Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 29-06-2022, 14:27   #466
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Are you sure those are both in COM6? There aren't meant to be more free streams untik tomorrow's changes. Whereas COM4 could accommodate one of them.
UK Terrestrial TV on Twitter has confirmed that both Quest Red+1 and That's TV (UK) has been added to COM6.

Quest Red +1 - https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1542087913470672897

That's TV UK - https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1542087904725532672

Yesterday I did work out that a following will happen tomorrow.

30th. CBS Drama > RealityXtra
30th. Ideal Extra old slot > RealityXtra

30th. CBS Drama old slot > That's TV (UK)
30th. That's TV Music > Classic Hits
30th. CBS Justice old slot > Classic Hits as channel 91

Due to That's TV UK moving to COM6 today (not yet broadcasting) I think that safe to say that Classic Hits moving to COM6 using CBS Justice slot.

With CBS Drama under it new name is set to move to Local Mux tomorrow.

When watching todays PMQs I work out that COM4 (Craft Extra old slot) will still be up for grabs after tomorrow.

All information may change.

14:37 UPDATE.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 29-06-2022 at 15:38. Reason: Posting latest info I know of
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2022, 15:15   #467
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Yeah, I was still catching up when I posted that. :-)

Looks like Quest Red +1 is using the RT slot (i.e. the only currently empty COM6 slot) and That's TV UK is only showing a slate on devices it's new to, as it's waiting for the vacancies created by tomorrow's closures.

BBC, Together and That's TV UK all showing slates in new locations and continuing to broadcast on COM7.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2022, 15:21   #468
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yeah, I was still catching up when I posted that. :-)

Looks like Quest Red +1 is using the RT slot (i.e. the only currently empty COM6 slot) and That's TV UK is only showing a slate on devices it's new to, as it's waiting for the vacancies created by tomorrow's closures.

BBC, Together and That's TV UK all showing slates in new locations and continuing to broadcast on COM7.
I did not know that "That's TV UK" was not broadcasting today on COM6.

So it maybe is waiting for CBS Drama to move to local Mux tomorrow.

But COM4 (Craft Extra old slot) will still be up for grabs after tomorrow.
Old 29-06-2022, 21:39   #469
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Looks like the BBC HD streams on PSB3/BBCB aren't ready, and there's no sign of when "soon" is. They reworded a previous article.

See this blog post.

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/1371...d-on-freeview/
Old 30-06-2022, 00:36   #470
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

After all this is completed, what apace will be left on Freeview, if any?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2022, 00:58   #471
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
After all this is completed, what apace will be left on Freeview, if any?
A 24 hour slot on SDN will still be not in use after tomorrow.

All of tomorrow changes will be from Local TV Mux (RealityXtra), Man Mux (NOW 80s) and COM6.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Where is PBS America getting they extra hour on freeview from July 1st?
Old 30-06-2022, 01:13   #472
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post

All of tomorrow changes will be from Local TV Mux (RealityXtra), Man Mux (NOW 80s) and COM6.

I just assumed they gave Babestation a wedge of money to change their hours. it's the most obvious answer.
Old 30-06-2022, 05:47   #473
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

So instead of lowering their fee to allow a channel to stay on Freeview, they're now getting nothing at all!

---------- Post added at 04:47 ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 ----------

Quote:
I just assumed they gave Babestation a wedge of money to change their hours. it's the most obvious answer.

It might be that Babestation offered an extra hour to PBS to cut costs if they aren't generating enough income from their first hour on air.

Is the slot leased by PBS and sublet to Babestation?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2022, 10:12   #474
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
So instead of lowering their fee to allow a channel to stay on Freeview, they're now getting nothing at all!
The SDN slot was only recently advertised and was caught up the administration of the old version of Ideal World, that's why they Back Soon slate was still broadcasting up until yesterday.

Clearly though, the market rate for DTT space was too high for those that closed to take it. It's not just SDN that will drive that value, Arqiva's multiplex space will determine it too. We'll see later today how that price has shaped how the remaining TV services, as it's only guesswork until it happens.
Old 30-06-2022, 12:31   #475
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

The CBS Justice closure slate reads as follows

"CBS Justice has now closed.
Continue watching more of your favourite shows from out sister channels CBS Reality on channel 67, Legend on channel 41, and RealityXtra on channel 68.
Thank you for watching
."

If there's anything to read into this, it's that it can be noted that CBS Reality is still called a sister channel, despite it keeping the CBS branding. So if Viacom CBS and AMC are ending their joint venture and splitting the assets, they haven't yet. Or the employee who wrote the slate still feels they are part of the family. ;-)

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

I've also noticed some odd EPG happenings on RealityXtra and CBS Justice. I'll monitor and see if they come to anything.
Old 30-06-2022, 16:05   #476
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I have seen reports that Classic Hits (1am to 7am*) is Timeshare with Quest Red +1 (7am to 1am*) on Freeview COM6.

*Rumour broadcasting times.

My TV says Classic Hits "will be back at 1am".

If true on Reports Freeview still got TWO SLOTS up for up for grabs - An 23 hour one on COM6^ and a 24 hour one on SDN/COM4.

^Information on a COM6 slot may change when Freeview how PBS America is broadcasting their extra hour from - When will Babestation start tomorrow night?

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Quote:
The CBS Justice closure slate reads as follows

"CBS Justice has now closed.
Continue watching more of your favourite shows from out sister channels CBS Reality on channel 67, Legend on channel 41, and RealityXtra on channel 68.
Thank you for watching
."

If there's anything to read into this, it's that it can be noted that CBS Reality is still called a sister channel, despite it keeping the CBS branding. So if Viacom CBS and AMC are ending their joint venture and splitting the assets, they haven't yet. Or the employee who wrote the slate still feels they are part of the family. ;-)
I feel Paramount have sold their share in a channels you have listed to AMC but by a look of things AMC has cut a cost of broadcasting on Freeview by selling their slots on COM6 to That's TV UK and a yet unname broadcaster and moving RealityXtra to local Mux.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 30-06-2022 at 16:34.
Old 30-06-2022, 16:36   #477
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I have seen reports that Classic Hits (1am to 7am*) is Timeshare with Quest Red +1 (7am to 1am*) on Freeview COM6.

*Rumour broadcasting times.

My TV says Classic Hits "will be back at 1am".

If true on Reports Freeview still got TWO SLOTS up for up for grabs - An 23 hour one on COM6^ and a 24 hour one on SDN/COM4.

^Information on a COM6 slot may change when Freeview how PBS America is broadcasting their extra hour from - When will Babestation start tomorrow night?

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

I feel Paramount have sold their share in a channels you have listed to AMC but by a look of things AMC has cut a cost of broadcasting on Freeview by selling their slots on COM6 to That's TV UK and a yet unname broadcasting and moving RealityXtra to local Mux.
I wonder if anything will come of the Brands TV thing that got a license for DTT. I hope not, I can't see a need for another shopping channel, especially when some of them are having to cut costs, and DTT is expensive.
Old 30-06-2022, 16:40   #478
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old CBS Justice slot on COM6

Part time slots:
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

Slots information right as of June 30th.

What’s changing soon on Freeview:

Soon:
-BBC B Mux may have room to add up to two SD Channels.
-BBC FOUR HD relaunches on Freeview Channel 106.
-CBeebies HD relaunches on Freeview Channel 205.
-SDN to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex.

All information is right as of June 30th.
Old 30-06-2022, 19:06   #479
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

The updated slate for Classic Hits now has the transmission hours for That's TV UK and itself. They align, so they are sharing a stream.

Also the Horror Bites app is rebranding as Legend. Source: Freesat website, so presumably same on Freeview.

No information on CBS Catch-up Channels UK app.
Old 01-07-2022, 14:17   #480
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Just thinking out loud:

PBS is moving to CBS Justice old slot to broadcast from 1pm to midnight every day.