Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2005, 09:57   #1546
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

well it was billed as a win or bust game and we couldn't do it.. started brightly but then faded and only had about 2 shots in the second half.. we still play very narrow and don't have any wingers at all.. Ronaldo can't corss the ball to save his life and neither can anyone else in the squad ATM our best crosser is Neville ATM

can't understand why Neville gota run out.. if we were 3-0 up it would have made sense but when we needed to win would have rather we bought on Rossi

think if Ballack or any top players saw that they would never come here.. attack is still doing ok but the prob is they have to all the playmaking themselves and score as they get no service or help from midfield..

not going for a win was a mistake as Benfica can still qualify and will still be going for a win

least Palace had a good result and are now back up to sixth with 2 games in hand
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2005, 10:11   #1547
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

right their what top players like ballack will want to come to Utd when we draw 0-0 and could be goin out at group stage were as bayern stroll with 4-0 win lol

fergie has to do alot of spending in jan n june we need at least in my mind 3 midfielders two central players and one wide player that can cross!!

a central defender! and possibly if money left over lol another striker.
Old 23-11-2005, 11:28   #1548
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

agreed we need to spend big and think the priorities are a new Keane.. a new Beckham who still hasn't been replaced.. plus a new Scholes and a Giggs in midfield add in another centre half and a striker and we are there

don't think we have the money to do that at the moment

not heard back from yesman but hope he enjoyed the game
Old 23-11-2005, 11:42   #1549
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
agreed we need to spend big and think the priorities are a new Keane.. a new Beckham who still hasn't been replaced.. plus a new Scholes and a Giggs in midfield add in another centre half and a striker and we are there

i don't think we can replace keane but we need players of world standard. i think likes of ballack/graveson/duscher/milito/mascherano/ would all be prime candidates.
Old 23-11-2005, 13:14   #1550
yesman

Quote:

The game was diabolical, plus it took 7 hours to get home

Basic tactics were missing, and that has to be down to the coaching.
Villareal didn't come to win, but came to make sure they didn't lose the game which didn't make the game very entertaining anyway.
Why Neville was brought on for Wes Brown beggars belief, Brown has been one of the better players of recent matches.
O'Shea seems to be out of his depth and can't manage to string two passes together with his team mates.

Heads should roll but probably wont while Ferguson is in charge.

The current players I would keep that played last night would be.......
Van Der Sar
Scholes
Rooney
Ronaldo
Nistelrooy (has played better since being made captain)
The rest can go as far as I am concerned and they can take Queiroz (sp) ?
with them

Old 23-11-2005, 13:19   #1551
yesman

Quote:
a new Beckham who still hasn't been replaced..
IMO there will be one soon, keep an eye out for a player called Markus Neumayr, he is in the reserves at the moment and looks promising.

Old 23-11-2005, 13:28   #1552
sherer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
The game was diabolical, plus it took 7 hours to get home

Basic tactics were missing, and that has to be down to the coaching.
Villareal didn't come to win, but came to make sure they didn't lose the game which didn't make the game very entertaining anyway.
Why Neville was brought on for Wes Brown beggars belief, Brown has been one of the better players of recent matches.
O'Shea seems to be out of his depth and can't manage to string two passes together with his team mates.

Heads should roll but probably wont while Ferguson is in charge.

The current players I would keep that played last night would be.......
Van Der Sar
Scholes
Rooney
Ronaldo
Nistelrooy (has played better since being made captain)
The rest can go as far as I am concerned and they can take Queiroz (sp) ?
with them
i've had the same prob coming out of OT... now we leave a few mins early.. hate doing it but will never get home otherwise

O'Shea is terrible at the moment as are a few others.. this was a must win match and we couldn't do it.. prob is the same one we've had for a few years in that the ball doesn't come from the midfield to the strikers and we are too narrow

i've not been impressed with VDS so far.. he's made a few mistakes and doesn't always know when to come or not
Scholes is getting too old and can't perform to the levels he used to a few years ago.. he wasn't that great last night either

out of the side that played last night id keep

Rio ( but he needs to start performing like a 30m defender )
Silvestre ( as cover for a new CB)
Brown
Ronaldo ( but convert into a proper winger )
Rooney
Ruud

have heard of that younster but not seem him play

play last night was very bad at times with no real clue what to do.. if Villarreal had their full side out they could have beaten us
Old 23-11-2005, 14:04   #1553
yesman

The rot may be setting in...........

BBC Biz

Old 23-11-2005, 15:26   #1554
sherer
Inactive

yeah i read that already.. not good news as we aren't as actractive as we used to be

one thing i meant to ask was did you hear any booing at the final wistle.. thought i heard some but can't always tell on TV

also were the "flowers of manchester" and the "28 Years" banners up at the Stretford End.. when i was there for a league game i've noticed they take them down now
Old 23-11-2005, 15:47   #1555
akane1984
Inactive

the only good side to vodaphone ending shirt sponsor is United can hopefully go out and get a new multi million pound deal somewhere else, then add to that havin to make whole batch of new shirts alot of income to help with current situation. . i know i would buy new shirts out of support.
Old 23-11-2005, 16:57   #1556
yesman

Quote:
one thing i meant to ask was did you hear any booing at the final wistle.. thought i heard some but can't always tell on TV
Yes there was quite a bit

Quote:
also were the "flowers of manchester" and the "28 Years" banners up at the Stretford End.. when i was there for a league game i've noticed they take them down now
Yes they were there, and at the east end was a banner for Keano which read.....

KEANE 1993 - 2005 RED LEGEND

Old 23-11-2005, 17:10   #1557
yesman

In fact here it is.

Old 23-11-2005, 20:47   #1558
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I thought they had taken them down and were asking for people to put new ones up? Maybe i was wrong going by what Yesman has said
Old 23-11-2005, 23:43   #1559
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
<snip>

KEANE 1990 - 1993 RED LEGEND
Better...

Old 24-11-2005, 00:32   #1560
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I see 90% of man u fans still think they have to buy success and the solution isnt tactics and on the training pitch.
Closed Thread