Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | O2 Mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

O2 Mobile

Old 20-12-2021, 19:05   #1
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
O2 Mobile

Forced to move from Virgin Mobile when I was transferred to a Volt package and I’m getting sub 1mbps download speeds on my iPhone at home. With Virgin I had speeds of 40mbps. Anyone else seen this?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2021, 02:04   #2
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: O2 Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Forced to move from Virgin Mobile when I was transferred to a Volt package and I’m getting sub 1mbps download speeds on my iPhone at home. With Virgin I had speeds of 40mbps. Anyone else seen this?
wow. were you out of contract with virgin mobile and so they switched you to o2 when you tried to renew?

o2 in my area had no 5G so i switched to virgin mobile and i'm sort of getting 5G speeds now. its just now very annoying that you cant get loyalty discounts for having virgin media and virgin mobile....but you can for having virgin media and o2!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 13:50   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

About 4 months ago I got a message from O2 saying I've been upgraded to 5G for free, ATM I can only get 5G in the town centre.

There is a plan for a new phone mast, and hopefully the tin foil hat nutters haven't stopped this
Old 12-01-2022, 13:21   #4
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
wow. were you out of contract with virgin mobile and so they switched you to o2 when you tried to renew?
Yes. I was told it was a 'like for like' service but it's unusable for data.

There's also no 5G from O2 in my area and no plans to introduce it. I'm not in the middle of nowhere - I'm in Greenwich, SE10, just six miles from the centre of London.

Very unhappy customer. I'm not getting the promised 1Gb broadband with the SuperHub 4 either, but don't start me on that. I'm wasting far too much time on the phone getting nowhere with O2 and Virgin when I should be working, but I can't work in my office thanks to the lack of O2 signal...

Last edited by nialli; 12-01-2022 at 13:29.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 18:01   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

With Tesco (O2) looking at virgin / O2 offers still dearer than using Tesco and virgin . Makes little sense ,guess Tesco did get a good deal
Old 13-01-2022, 11:46   #6
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I got a deal the other day via MoneySupermarket

20gb unlimited calls and texts 12 months for £10 a month

With volt the data can be doubled as well as your Virgin broadband being upgraded to next tier.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 18:51   #7
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I got a deal the other day via MoneySupermarket

20gb unlimited calls and texts 12 months for £10 a month

With volt the data can be doubled as well as your Virgin broadband being upgraded to next tier.
£8.40 a month for 18 months but "only"10 gb but don't use anything like that
Old 13-01-2022, 19:41   #8
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
£8.40 a month for 18 months but "only"10 gb but don't use anything like that
As long as it suits well done
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 20:15   #9
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
As long as it suits well done
Thanks but it was the listed price at the time . Got £40 cash back hence the low price . Doubt I will manage it again but will certainly look