube is my fave of the current systems. At the mo 1080 is taking up my time in my gc, oh and PSO
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 20:38   #5
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era

What the framerate like on Racing Evolution ?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:52   #6
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

when i saw the thread title i thought ' love my cube'

do you mean you like your console ?

or like the 'lego' like plastic and shape that is wrapped around the electronics :p
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:28   #7
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas

or like the 'lego' like plastic and shape that is wrapped around the electronics :p
I just love the shell - it's a nice shell

Seriously tho - the first time I saw a ps2 I thought much the same thing - the front of it reminded me of technical lego.

Can't say I really 'love' my machines. And I can't say I really like ANY console design. (appearance wise I mean).

Nah - I think I'll just stick to liking my pc and all it's neons - light up fans etc... - shame it makes it sound like a helicopter.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 14:32   #8
invalid_session
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
What the framerate like on Racing Evolution ?
60fps all the way, on all the systems. Force feedback is a must though, so the PS2 version (making of DVD, IIRC) or Gamecube (Pacman Vs.!) version only need apply

It's a little beauty of a game, although some graphics look a little ropey here and there -- I think that's just the multi-format blues though, not any specific console problem. The lighting is fantastic, with some really nice effects, like the brightness as one exits a tunnel. Beautiful skies, decent techno soundtrack and some really clever racing dynamics (smart AI, pressure gauge) make it a nice title for the race fans.

There is also a decent amount to the game too, with about 50% of the game (on hard :p ) being made up of Racing Life (a poor story about some nice looking Ridge Racer-esque bird trying to make it on the track) and the rest in arcade and event omnibus. The later involves all kinds of different tests, such as license-style racing, one-on-one challenges, etc... which all earn reward points to spend on simple (not Gran Turismo kind of depth) upgrades for the cars, or to buy a couple of stock efforts.

Good game, and you also get one of the best multiplayer games ever as a freebie
Old 07-01-2004, 17:29   #9
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas

Stolen from another thread:
http://www.applefritter.com/compubr...k160/index.html
http://www.applefritter.com/compubr...ckse/index.html
http://www.applefritter.com/compubr...6100/index.html
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 17:36   #10
ic14
Permanently Banned

think you meant:
http://www.applefritter.com/compubri...160/index.html
http://www.applefritter.com/compubri...kse/index.html
http://www.applefritter.com/compubri...100/index.html
Old 07-01-2004, 18:25   #11
TigaSefi
Inactive

I might wait for GT Cube, meant to be really good despite being cell shaded.
Old 07-01-2004, 18:52   #12
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Cheers IC14 - It was your post originally I believe...
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 18:56   #13
ic14
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Cheers IC14 - It was your post originally I believe...
Yep it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
I might wait for GT Cube, meant to be really good despite being cell shaded.
Also meant to be online
Old 07-01-2004, 20:40   #14
invalid_session
Inactive

Oh God no, don't get GT Cube -- it's teh suck!!1!!

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...gc&game=GTCube

...see?! :p
Old 07-01-2004, 20:41   #15
invalid_session
Inactive

Review for R:RE: http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...ame=RRacingEvo