Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you paying for 1Gig?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

What are you paying for 1Gig?

Old 12-12-2022, 20:31   #1
NoCableForMe
cf.member

NoCableForMe is an unknown quantity at this point
What are you paying for 1Gig?

I only have broadband with VM, no phone, no TV and I think I'm paying over the odds for 360mbps at 43 per month, what are you paying fro 1gig?
NoCableForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2022, 13:39   #2
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What are you paying for 1Gig?

You don't want to know - I'm a staffer so get a great deal.
Old 13-12-2022, 14:14   #3
Chair
cf.member

Chair is an unknown quantity at this point

Half an hour ago I ordered gig service for £45/m (nothing upfront) for 18m

Interested to see if I could have done better ...
Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2022, 14:19   #4
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

£62 a month, seen a few around here get it cheaper
oppisite from you, i was looking to downgrade, but the price to even the next down layer, was so close to 1gb deal, just kept it
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2022, 16:21   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I pay £23.99 for 15Mbps, which is equivalent to £1600 for 1Gig. So less of your moaning
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2022, 13:25   #6
Chair
cf.member

Chair is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to a hint over on the Discussion forum, and because I am an O2 customer, I called back today and changed the package I ordered yesterday to a VOLT package. This includes a phone line and Weekend calls, as well as the Gig1 broadband service.

But for £38/m (nothing upfront) for 18m!!
Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2022, 09:58   #7
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

I don't kow exactly as it's part of a bundle. £64/month for Gig1, Maxit TV, Anytime chatter, Netflix.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2022, 20:41   #8
g0mit
George Bromfield

Services: virgin 500 bb phone xl sky Q
g0mit is an unknown quantity at this point

£74 for 1gig plus phone anytime calls
g0mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2022, 22:29   #9
richard-john56
cf.addict

Services: 1 gig broadband
richard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about them

What do you think of the 3 broadband provider with 650Mb for £10 a month on their 4G plan, 5G coming soon with 1 gig.
richard-john56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:05   #10
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Not exactly sure as it's part of a bundle, but paying £90p/m for the Ultimate Volt package which includes it once the volt upgrade taken into account.

£65 to VM and £25 to O2.
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:00   #11
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
Not exactly sure as it's part of a bundle, but paying £90p/m for the Ultimate Volt package which includes it once the volt upgrade taken into account.

£65 to VM and £25 to O2.

That's about what I used to pay for that package. The o2 element was way more than I needed so I contacted them directly via a web chat and got a deal that was adequate for my needs for £10 per month, £15 saving. Result!
Cheile48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 15:38   #12
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

£99
1gb BB
2x360 STB - movies and sports
Landline
Unlimited data, text and calls sim

It's going up to £101 in February
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:15   #13
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

£41 per month including O2 sim, the VM bill is £29.

Reading this thread shows VM is still very much a haggle ISP with such high variance of costs.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 15:42   #14
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Virgin seem to be good with what they charging am still with BT Broadband for £57.99
For Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3+ Plus 12 months of Xbox game pass but YouFibre is being installed so will definitely switch when it’s available it’s really good to see more options coming online

Last edited by Martin_D; 03-01-2023 at 15:45.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 15:48   #15
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

£36/m for m500 that becomes gig1 thanks to volt.

I'm stuck with it until may, but don't actually use it anymore. Hoping there is a price rise soon so I can terminate
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote