Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2023, 00:02   #496
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I remember reading allegations that this actually happened the first time they owned the cable system in the ROI

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

If this happens I can see this attracting a subscription charge.

It's basically Freeview, so people would be better of using Freeview itself ot Freesat and using Now TV for the pay channels.

Could be useful for those who cannot receive Freeview or Freesat to consider the Sky or Virgin streaming offerings though.

I am currently aware of yet another Virgin mess that they've made with a stream installation. The guy paid for the box, they tried to charge him extra for postage (which was hithero not mentioned, so he refused to pay it). He is now in a situation where Virgin are refusing to activate the box.

Can anyone with any ISP get a Sky Stream box and is there an upfront and ongoing charge?
Not really.

Virgin Media Stream offers 28 HD channels as standard. That's vastly superior to Freeview or Freesat.

With the Essential Entertainment package you get another 25 channels in HD. That's way more than on NOW.

It's a very compelling product.
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2023, 02:06   #497
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I remember reading allegations that this actually happened the first time they owned the cable system in the ROI

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

If this happens I can see this attracting a subscription charge.

It's basically Freeview, so people would be better of using Freeview itself ot Freesat and using Now TV for the pay channels.

Could be useful for those who cannot receive Freeview or Freesat to consider the Sky or Virgin streaming offerings though.

I am currently aware of yet another Virgin mess that they've made with a stream installation. The guy paid for the box, they tried to charge him extra for postage (which was hithero not mentioned, so he refused to pay it). He is now in a situation where Virgin are refusing to activate the box.

Can anyone with any ISP get a Sky Stream box and is there an upfront and ongoing charge?
I have skystream and i'm with giganet there was no upfront fee for me and at the time my first month was free, now i pay £30p/m for entertainment which includes Netflix and Discovery+, Sky cinema which includes paramount+ and ad skipping.
Old 21-04-2023, 14:56   #498
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
*Media Boy UK Sources says Virgin Media UK are PLANNING to make Virgin Media stream available to anyone with a internet connection regardless of their ISP in the 4th quarter of this year, key word here planning.
ffs is that the "hot" news?
Old 21-04-2023, 15:23   #499
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I have skystream and i'm with giganet there was no upfront fee for me and at the time my first month was free, now i pay £30p/m for entertainment which includes Netflix and Discovery+, Sky cinema which includes paramount+ and ad skipping.
Thanks, that sounds like a good deal.
Old 21-04-2023, 15:41   #500
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
*Media Boy UK Sources says Virgin Media UK are PLANNING to make Virgin Media stream available to anyone with a internet connection regardless of their ISP in the 4th quarter of this year, key word here planning.
What about the HOT news you were telling us about?
Old 21-04-2023, 15:44   #501
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
There is a certain hurdle in the way of this happening at present relating to their current structure. I can't say anymore than that at the moment.
Old 21-04-2023, 18:14   #502
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
There is a certain hurdle in the way of this happening at present relating to their current structure. I can't say anymore than that at the moment.
Old 21-04-2023, 18:24   #503
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
What about the HOT news you were telling us about?
Still waiting on information on the 2nd part of the news I saw on Wednesday - I was given the name but no other info.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-04-2023, 18:49   #504
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Still waiting on information on the 2nd part of the news I saw on Wednesday - I was given the name but no other info.
Past experience tells me That I won't need a fire hose 😞
Old 22-04-2023, 00:09   #505
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I imagine it's content licensing. I can see the logic in Comsat not moving too quickly on this in order to give Sky's offering less competition.
Old 22-04-2023, 11:18   #506
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I imagine it's content licensing. I can see the logic in Comsat not moving too quickly on this in order to give Sky's offering less competition.
It is “Red tape” (ie. non technical issue), but it is regulatory in nature, not content related.
Old 25-04-2023, 20:11   #507
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Just noted last night on my TV.

But as of February 2023, Gems TV (Virgin Channel 755) has cut it broadcasting hours:

Was - Live 24 hours a day.

Now - Only Live between the hours of 07:00-23:00.

Information on hours is from Gems TV's Wiki page.
Old 26-04-2023, 18:52   #508
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Just noted last night on my TV.

But as of February 2023, Gems TV (Virgin Channel 755) has cut it broadcasting hours:

Was - Live 24 hours a day.

Now - Only Live between the hours of 07:00-23:00.

Information on hours is from Gems TV's Wiki page.
You really look at what this channel is doing
Old 28-04-2023, 06:16   #509
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

2 versions of Sky News UHD have been added overnight (to the SDT). Hidden from the EPG and testing on Virgin's internal networks. Provisionally allocated channel numbers 136 and 607 and subscription packs M / Player / Mixit and above. Presumably for coverage of the Coronation.
Old 28-04-2023, 10:34   #510
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

As first reported on April 13th

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/burley-lum...ation-special/