Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 26-05-2014, 15:06   #226
Rapicom65
Inactive

Rapicom65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Not everyone has bad experiences with MJ Quinn so I would looking into it and make your own judgement.
Rapicom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2014, 21:59   #227
calcot
Inactive

calcot is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

4get it or kellys
calcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 02:10   #228
jacker
Inactive

jacker is an unknown quantity at this point

Really MJQ THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR boy i got to say no I'm not a manager I'm an engineer who work for them,
Sure there are days that are hard we know that but it's easy to do four a day everyday, if you can't do that, 2 thing move your ass it's your money, i mean really, starting out its going to take a while to know the network 80 % of you that work for MJQ don't have a hawk ! Do you even know how much time it's save you like half of your day, learn the job right if you can, more or less if there nothing up the pole then the pit 99% of the time it's hits the pcp, it's lazy you moan cause its not a 5 min job every job should take 2 hours. Like the first thing you should do is check your e side, cause if it's not at the pcp then boom you know nup e side, give you a chance at the eu your now look for a stop or spares, it's damm lazy, moan moan it's messed the other engineer who work for MJQ up, who can do the job. And just get on with its, stop moaning. the people who have quit or been sack, lol the joke on you, and I've work all over and i do 5 or 6. If your not ex .bt , well let say you got a lot to learn yes it's takes time, every area is different, ex .bt know that, first timer don't. Learn the trade and your earn good money. Fill your paper work in correct, you shouldt get tax on your wages. It's just funny cause its a shame really, you judge to soon. As for tones if you can't get a tone on, phone exchange, think cause people do go in there. It's like if you not willing to work hard, well you can't expect good money. It's lazy lazy, i don't care what anyone said i would be more then happy to show you how the big boys roll, from pole to pcp new dropwire you name it's. Anyone who used the rope and pull thing go to school.take its up by hand. Get on with its,its its really not that hard

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 28-05-2014 at 23:49 ----------

In the summer you should be taking home 900 a week and i do 6.30am in the morning to 9pm every night i do the jobs quick, i just asked the eu where the the nte going, I'm up the pole at 7am first job i let the eu know the night i asked if possible i could be at there for 10 to 8 but I'm already up the pole before hand eu don't need to know that part my dial tone is at that eu house 100 % by 8am I'm just willing to work to earn a good living. It's call smart thinking. Try its you might get some where. :-)

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

And the worst day I've had is today,at only did 3
jacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 19:04   #229
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker View Post
Really MJQ THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR boy i got to say no I'm not a manager I'm an engineer who work for them,
Sure there are days that are hard we know that but it's easy to do four a day everyday, if you can't do that, 2 thing move your ass it's your money, i mean really, starting out its going to take a while to know the network 80 % of you that work for MJQ don't have a hawk ! Do you even know how much time it's save you like half of your day, learn the job right if you can, more or less if there nothing up the pole then the pit 99% of the time it's hits the pcp, it's lazy you moan cause its not a 5 min job every job should take 2 hours. Like the first thing you should do is check your e side, cause if it's not at the pcp then boom you know nup e side, give you a chance at the eu your now look for a stop or spares, it's damm lazy, moan moan it's messed the other engineer who work for MJQ up, who can do the job. And just get on with its, stop moaning. the people who have quit or been sack, lol the joke on you, and I've work all over and i do 5 or 6. If your not ex .bt , well let say you got a lot to learn yes it's takes time, every area is different, ex .bt know that, first timer don't. Learn the trade and your earn good money. Fill your paper work in correct, you shouldt get tax on your wages. It's just funny cause its a shame really, you judge to soon. As for tones if you can't get a tone on, phone exchange, think cause people do go in there. It's like if you not willing to work hard, well you can't expect good money. It's lazy lazy, i don't care what anyone said i would be more then happy to show you how the big boys roll, from pole to pcp new dropwire you name it's. Anyone who used the rope and pull thing go to school.take its up by hand. Get on with its,its its really not that hard

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 28-05-2014 at 23:49 ----------

In the summer you should be taking home 900 a week and i do 6.30am in the morning to 9pm every night i do the jobs quick, i just asked the eu where the the nte going, I'm up the pole at 7am first job i let the eu know the night i asked if possible i could be at there for 10 to 8 but I'm already up the pole before hand eu don't need to know that part my dial tone is at that eu house 100 % by 8am I'm just willing to work to earn a good living. It's call smart thinking. Try its you might get some where. :-)

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

And the worst day I've had is today,at only did 3
I can see you're a hard worker and that's great but it's just not practical for most people to work the hours you do. With the amount of people BT are taking on this year they will have to lose some contractors as the people they are taking on are mostly doing installs (they are on a new lower wage than the repair guys). I still would recommend people try and get into BT directly. It's a much more secure job.
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2014, 01:44   #230
jacker
Inactive

jacker is an unknown quantity at this point

The funny thing is half of us are better then .bt if your willing to try the guys will help you not sending job back cause you won't climb the pole it's silly, half can't even prove a pair right and wonder by there a fault after all the work done, you just got to learn, i was asked today if i wanted to join .bt , MJQ are the boys if your not willing to work don't expect help, it's dead simple, people won't help there been like what i got a pair back first time, after 4 engineer already when to the job, it's when people don't think it's all start. It's very rare that you would not get a pair back pcp, there even, even if you got a dropwire up there it's don't mean that it's a clear pair could have loop fault on its, you would know with a hawk within 2 min, i get time and time again to go and have a look at a job cause someone Cle it's. And within half hour I've got a pair back, how many go though the pit 5 % i get that some people just think they know it's but it's damm silly cause you think an extra half hour you would get its there time,and learning the pairs, remember some area it's better to work from the pcp to the pole, have a look at the range of d side look what your d side doing see if it's going back to the pole you could find its at the bottom, there been some mad cable jointing I've put tones on from pcp and seen its at the pit on double whites , reds , all sorts, and you got to tried causes like the old boys say experience counts.
Regards
Jacked
jacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2014, 19:06   #231
MrIca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker View Post
The funny thing is half of us are better then .bt if your willing to try the guys will help you not sending job back cause you won't climb the pole it's silly, half can't even prove a pair right and wonder by there a fault after all the work done, you just got to learn, i was asked today if i wanted to join .bt , MJQ are the boys if your not willing to work don't expect help, it's dead simple, people won't help there been like what i got a pair back first time, after 4 engineer already when to the job, it's when people don't think it's all start. It's very rare that you would not get a pair back pcp, there even, even if you got a dropwire up there it's don't mean that it's a clear pair could have loop fault on its, you would know with a hawk within 2 min, i get time and time again to go and have a look at a job cause someone Cle it's. And within half hour I've got a pair back, how many go though the pit 5 % i get that some people just think they know it's but it's damm silly cause you think an extra half hour you would get its there time,and learning the pairs, remember some area it's better to work from the pcp to the pole, have a look at the range of d side look what your d side doing see if it's going back to the pole you could find its at the bottom, there been some mad cable jointing I've put tones on from pcp and seen its at the pit on double whites , reds , all sorts, and you got to tried causes like the old boys say experience counts.
Regards
Jacked
I can't understand most of this , put some paragraphs in and proper sentences. It would help a great deal.

I think you're seriously saying you'd rather work for a Mickey Mouse company like Quinn's over BT. I'm sorry but I can't see the logic in that. You will find it easier to do your job than BT Engineers as the BT engineers get the actual difficult jobs that require underground work, and proving lines for you guys to work on. I'd much rather do repairs for OR than do installs all day....boooooooring.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:55   #232
calcot
Inactive

Each 2 their own I think your better off with Bt, and once they have recruited all the engineers I dont think there will be a need for Quinns or Kellys
Old 01-06-2014, 23:47   #233
MrIca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcot View Post
Each 2 their own I think your better off with Bt, and once they have recruited all the engineers I dont think there will be a need for Quinns or Kellys
That's the hope, but a lot of these Quinn's and Kelly's guys won't listen. They need to be applying now on the BT site and I bet they're not.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:10   #234
insulatorpotty
Inactive

insulatorpotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot take this guy seriously. Taking wires up by hand!. Safety breach! Entering joint box ( it's not a pit) at foot of pole. Breach of contract. It's you that makes us look like a bunch of jokers.
insulatorpotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 19:05   #235
MrIca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by insulatorpotty View Post
Cannot take this guy seriously. Taking wires up by hand!. Safety breach! Entering joint box ( it's not a pit) at foot of pole. Breach of contract. It's you that makes us look like a bunch of jokers.
I know, opening a jointbox is the most serious. There's a lot if training involved in OR before you can do that. Proper staff know they'll get in big trouble if they open them when they aren't accredited so they wouldn't dare.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:06   #236
insulatorpotty
Inactive

Yep. I would say the same, apply to openreach, get out while you can. Apparently Quinn's are looking at the virgin media contract, not sure if it's true but if they get it the rates will drop. They are telling us they are the number one contractor for openreach, they struggle to get / keep the numbers required for that, where are they going to get staff for the gmail contract. From the mc nic boys laid Off or do they already know what impact the latest Openreach recruitment will have On the volumes offered to them.
Old 03-06-2014, 20:01   #237
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Fujitsu had the Virgin contract.
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 20:26   #238
calcot
Inactive

I didn't open joint boxes with Quinns I was not shown or trained to,I did with Kellys only after a BT jointer showed me I even came across cabinets I had never seen before,even though im ex BT.So much for training?
Old 03-06-2014, 22:26   #239
MrIca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcot View Post
I didn't open joint boxes with Quinns I was not shown or trained to,I did with Kellys only after a BT jointer showed me I even came across cabinets I had never seen before,even though im ex BT.So much for training?
You've lost me again here completely. Are you saying you opened joint boxes when you worked for Kelly's? If so, you shouldn't have done so.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:22   #240
insulatorpotty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgey View Post
I thought Fujitsu had the Virgin contract.
Yeah just looked on another forum. Fujitsu in the north, mc nic in the south.

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Kelly's have lost the fvr contract with openreach. Union have got involved and held openreach to an old agreement re the use of contract Labour.