Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 10:00   #226
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

This is the reason I'm not getting it offered for £4

"Yes, but with the bundle you have now is our old bundle in which Sky UHD was inclusive and the new Ultimate bundle does not have Sky cinema UHD included so it actually cost 6GBP extra and for Sky sports UHD and movies UHD it will cost you 10GBP so offered it for best price."

So their new Ultimate Bundle doesn't include stuff I already have I'm also not sure why that matters to me, I think Virgin need to look up the word Ultimate, The top package was supposed to be everything and you were a VIP and got the best price
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2023, 11:59   #227
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

£7 for me on Ultimate Volt (that had UHD entertainment and movies in it).
Old 02-02-2023, 12:58   #228
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
£7 for me on Ultimate Volt (that had UHD entertainment and movies in it).
Yes, unfortunately I got it wrong yesterday and it is £7 on top of that version of Ultimate Volt.

As I don't want to cause further confusion, I'll avoid discussing any pricing changes in the future.
Old 02-02-2023, 13:00   #229
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, unfortunately I got it wrong yesterday and it is £7 on top of that version of Ultimate Volt.
How to virgin justify these prices on top of the Ultimate Volt package
Things like this should just be added to all Ultimate Volt package
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 02-02-2023, 13:25   #230
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

got mine added now had to do a chat as the call centre yesterday didn’t add it £7 came on instantly
Old 02-02-2023, 14:20   #231
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

As I don't want to cause further confusion, I'll avoid discussing any pricing changes in the future.
It does seem quite complex and not helped by a lack of a press release or formal announcement (I suspect deliberately because of the vast amount of legacy packages out there).

Always appreciate your input Ben so apologies if my post(s) came over as a dig. I posted today to say what I was offered (and I’ve taken up) in case that helps others.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
Suspect someone somewhere has done analysis on the price point of “Ultimate Volt” as a headline package so the price stays the same but you get less for it.
Old 02-02-2023, 15:06   #232
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
The Extra charge is likely part of the contract with Sky.
Old 02-02-2023, 15:21   #233
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

After being left hanging on chat for more than 40 minutes I finally got through via the phone. It was sorted in less than 5 minutes and raised my sub by £7 per month. I had a quick look at the picture quality which is excellent.
Old 02-02-2023, 20:47   #234
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Is the darts 4k or upscaled? Think it might be upscaled at least on some of the cameras.

Football yesterday was great
Old 02-02-2023, 22:45   #235
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media is turning into a joke.

Since January 1st 2021 Virgin has only launch 9 NEW Channels - the rest has been HD launches but Virgin has axe they SD Channels. But Virgin keeps putting up prices.

2023:
*Sky Sports Main Event UHD
*Sky Sports UHD1
*Sky Sports UHD2

2022:
*Talk TV
*NBC News NOW
*BBC 3

2021:
*QVC Extra
*GB News
*Colors Gujarati
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-02-2023, 22:56   #236
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post

Since January 1st 2021 Virgin has only launch 9 NEW Channels - the rest has been HD launches but Virgin has axe they SD Channels. But Virgin keeps putting up prices.

2023:
*Sky Sports Main Event UHD
*Sky Sports UHD1
*Sky Sports UHD2

2022:
*Talk TV
*NBC News NOW
*BBC 3

2021:
*QVC Extra
*GB News
*Colors Gujarati
It's not really a VM thing it's an industry thing. New channels are not really being launched as frequently as they used to be.
Old 03-02-2023, 00:06   #237
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's not really a VM thing it's an industry thing. New channels are not really being launched as frequently as they used to be.
Indeed, what are these brilliant new channels that VM is missing out on... oh, there aren't any, lol.

It's just the evolution from pay TV channels to streaming and is nothing to do with VM.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:27   #238
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Indeed, what are these brilliant new channels that VM is missing out on... oh, there aren't any, lol.

It's just the evolution from pay TV channels to streaming and is nothing to do with VM.
Sky Atlantic is the main channel that's still missing, though there are a few more decent ones on Sky that would be useful to have.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:36   #239
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sky Atlantic is the main channel that's still missing, though there are a few more decent ones on Sky that would be useful to have.
Can't see it being on VM at all now tbh with the HBO deal ending in 2025 and HBO don't want to renew it either as they want to bring MAX to the uk (MAX will be discovery+ and hbomax in one.) MAX is just the code they're using atm it isn't it's final name.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:58   #240
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post

In that case you will be pleased to hear that Sky Kids HD has been added to SID 2507 with a provisional channel number of 707. Not yet visible on customer equipment.
Closed Thread