Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin G Router and VM Problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin G Router and VM Problems

Old 30-07-2007, 21:31   #1
Zeke
Inactive

Zeke is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Belkin G Router and VM Problems

I did do a search for anything that could help me out. Just wanted to point that out first.

I have a Belkin G Router Ver4 now both me and my dad are using our laptops online via wireless net. The Problem is the router keeps shutting down and our connection is lost. The modem is plugged directely into the router and from the router into the main home computer.

I believe that Virgin Media uses a static ip address. But when I switched using the Belkin router config page via othe router IP. I changed it from Dynamic to Static but still had problems. At one point I had no connection on the main computer till I put the settings back.

Every time either both or just one of us is online the net goes down. Most oftenly when one laptop and someone else is on the main computer.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thankies

Zeke
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2007, 21:44   #2
homealone

Re: Belkin G Router and VM Problems

I'm not savvy about wireless stuff, but I do know Virgin Media is a dynamic address - you need to set the router to be the DHCP server & obtain the IP automatically - have you tried to get it set up 'wired' to start off with ???
Old 30-07-2007, 21:52   #3
Zeke
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post

I'm not savvy about wireless stuff, but I do know Virgin Media is a dynamic address - you need to set the router to be the DHCP server & obtain the IP automatically - have you tried to get it set up 'wired' to start off with ???
It untill I setup the router was always wired. My dad has limited computer knowledge. And it was me that need it setup due to the fact that he had a 02 gprs card lol

It's set up in Dynamic mode.

Could t be down the amount of data being sent a recieved through the router? I read something about Gamers having issues to due to the constant refeshing of whatever they are playing to keep it as live online as possible?
Old 30-07-2007, 22:07   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
It untill I setup the router was always wired. My dad has limited computer knowledge. And it was me that need it setup due to the fact that he had a 02 gprs card lol

It's set up in Dynamic mode.

Could t be down the amount of data being sent a recieved through the router? I read something about Gamers having issues to due to the constant refeshing of whatever they are playing to keep it as live online as possible?
I'm not a gamer, either, sorry, - I hope some-one else can help
Old 30-07-2007, 22:16   #5
Zeke
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
I'm not a gamer, either, sorry, - I hope some-one else can help
Thank you anyways
Old 30-07-2007, 22:34   #6