Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinkbroadband graphs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Thinkbroadband graphs

Old 29-08-2022, 21:16   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Thinkbroadband graphs

Our connection has been flaky in the afternoons and evenings recently.

Today:

Yesterday:

Friday:

I just tried a speedtest, result attached

Last edited by Taf; 29-08-2022 at 21:19.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2022, 14:01   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Thinkbroadband graphs

Did anyone else see a large bump on their graph around 7pm Monday evening?
Old 18-10-2022, 14:48   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Monday 7th Oct

Today, 8th Oct

But 14th Oct was the worst recently

Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2023, 12:50   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Does anyone else see a spike on their graphs bang on every 8hrs? I can't think what is causing it if it is a specific device on my network and it's been happening for months. The only devices on my network that maybe doing something are Firesticks, PS5 or Samsung Tablet and Phone unless the Hub5 is causing it.

Attached Images
File Type: png 42cafcfb8252eaaf6406904d9b31507e6eecda4c-15-01-2023.png (86.0 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by SnoopZ; 15-01-2023 at 12:53.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2023, 13:34   #5
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think a TiVo/V6 calling back can cause similar but these seem to exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Does anyone else see a spike on their graphs bang on every 8hrs? I can't think what is causing it if it is a specific device on my network and it's been happening for months. The only devices on my network that maybe doing something are Firesticks, PS5 or Samsung Tablet and Phone unless the Hub5 is causing it.

ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2023, 19:04   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Are they exactly on the hour? Try rebooting your hub at an odd time, and see if that moves the pattern.

TiVo/V6 callbacks average every 6 hours, but are randomised to spread the load on the servers.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2023, 19:44   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Always bang on the hour and usually every 8hrs but once in a while it skips it, this has been happening for months so the Hub5 has been rebooted plenty of times.

The pattern is always 8am, 4pm, 12am.

I was away at Christmas and it still did it, so it has to be the Hub5, V6, Playstation 5 or Firesticks as these are the only devices connected and the PC is off.

It's not a problem I was just wondering if everyone else was getting it too.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Just unplugged the V6 to see what happens at midnight.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 15-01-2023 at 19:30.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2023, 09:04   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

It's not the V6 doing it so will try the Firesticks after work.
Old 16-01-2023, 17:32   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
It's not the V6 doing it so will try the Firesticks after work.
Mystery solved it's my Firesticks doing it, I just hope it's not a dodgy app I've installed that I use to get TV and movies.
Old 16-01-2023, 18:05   #10
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Mystery solved it's my Firesticks doing it, I just hope it's not a dodgy app I've installed that I use to get TV and movies.
You don't mean that app called "Completely illegal Pirated media - free for life with a credit card (shhh dont tell anyone)" Is causing you problems ?????

Damn it..... I love that app
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2023, 18:16   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartbe View Post
You don't mean that app called "Completely illegal Pirated media - free for life with a credit card (shhh dont tell anyone)" Is causing you problems ?????

Damn it..... I love that app
No credit card needed here with the replacement app for CinemaHD.