Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Voyager 1500 Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT Voyager 1500 Problem

Old 01-11-2005, 17:17   #1
ihatesharing
Inactive

ihatesharing is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy BT Voyager 1500 Problem

Hi, basically i have this new router because of the addition of a laptop needing internet access wirelessly, also needed this router to connect the 2 existing wired connections to 2 dekstops, i have gone though the user guide completely, configured it, restarted the systems and the router, nothing is working, my main pc actually has no ethernet port so i use the usb adaptor, does this have anything to do with the problem? it detects a new connection 'Internet Gateway' but it also detects my old local area connection through the set top box, when i try to enable the gateway it does then straight after goes back to being disabled, on the router the dhcp detects fine, on the laptop the wireless adaptor detects the network but no traffic flowing. i really don't want to have to deal with this, but my dad won't get off my case until it works, all it's doing is giving me stress and downtime for my usage.

HELP!!!
ihatesharing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2005, 17:43   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BT Voyager 1500 Problem

To Cable Forum

Lets start with a few basic questions.

Are you on cable, or ADSL? If the former do you have a cable modem, or Set Top Box? If the latter is the modem ethernet or USB. Cna you confirm make and models please?

Your wired connection are you modem / STB > voyager router > PCs (wired and Wireless), or something else (if so what?)

Have you actually switched off everything, including the modem / STB, all PCs and the voyager, before restarting with wired connections in place. Get a wired connection working first to one PC, then gradually add and connect others.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote