Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl BB and wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl BB and wireless router

Old 13-10-2006, 19:43   #16
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age
Re: ntl BB and wireless router

thank you all for your help, mucho appreciated i think im going to take it to pc world and let them have the headwork
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2006, 19:53   #17
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
Think was answered in Post 5
Ah hokay thanks Marge I didn't spot that
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:16   #18
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
is it possible to take my laptop and router to a pc shop and they can get it all up and running so i can just bring it home and plug in?
madness, PCworld........

and NO , that would only get you as far as you have already got with our help,as Zeph said, the WAN is the thing for getting the actual ntl net part working, were as iv until now concentrated on the lan part, now ping something.

i tell you its something really basic, you just need to keep at it and it will click eventually.

i notice you still didnt post the ipconfig /all info, an im not reading this from an ntl script, i ask for a reason, so post it, remember we dont need your ntl given ip so dont post that, but you need to know its got a valid one, working at ntl you have the advantage as you can see what your CM is doing from the ntl wan side and match that against the one you see in your router.

the fact is you seem to be saying you can now get the laptop connected to the w-router,yes, well as i already said, you now need to plug the main machine into the router eather by rj45 or a wireless card in that machine as well, then do a ping of the other machine, that proves that the router is working for the lan bit then its a case of seeing if the wired bit is able to ping www.ntlworld.com and hence prove that the WAN part is also working yes?.

PCworld

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Ah hokay thanks Marge I didn't spot that
Quote:
lost said:i cant even get it to connect to the router via a cable, i get the message, limited or no connectivity.
iv re-read it over and over and all i see is mention of a cable , i assume thats the rj45 connecting his main machine to the router, but he didnt say if infact it was using the WAN port, the one on the far left as you look at the back as the quick guide showed i think it was?.

and if he is plugging the main machine into that one , its wrong , the WAN is for connecting the ntl250 to the router, not the computer....

this is right
ntl250<>WAN-router-rj45-1through4?-&/ORwirelessInterface<>wirelessPC1/pc2
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 20:28   #19
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
<snip>
at the moment im using the linksys as it does look easier to use, the power, wireless B and internet lights are all on, when trying to get it to work the sacm is plugged into the internet port at the back not the numbered ones.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 21:07   #20
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

You don't still have the USB cable plugged into the modem too do you?
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 21:25   #21
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

thanks cobbydaler, thats what i get for having 64 pages open, a mad house at the moment and
Old 15-10-2006, 00:00   #22
popper
Inactive

so did PCWorld sort it out for you Lost?......
Old 15-10-2006, 02:50   #23
lostandconfused
Inactive

lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

hello all,
i didnt post the ipconfig stuff as i didnt know what it was!
havent had a chance to go down pc world yet have worked 18 hours today may do it in the week sometime,
its just really frustrating when you know that someone who knew what they were doing could do it in 5 minutes and i wasted a whole day getting P***d off with it. lol
im still hopeing one day i may plug it in and it'l work ok, wishfull thinking
Old 15-10-2006, 13:37   #24
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

What's the problem, what can't you figure out?
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 13:49   #25
lostandconfused
Inactive

why it will connect to a wireless network but wont connect to the internet when the router is plugged in to the sacm