Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Latest black Friday offer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Latest black Friday offer

Old 16-11-2022, 15:02   #1
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Latest black Friday offer

I've been offered the full volt package.... With HD sky sports and movies and Netflix with an unlimited SIM for £89 per month for 18 month minimum... Including second box. Seems too good to be true.
Old 16-11-2022, 18:43   #2
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Latest black Friday offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
I've been offered the full volt package.... With HD sky sports and movies and Netflix with an unlimited SIM for £89 per month for 18 month minimum... Including second box. Seems too good to be true.
Check that the O2 part isn't CPI + 3.9% after 12 months also Netflix control there prices , can't see virgin subsiding it if cast iron looks very good to me
Old 16-11-2022, 23:22   #3
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

I’ve just changed to that and it’s £111/ month.
Your offer does seem very good. I wonder if there is a catch or if you have just got a very good deal.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2022, 23:59   #4
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

It was a directed emai. I checked the price and for new customers its £79 so not too shabby especially with gig1 etc
Old 17-11-2022, 18:48   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Check that the O2 part isn't CPI + 3.9% after 12 months also Netflix control there prices , can't see virgin subsiding it if cast iron looks very good to me
As for as I can see O2 is CPI+ 3.9% after 12 months again as far as I can tell O2 is priced at £25 so around 10% + another 3.9% that sounds expensive .
Old 18-11-2022, 03:11   #6
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

With current price rises been close to 15%, they can afford to give these deals, even after only 1 year you paying over £100.

My signing up offer was gig1 + call weekends + streaming + o2 sim for £41. So at least with my lower baseline price point the inflation wont seem so crazy ha ha, and yes I was warned on the phone it will be going up in March next year so I have the price for just a few months.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 20:21   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

https://news.sky.com/story/just-one-...posed-12752569

Quote:
Just one in seven deals on Black Friday offer a genuine discount, according to new research from Which?.

The consumer champion analysed 214 Black Friday deals last year at seven major home and tech retailers - Amazon, AO, Argos, Currys, John Lewis, Richer Sounds and Very - looking at their prices every day in the six months before and after the sale day (26 November 2021).

It found the majority of promotions (183 - or 86%) were cheaper or the same price in the six months before the sales. Of the deals, 209 (98%) were cheaper or the same price at other times in the year. None were cheaper on Black Friday alone.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2022, 12:55   #8
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

If you use Amazon I can highly recommend the Kappa extension. Today itis showing Amazon prices back to 1st September
Quote:
Overview....
✜ Price History charts
Detailed Price History charts for over 2.5 billion Amazon products.

✜ Price Drop & Availability Alerts
Set up a price watch directly from the product page. We track any product for you and notify you once the product dropped below your desired price. We track lightning deals as well!

✜ Compare and track international Amazon prices
Prices for all Amazon locales are listed and can easily be tracked.

✜ Daily Deals, an overview of recent price drops
Get the real deals. Keepa finds the best deals every day. Find products with the highest drop in price in your favorite product category.
I don't know if you will be able to see the Kappa chart on the following link but it is showing that todays reduction down to £10.47, is only £1 or £2 less than it was sold at during most of the time since September. So the Black Friday deal may look good but in reality you would save only a small amount not the 87% Amazon are claiming.
Old 23-11-2022, 13:44   #9
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Did you mean Keepa rather than kappa? Id not heard off it before but Google gives Kappa as a clothing brand.
I’ll take a look at Keepa.
Thanks
Old 23-11-2022, 14:24   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yep, its Keepa.

I just checked an item I bought for xmas, and I got it at a far lower price then its been since the summer (as far back as I coud track it on the site).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2022, 14:39   #11
bbxxl
cf.addict

I saw some deeding I bought in July (not from Amazon) advertised with 30% off on Black Friday, I checked and the Black Friday price was 10% MORE than I’d paid in July.

Be careful out there folks!
Old 23-11-2022, 15:39   #12
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
Did you mean Keepa rather than kappa? Id not heard off it before but Google gives Kappa as a clothing brand.
I’ll take a look at Keepa.
Thanks
Sorry about that. Been tracking an offer on Kappa and my brain got a tad scrabbled. The Amazon extention is, of course, Keepa. I also use CamelCamelCamel to keep an eye open for price drops on my Amazon wish/watch lists.
Old 24-11-2022, 17:34   #13
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Coincidentally, I’ve had a call this afternoon offering me the same package - for £87 a month, including anytime calls on the landline.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2022, 18:28   #14
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

I would not want to get stuck into a 18 month contract with Virgin the service is diabolical I have good deal with them myself without contract as I will be exploring cancelling with them soon,
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2022, 18:57   #15
bbxxl
cf.addict

I have been with Virgin for 15 years now and the service has been very, very good. I think it depends where you are in the country, but I have no complaints and on the few occasions I’ve had to call CS I have been very impressed with them as well. More than happy to sign up for another project 18 months at £86/ month plus £25 for the unlimited O2 SIM.