Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Wii] Resident Evil 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Wii] Resident Evil 4

Old 18-04-2007, 19:31   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
[Wii] Resident Evil 4

Capcom are bringing the acclaimed Resident Evil 4 - the best game in the series - to the Wii

Due out here 29th June.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....80407_res.html
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2007, 19:33   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Wii] Resident Evil 4

Wish they would add a game mode or two on top of the PS2 version. Increase the graphics as well. Not sure if I want to buy it again. I guess I will
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 19:39   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I think it's meant to have improved graphics.

Will also be optimised for the Wii controls.

Should be good!

Need something to play on the Wii while waiting for Mario.......
Old 18-04-2007, 19:56   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Ohh upgraded graphics make its worthy then
Old 18-04-2007, 20:34   #5
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Never played this series, any good ?
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 20:50   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

The latest one, Res Evil 4, is one of the best games ever made. Easily.
Old 18-04-2007, 21:01   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueheroes View Post
Never played this series, any good ?

Very.

RE4 is easily the best.

The previous ones were good, but I always found the controls & camera rather annoying.

RE4 was a big improvement, & also a bit different.

I was tempted to hunt for the GameCube version to play on my Wii, but seeing as the Wii's getting its own updated version in a couple of months I'm gonna wait for that instead.
Old 19-04-2007, 08:23   #8
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Agreed.
Resident Evil games are briliant. Good game and unpredictable at times which makes it quite exciting to play since you don't know what's coming at you.

I hear there is a new one coming to the Wii some time soon too.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 11:16   #9
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is the new one for the Wii. (stupid name, but all the previews have said it's gonna be another classic)

The Res Evil series is fantastic - as is the Metroid Prime series.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 11:02   #10
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

From what i've read...

RE4: Will edtion = Same as the GC version but with Wii controls, plus the addons from the PS2 version (few new weapons etc).

RE: Umbrella Cronicles = 'on a rail' type gameplay... sorta like House of the Dead... the videos that ive seen from gametrailers look AWFUL... in terms of controls, animation and graphics!

The 'true' next gen RE game should be RE5 which is in development now (i think!)... coming out on 360 etc

I dunno if i'd bother getting RE4:Wii edition really... unless the reviews were really good and they include lots of extras... i've played RE4 to death on my gamecube :P
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 17:01   #11
Gareth
cf.mega poster

[Wii] Resident Evil 4

Released today and the reviews are all saying it's very good - anyone gonna get it? I was kinda in 2 minds, but think I'll probably pick it up eventually.

Was reading the comments from the people over at OCUK who have been playing this today and they all love it too... considering nearly all of 'em have other nextgen consoles, that's a good sign, imo. Seems the Wiimote does offer something special to this game after all
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 17:20   #12
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I really really dont know. I have the PS2 version and I have completed this, twice, and the side games but it is a amazing game and it would be cool to have it on a newer console (and with the controls). On the other hand I could use the cash to pay for Forza instead
Old 29-06-2007, 18:24   #13
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I hope its better than Red Steel.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 18:30   #14
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

It should be, easily. The game is excellent on the Gamecube and on the PS2.
Old 29-06-2007, 19:36   #15
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
I hope its better than Red Steel.
Most places seem to think so...

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/853.../articles.html

Code:
Original Rating - the rating the source gave this game as originally published on their site and/or publication.  	Adjusted Rating - the rating the source gave this game, adjusted for the GameStats rating scale. (0.0 to 10.0).  	
  	GameCritics.com 06/28/07 	9 /10 	9.0 	 
  	Worth Playing 	06/28/07 	9 /10 	9.0 	 
  	Wii Advanced 	06/26/07 	9 /10 	9.0 	 
  	VicioJuegos     06/25/07 	91 /100 9.1 	 
  	GameDaily 	06/22/07 	4.5 /5 	9.0 	 
  	GameTrailers 	06/22/07 	9.1 /10 9.1 	 
  	GamePro 	06/20/07 	4.75 /5 9.5 	 
  	Game Almighty 	06/20/07 	8 /10 	8.0 	 
  	IGN.com 	06/19/07 	9.0 /10 9.0 	 
  	GameSpot 	06/19/07 	9.1 /10 9.1 	 
  	1UP.com 	06/19/07 	8 /10 	8.0 	 
  	GameSpy.com 	06/18/07 	5 /5 10.0