Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVD covers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

gfx card ideas

Old 06-10-2011, 14:59   #1
blotchyprune
cf.addict

blotchyprune is on a distinguished roadblotchyprune is on a distinguished road
gfx card ideas

Ow be on`

Just yesterday i got a new to me but second hand comp, nothin to special but better than what i had before, it's a hp microtower not sure of any model number but what i can tell you is it has a athlon 4450B cpu 3gb ddr2 ram in the asus m2n68-la mobo, atm it has hd3450 gfx but installed crysis last just to test and was'nt all that much of an improvement from my old agp mobo, just wondering if a better gfx would be worth the money, i just dont want it to bottleneck at the cpu, but i was looking at a hd 4870 on ebay for about £70 ?

welcome all thoughts from anyone.

Thanks
blotchyprune is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2011, 15:59   #2
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
Re: gfx card ideas

How about a Radeon 6770 for £80.00

http://www.ebuyer.com/266983-asus-hd...70-dc-2di-1gd5

Not sure if you'll need a beter PSU though.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 20:49   #3
blotchyprune
cf.addict

nice thanks, i have an 500w psu from my old comp thats one thing i did swap the hp only had a 300w
Old 10-10-2011, 22:00   #4
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

For that budget i wouldn't be using Crysis as a benchmark as the difference is only going to be a few fps at most.

Cyco's suggestion is about as good as you'll get for that price. Second hand could possibly get you something better but not anything new.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 22:40   #5
blotchyprune
cf.addict

hi, although i am greatful for the advice, ive been offered a PowerColor Radeon HD4890 for £50 only thing is i need a new psu so im thinking this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1506033068...84.m1438.l2649

what do u think?

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

the 500w i got has got is decided to longer work :s and the same with my keyboard so i also need a new one of them, this on screen board is annoying