Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 26-10-2011, 22:23   #931
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE

I think Triple H was injured at Vengeance by the bad landing on the powerbomb.

If not its a Kayfabe injury and he'll make a surprise return to beat up Nash.
Old 29-10-2011, 17:33   #932
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It looks like WWE have actually found a GM for Raw, He/She will be introduced when the JL storyline is done with. Usually ends with a typical Vince Mcmahon return & your fired segment along with JL leaving the building after receiving the locker room's finishing moves
Old 29-10-2011, 20:43   #933
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Wounder who it is?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 21:11   #934
Jameseh

Mike Adamle's twin.
Old 29-10-2011, 21:55   #935
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Bit of me thinking it will be edge
Old 05-11-2011, 11:39   #936
wwe
cf.mega poster

Did raw start at 1 this week?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:33   #937
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I have just watched the Bret and Shawn interview DVD and I'm still in shock.

This is the one where Jim Ross sat them both down to talk about their beginnings in the great tag-team era of the late 80s, their subsequent singles careers, their behind-the-scenes rivalries and of course a certain match from Montreal.

Both were very open and pulled no punches about what annoyed them about each other, both acknowledged that 'the office' encouraged it but what was a bit of a shame was quite often when Bret mentioned something nasty Shawn did or said, HBK did the "I don't remember that but it sounds like something I'd have done so I take responsibility for it" thing - not bad for someone who was whacked out on drugs for most of the era.

Both took their own share of responsibility for Montreal, neither admitted their parts were wrong but there was a genuineness in their desire that it should have been avoided - Bret pointed out that at that point he didn't even have to turn up at Survivor Series as he'd far exceeded his contracted number of matches for that year.

But towards the end, Bret gets really emotional when he talks about his stroke, when Vince called him up as soon as he switched his phone on in the hospital, about how he felt relieved to know that Shawn also wanted to make peace, it was awesome and a number of times Bret was fighting back tears.

Fantastic DVD and I recommend it to any WWE fan from that era. I've always been a massive HBK mark and was pretty indifferent to Bret in the 90s but IMO the Hitman came off slightly better in this. It wasn't a rivalry DVD in the way of trying to get more sympathy than the other, it was just honesty. Bret had a lot to get off his chest (Shawn has done numerous interviews over the years admitting his part in Montreal and being a hard person to like back in the day) and you get the impression this was the first time he'd spoken so openly like this.

Incredible stuff, certainly my favourite wrestling documentary after 'The Monday Night Wars'.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 21:31   #938
wwe
cf.mega poster

Anybody on here going to see WWe while there in the uk im going to the tv shows in Liverpool cart wait. Wish they would do a ppv over here
Old 06-11-2011, 02:26   #939
Jameseh

Had trains been a little cheaper I would have went but there's always april.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:38   #940
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
Anybody on here going to see WWe while there in the uk im going to the tv shows in Liverpool cart wait. Wish they would do a ppv over here
They did Summerslam at Wembley a lot of years ago. I loved it. Last time I went to see WWE was 3 weeks before Owen Hart died. Stone cold vs The Rock was the main event.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

Mick Foley appeared on Wrestling Voice Radio this week and spoke about returning to WWE last week at a live event from Dublin, Ireland.

When asked about why Foley chose an overseas house show for his big return, Foley said:

"The basic answer is because I just happened to be flying into Dublin the day they were there and my hotel was literally across the street. I called and asked if I could come hang out and it was a lot of fun."

Foley was originally advertised November 14th RAW Supershow from Boston featuring The Rock's return, but says he wasn't surprised when WWE scrapped the idea and decided to keep the attention on The Rock that night.

Foley also said he probably has one big match left in him and named The Miz as the person he'd want to wrestle against.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44   #941
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

WWE had a few PPV's that were UK only

Can check them on Wiki

There have been massive rumours for ages that there are plans to bring a WrestleMania to Wembley
Old 06-11-2011, 10:56   #942
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
WWE had a few PPV's that were UK only

Can check them on Wiki

There have been massive rumours for ages that there are plans to bring a WrestleMania to Wembley
Never EVER happen. The yanks see 'Mania as American as the White House. We may get another SummerSlam or something like that but Wrestlemania? More chance of Vince going in to business with TNA.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 06-11-2011, 11:39   #943
wwe
cf.mega poster

True I cart ever see us having wrestlimania in the uk or anywhere else. Yer I remember when they used to have 2 ppv here which were uk only. I think they don't do ppv here course of the time differents but I'm happy to go the arena at 1am
Old 06-11-2011, 11:47   #944
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Never EVER happen. The yanks see 'Mania as American as the White House. We may get another SummerSlam or something like that but Wrestlemania? More chance of Vince going in to business with TNA.
We got SummerSlam in the early 90s from London.

WWE tape it on an Saturday night when it was broadcast in the US on the Sunday night with Sky Sports broadcasting it on the Monday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:51   #945
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
I think they don't do ppv here course of the time differents but I'm happy to go the arena at 1am
You'll be the only one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
We got SummerSlam in the early 90s from London.
Hence my use of the word 'another'....

Vote #AnyoneButTory