Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Installation issues

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Installation issues

Old 08-01-2023, 19:30   #1
NLS106
cf.member

NLS106 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Installation issues

Hi, thank you to anyone who reads this message. Wondering if anyone can help please with some installation issues we’re having.

We live in YO30 (York)

The external part of our fibre optic cable was installed mid December.

On Sat 31st of Dec an engineer came to do the internal installation. He said at that time on testing the cable, that it was damaged. He said that he could go ahead and do his side of things but that it made more sense to wait until the external cable was repaired. He said that we’d be contacted to book in both parts at another date as soon as poss.

We’ve been given Sat the 14th as our new date. Talking to customer services today reveals that this is simply for another internal installation and that there is no record of the external cable being damaged so consequently nobody is coming to repair the external cable. We don’t seem to be able to contact anyone who can book this in or do anything to sort the problem.

We’ve been without internet for a few weeks now as we didn’t anticipate problems. We were also assured we’d be sent a dongle but found out today that we didn’t actually qualify and this was cancelled - but no one informed us of this, we just found out by calling up and asking when the dongle never arrived.

Could anyone suggest what to do? I’m worried that we won’t have internet for a long time to come. Thank you
NLS106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2023, 20:46   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Installation issues

Hi NLS106, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that I can't help, the forum is a tad quiet tonight but I am sure that someone who can suggest a way forward for you will be along soon.
Old 08-01-2023, 20:57   #3
NLS106
cf.member

Thanks very much joglynne. I’ll wait and see
Old 08-01-2023, 21:31   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Tbh you'd be better contacting VMs official support forum
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums
They might be able to look into it a bit more than the CS offshore phone drones.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 22:41   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Tbh you'd be better contacting VMs official support forum
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums
They might be able to look into it a bit more than the CS offshore phone drones.
I'll second that, the offshore helpline is rather a waste of time. The VM community forum will generally get back to you within 24 hours or so and have helped me out on a few occcasions.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 22:47   #6
NLS106
cf.member

Thanks Mr K, will give that a go

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

And daveeb, thanks for your advice
Old 08-01-2023, 23:40   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I'll second that, the offshore helpline is rather a waste of time. The VM community forum will generally get back to you within 24 hours or so and have helped me out on a few occcasions.
I was going to say they would have to wait 7 days for a reply, maybe it's quicker now but when they do reply they're often very helpful atleast when it comes to checking your line and booking an engineer in my experience.