Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 01:39   #1786
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Yeah, it does really need a dummies guide to...
but I just posted the info as I received it.

However, most of it should be fairly clear if you have been following the thread. Funnily enough, most of the tech. details posted elsewhere have been removed. :p
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2021, 08:51   #1787
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Also All4 is now on the 360 boxes.
Does anyone know if this is in HD or SD?
Old 02-12-2021, 09:35   #1788
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post

However, most of it should be fairly clear if you have been following the thread. Funnily enough, most of the tech. details posted elsewhere have been removed. :p
Do you mean this forum, or the internet in general? With many things I find it's the latter.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:24   #1789
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Does anyone know if this is in HD or SD?
All4 is in HD on the 360, currently in SD on the V6.

Integration with the 360 search for All4 isn't current available but I'd expect it'll be available at some point.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:43   #1790
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
All4 is in HD on the 360, currently in SD on the V6.

Integration with the 360 search for All4 isn't current available but I'd expect it'll be available at some point.
Good news indeed about HD.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:51   #1791
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Do you mean this forum, or the internet in general? With many things I find it's the latter.
All I mean is that most of the uber-techy details were stripped out for the forum reports. Normally, the info is posted on DS Forum, which has more users interested in the technical aspects. It was posted here, largely because it is getting difficult to see any technical data while the Virgin monitor at digitalbitrate.com is offline. Also because CF posters are reposting the DS Forum posts anyway.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:57   #1792
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
All I mean is that most of the uber-techy details were stripped out for the forum reports. Normally, the info is posted on DS Forum, which has more users interested in the technical aspects. It was posted here, largely because it is getting difficult to see any technical data while the Virgin monitor at digitalbitrate.com is offline. Also because CF posters are reposting the DS Forum posts anyway.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 02-12-2021, 20:32   #1793
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Just seen the following over on DS Forum posted by kriZbii:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriZbii via DS Forum View Post
The other Sky Cinema temporary name changes for the rest of the year are...
10th Best of 2021 > Music
10th Greats > Lord of the Rings
13th Lord of the Rings > Greats
17th Greats > The Matrix
18th Music > Wizarding World
20th The Matrix > Greats

Also December 15th - January 4th Sky Sports Arena > Sky Sports Darts
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-12-2021, 18:42   #1794
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Thank you. You know you should never go in to politics. Far to clear and straightforward answers
Sorry but having read this a number of times it was as clear as mud .

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:

I have and it was clear as mud . Guess something had gone off . But after reading three or so times., I was not at sure what the point of this information was. So yet again thanks to ben
Old 03-12-2021, 19:19   #1795
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
I have and it was clear as mud . Guess something had gone off . But after reading three or so times., I was not at sure what the point of this information was. So yet again thanks to ben
Basically, it's for people who are interested in that type of information. I wouldn't expect everyone to be interested and, clearly, you aren't. Nobody is forcing you to read it. Feel free to just get on with whatever it is you come here for.
Old 05-12-2021, 17:57   #1796
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Discovery now attempting to derail DAZN’s £600m buyout of BT Sport.

https://www.ft.com/content/33f4b1f5-...5-4375c3393c93
Old 05-12-2021, 18:45   #1797
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Discovery now attempting to derail DAZN’s £600m buyout of BT Sport.

https://www.ft.com/content/33f4b1f5-...5-4375c3393c93
Not having a subscription to the times I can't read it so no idea of the contents
Old 05-12-2021, 19:12   #1798
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Not having a subscription to the times I can't read it so no idea of the contents
Copy the headline on the page into Google search click it and you should be able to read.
Old 05-12-2021, 20:13   #1799
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I noticed yesterday the new interface for BBC iPlayer had launched on VM. Main difference: the menus are on the left instead of on top.

VM has been missing on DigitalBitRate for a wee while now, but it has now returned. I'm assuming this is related to the TV outage last week. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears again. I can see a new BBC 1HD on the regional multiplex, so that's likely preparation on VM for English regions finally getting HD version.
https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...iste=2&lang=en
Old 05-12-2021, 21:29   #1800
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I noticed yesterday the new interface for BBC iPlayer had launched on VM. Main difference: the menus are on the left instead of on top.

VM has been missing on DigitalBitRate for a wee while now, but it has now returned. I'm assuming this is related to the TV outage last week. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears again. I can see a new BBC 1HD on the regional multiplex, so that's likely preparation on VM for English regions finally getting HD version.
https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...iste=2&lang=en
As you can see from that, using the same video PID & audio PID as the original service. Simply allocating a unique service ID number for each BBC region. As you say, and as I have posted previously, prep work for adding BBC One HD regions in England. 10180 will be for the north west.

As far as I know, its reappearance isn't connected to the outage.
Closed Thread