Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

Old 24-08-2022, 15:42   #16
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
snip....

Android is equally as good, can compare as I have an iPhone for work, and Android for myself. In many way Android is better as iphones are so locked down.
The thing to remember is that Apple manufacture their products in their own specification. The software, the hardware, the components used, the repairing processes - it's all controlled. This is what allows them to make devices and software that works so much better. They control the quality. They control the integrations. They control what the software on their devices can do. They are inherently more secure, more stable and more reliable as a result of this.

Allowing anyone to 'repair' their devices means that 3rd party manufacturers will be making cheaper parts that are not up to the same standard that Apple designed their systems to utilise, so you end up with a sub-standard piece of kit.

iPhones, you say, are locked down. In what respect are they locked down? Because you cannot easily install and run an application on the phone that has not been vetted? That you have no idea what it is doing in the background? What data could those applications be harvesting?

Android is like Windows. It's a generic OS that has to be made to work with so much hardware it becomes an issue. More bugs, more flaws, more security holes all over the place. Is the user experience and security compromise worth being able to change the theme of your icons? Not in my view.

So yes, Apple products are more expensive. But they have been designed from the ground up with the hardware and software designed to work harmoniously together, providing a much better end-user experience. They are a premium product for a reason.

I get not everyone cares for or wants an Apple device in their life, but more often than not, the anti-Apple protestors are those who have not had very much, or indeed any experience of an Apple device in their day-to-day lives. And that is fine - no one has to. However, I know far, far more people who have gone from Apple to Android and then gone back to Apple. Very, Very few people I know have done the opposite. And whilst this is only my experience and may not be representative overall, in any conversation I have had with others on this topic, they recite the same experiences with their friends and acquaintances.

In summary, Apple products are more expensive, but you pay the premium for hardware and software that is designed and built for one another. No 3rd party specifics involved. They are inherently more secure as everything is in one eco-system and their products all tie in and work seamlessly with one another. Want to carry on with your iMessage conversation on your laptop or desktop now you're at home? Sure. Want to open up your music player and see all the changes you made on another device automatically synced? OK.

At the end of the day, people should just get what suits their needs. If you want cheap and functional, do that. If you want to spend more on something else, do that. It simply doesn't matter. Most manufactures and OS versions have their pros and cons. For my wants and needs, Apple wins hands down and I'm happy to pay a little more for it. They just work, no fuss.
Old 24-08-2022, 18:03   #17
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Totally agree - my wife, son, and daughter all have iPhones and iPads (and have for the last ten years) because, for them, they "just work"; they have no hassle, everything runs, never have lockouts. For them, ease of use is worth the premium.

(I have an Android (oneplus7 Pro) phone, iPad Pro, and Win11 PC).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2022, 21:21   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The only apples in my house you can eat.

My nephew, niece and sister all have iPhones, but for some reason my nieces will not connect to my home network, Fingbox did block it upon first try, but despite me unblocking it assigning it to my niece, it still refuses to connect, even my nephew who works in IT can't see what's wrong.
Old 25-08-2022, 11:21   #19
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

iPhones have a security feature on by default that spoofs random Mac addresses when connecting to Wi-Fi. It’s called ‘Private Wi-Fi address’. You may have unblocked one, but next connection the iPhone will present as a different device. You can turn the feature off in Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the ‘i’ next to the Wi-Fi you are wanting to join / connected to and turn it off
Old 25-08-2022, 14:23   #20
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I decided to jump into the pool whilst on holiday with my iphone in my pocket.
It didnt survive a deep dive in to the deep end of the pool!

I had an iPhone 8 so decided to get an 11 for the time being as didnt want to spend silly money and will see as the year progresses how the 14 turns out and whether I go for it later in the year instead.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2022, 14:58   #21
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
The thing to remember is that Apple manufacture their products in their own specification. The software, the hardware, the components used, the repairing processes - it's all controlled. This is what allows them to make devices and software that works so much better. They control the quality. They control the integrations. They control what the software on their devices can do. They are inherently more secure, more stable and more reliable as a result of this.

Allowing anyone to 'repair' their devices means that 3rd party manufacturers will be making cheaper parts that are not up to the same standard that Apple designed their systems to utilise, so you end up with a sub-standard piece of kit.

iPhones, you say, are locked down. In what respect are they locked down? Because you cannot easily install and run an application on the phone that has not been vetted? That you have no idea what it is doing in the background? What data could those applications be harvesting?

Android is like Windows. It's a generic OS that has to be made to work with so much hardware it becomes an issue. More bugs, more flaws, more security holes all over the place. Is the user experience and security compromise worth being able to change the theme of your icons? Not in my view.

So yes, Apple products are more expensive. But they have been designed from the ground up with the hardware and software designed to work harmoniously together, providing a much better end-user experience. They are a premium product for a reason.

I get not everyone cares for or wants an Apple device in their life, but more often than not, the anti-Apple protestors are those who have not had very much, or indeed any experience of an Apple device in their day-to-day lives. And that is fine - no one has to. However, I know far, far more people who have gone from Apple to Android and then gone back to Apple. Very, Very few people I know have done the opposite. And whilst this is only my experience and may not be representative overall, in any conversation I have had with others on this topic, they recite the same experiences with their friends and acquaintances.

In summary, Apple products are more expensive, but you pay the premium for hardware and software that is designed and built for one another. No 3rd party specifics involved. They are inherently more secure as everything is in one eco-system and their products all tie in and work seamlessly with one another. Want to carry on with your iMessage conversation on your laptop or desktop now you're at home? Sure. Want to open up your music player and see all the changes you made on another device automatically synced? OK.

At the end of the day, people should just get what suits their needs. If you want cheap and functional, do that. If you want to spend more on something else, do that. It simply doesn't matter. Most manufactures and OS versions have their pros and cons. For my wants and needs, Apple wins hands down and I'm happy to pay a little more for it. They just work, no fuss.

As Mac % share in both the home and business market increases more and more attention by those attempting to perform exploits.

In fact in the past few days Apple have had to implement multiple fixes for 0 day vulnerabilities that were being actively exploited in the wild. (iOS 15.6.1, Safari 15.6.1 & a kernel patch for MacOS Monterey. These exploits were also devastatingly easy to deploy and implement.

Furthermore someone at Blackhat demonstrated a method of bypassing EVERY SINGLE layer of system protection including SIP & the entire Secure Enclave.

MacOS in the enterprise ? Good luck, even the best MDM solution (JAMF nee Casper) isn't a patch on using Microsoft Endpoint Manager or good old SCCM/Configuration Manager with a W10 or W11 laptop. DEP can be defeated by simply not selecting an internet connection at the first boot startup phase. You can't even control updates properly

Don't get me wrong, I like apple, it fits the ecosystem in which I work, but lets not fall into the trap of believing it's ultra secure, or the best hardware possible, because, it isn't.
Old 25-08-2022, 16:27   #22
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
iPhones have a security feature on by default that spoofs random Mac addresses when connecting to Wi-Fi. It’s called ‘Private Wi-Fi address’. You may have unblocked one, but next connection the iPhone will present as a different device. You can turn the feature off in Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the ‘i’ next to the Wi-Fi you are wanting to join / connected to and turn it off

Thanks for that, I'll pass it on.
Old 25-08-2022, 16:37   #23
idi banashapan
step on my trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
As Mac % share in both the home and business market increases more and more attention by those attempting to perform exploits.

In fact in the past few days Apple have had to implement multiple fixes for 0 day vulnerabilities that were being actively exploited in the wild. (iOS 15.6.1, Safari 15.6.1 & a kernel patch for MacOS Monterey. These exploits were also devastatingly easy to deploy and implement.

Furthermore someone at Blackhat demonstrated a method of bypassing EVERY SINGLE layer of system protection including SIP & the entire Secure Enclave.

MacOS in the enterprise ? Good luck, even the best MDM solution (JAMF nee Casper) isn't a patch on using Microsoft Endpoint Manager or good old SCCM/Configuration Manager with a W10 or W11 laptop. DEP can be defeated by simply not selecting an internet connection at the first boot startup phase. You can't even control updates properly

Don't get me wrong, I like apple, it fits the ecosystem in which I work, but lets not fall into the trap of believing it's ultra secure, or the best hardware possible, because, it isn't.
Yep, all true points.

However, Macs in an enterprise environment is a bad plan as it stands. It still tends to be mainly businesses in a design field, or strangely, Estate Agents, who use them in my experience. There will of course be a few out there who want a Mac because they see others with them in the coffee shop. But these days, in terms or ability, there's no real benefit to having them in the workplace over a PC.

Macs are not designed with business or enterprise LAN or WAN in mind. Windows is still king there. But for home use, for the average Joe, Apple products tie in so neatly to one another. The experience is pretty much seamless without the need for 3rd party apps. That means when a vulnerability is found, it can be patched across all platforms straight away, which is what Apple did last week.

No OS is ultra secure. Some though, are more secure than otehrs purely for the nature of their implementation. MS need to make a one-size-fits-as-many-as-it-can OS. They do a fine job. And it's not an easy job. But through no real fault of their own, it does mean their systems are likely to have more holes which can be remotely exploited.

I use a mix of Windows, Apple and Linux. My personal opinion and feel is that Windows is most vulnerable. At the very least, as you correctly mentioned, it is targetted more, and so more likely to fall victim.

I also feel Windows has been really going down the pan over the last few years;
  • The newer taskbar is evidently a rip of Apple's dock, but poorly done. It's not even far off Plank in Linux (which is still better), or Ubuntu's side bar launcher. The Start button itself keeps moving about, meaning any muscle memory for getting to things quickly is lost just by opening an app you haven't pinned. Hell, I can't even put the taskbar at the top of my screen anymore! Why not?!
  • It's a confused, hybrid OS with menu systems that throw up Windows 7 era option screens amonst a mix of flat, seemingly crayon-designed newer menu systems.
  • Finding the option I want within this miriade of menus seems to be getting increasingly difficult. For one example, setting sample rates on audio outputs is now tucked away behind giant texted controls when it used to be right there, readily available.
  • Windows setup asks me if I want more relevent, targeted adverts in the OS - well no, I don't actually want any.
  • MS keep mucking about witht the Start menu - leave it alone. The changes don't actually add any added benefit over the older iterations. It's not harder to get where I need to be. I'm all for change, but it just seems MS are making changes for the sake of making them, not because it is needed.

Yes I know, the above are some pretty first world issues, but where MS used to rule all these areas, they've lost it in my opinion through a lack of good design choices or innovation (which again, they used to be brilliant at).

So there are a number of reasons, of me, why I prefer the Apple eco-system over Windows. And whilst I love Linux, it's still a way off in terms of compatibility levels that both Windows and Apple deliver. Ever tried watching a video in your browser on Linux whilst also doign somethign else? Prime example of a simple GPU integration that's just not quite there yet. That said, for non-intensive or specialist tasks like Photoshop, I do now tend to use Linux over Windows.
Old 25-08-2022, 17:32   #24
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yep, all true points.

However, Macs in an enterprise environment is a bad plan as it stands. It still tends to be mainly businesses in a design field, or strangely, Estate Agents, who use them in my experience. There will of course be a few out there who want a Mac because they see others with them in the coffee shop. But these days, in terms or ability, there's no real benefit to having them in the workplace over a PC.

Macs are not designed with business or enterprise LAN or WAN in mind. Windows is still king there. But for home use, for the average Joe, Apple products tie in so neatly to one another. The experience is pretty much seamless without the need for 3rd party apps. That means when a vulnerability is found, it can be patched across all platforms straight away, which is what Apple did last week.

No OS is ultra secure. Some though, are more secure than otehrs purely for the nature of their implementation. MS need to make a one-size-fits-as-many-as-it-can OS. They do a fine job. And it's not an easy job. But through no real fault of their own, it does mean their systems are likely to have more holes which can be remotely exploited.

I use a mix of Windows, Apple and Linux. My personal opinion and feel is that Windows is most vulnerable. At the very least, as you correctly mentioned, it is targetted more, and so more likely to fall victim.

I also feel Windows has been really going down the pan over the last few years;
  • The newer taskbar is evidently a rip of Apple's dock, but poorly done. It's not even far off Plank in Linux (which is still better), or Ubuntu's side bar launcher. The Start button itself keeps moving about, meaning any muscle memory for getting to things quickly is lost just by opening an app you haven't pinned. Hell, I can't even put the taskbar at the top of my screen anymore! Why not?!
  • It's a confused, hybrid OS with menu systems that throw up Windows 7 era option screens amonst a mix of flat, seemingly crayon-designed newer menu systems.
  • Finding the option I want within this miriade of menus seems to be getting increasingly difficult. For one example, setting sample rates on audio outputs is now tucked away behind giant texted controls when it used to be right there, readily available.
  • Windows setup asks me if I want more relevent, targeted adverts in the OS - well no, I don't actually want any.
  • MS keep mucking about witht the Start menu - leave it alone. The changes don't actually add any added benefit over the older iterations. It's not harder to get where I need to be. I'm all for change, but it just seems MS are making changes for the sake of making them, not because it is needed.

Yes I know, the above are some pretty first world issues, but where MS used to rule all these areas, they've lost it in my opinion through a lack of good design choices or innovation (which again, they used to be brilliant at).

So there are a number of reasons, of me, why I prefer the Apple eco-system over Windows. And whilst I love Linux, it's still a way off in terms of compatibility levels that both Windows and Apple deliver. Ever tried watching a video in your browser on Linux whilst also doign somethign else? Prime example of a simple GPU integration that's just not quite there yet. That said, for non-intensive or specialist tasks like Photoshop, I do now tend to use Linux over Windows.
Most devs/engineers/full stack devs call them what you will, want & use Mac

BTW IBM manages 10,000 MacOS devices with JAMF. At my place my teams manage 3,000 MacOS devices with JAMF & 2,800 with a combination of AD & SCCM.

Their response to the recent 0 day is nothing particularly to be impressed by. especially when take into consideration apples supported method of deployment and installation of updates. The same applies to security tooling such as Netskope, Umbrella, WebTitan, GPCS (Prisma) CrowdStrike all present either configuration, deployment or management challenges.

Apple are wanting to expand further into the enterprise space and have been for some time it's fairly recent purchase of Fleetsmith is testament to this.However, they need to clearly segregate between the home user & the enterprise user and fix the significant issues at the enterprise side.

Their silicon however... is spot on but again, presents significant challenges to the enterprise.

I'm agnostic and use either Windows 11, MacOS or iOS depending on where i am and what i'm doing.
Old 25-08-2022, 21:05   #25
idi banashapan
step on my trip

Quote:
Most devs/engineers/full stack devs call them what you will, want & use Mac
devs and engineers will use whatever is infront of them. they are writing the same code using pretty much the same applications, so it's neither here nor there. personal preference seems to be the defining factor in my experience.

Quote:
BTW IBM manages 10,000 MacOS devices with JAMF. At my place my teams manage 3,000 MacOS devices with JAMF & 2,800 with a combination of AD & SCCM.
yes, it's doable. it's just not as simple as MS on larger scales and in some part, requires some added specifics to ensure a better integration. at Enterprise, MS has been in the game so long, they still rule there.

Quote:
Their response to the recent 0 day is nothing particularly to be impressed by. especially when take into consideration apples supported method of deployment and installation of updates. The same applies to security tooling such as Netskope, Umbrella, WebTitan, GPCS (Prisma) CrowdStrike all present either configuration, deployment or management challenges.
I'm not necessarily saying it was impressive. it's just easier for them to patch on their eco-system. Think about all the versions MS need to patch. even EOL products get specials every now and then if the threat is big enough. That's a lot more work to get it done.

Quote:
Apple are wanting to expand further into the enterprise space and have been for some time it's fairly recent purchase of Fleetsmith is testament to this.However, they need to clearly segregate between the home user & the enterprise user and fix the significant issues at the enterprise side.
agreed. they are not nearly as slick in enterprise at this time.

Quote:
Their silicon however... is spot on but again, presents significant challenges to the enterprise.

I'm agnostic and use either Windows 11, MacOS or iOS depending on where i am and what i'm doing.
not sitting on x86 / x64 architecture means double workload for vendors. is it worth their time when most of the business world sits on MS procudts? maybe not yet. like you say, if Apple become a condender, then things may start to shift. But there are a lot of very focused and particular software setups in production environments that need Windows because there is no Mac equivelent.

For those people who are designing, use systems as a work station with not much more than a shared NAS, or using webapps for the most part (which as you know is a huge shift towards this these days, whith the prevelence of AWS and Azure), it simply doesn't really matter what OS is used - they can both do it. But when you have corporations using shared resources and heavy backend setups such as databases, MS still has their audience. Plus of course, generally speaking, those who work in the area of IT support will tend to know MS much better than Mac, so getting the right level of support for a business infrastructure sitting on Apple products can be tricky. That's a put-off.
Old 25-08-2022, 22:51   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Most devs/engineers/full stack devs call them what you will, want & use Mac .
Says who ?

No one in our company uses Macs, and speaking as a "dev", I've never had the remotest desire to use one.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2022, 23:29   #27
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellah View Post
I hope they will finally make a 144 hz display, also I hope they will return touch ID, face ID does not always work especially when you are wearing mask. Maybe they will be able to integrate their chip M1 in the iPhone, it could be really awesome
Well, you could take your mask off. I did for face id all the way through, as I couldn't pay with the mask on. Or you could not wear one at all as they're for snowflakes these days...

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Says who ?

No one in our company uses Macs, and speaking as a "dev", I've never had the remotest desire to use one.
Tbf, though I don't obviously use a mac for work (they provide the machine anyway) the only thing stopping me from totally switching over is the fact I have so much storage on my PC - which I wouldn't be able to get or add easily on a mac.

I don't think most dev work matters whether it's on a Mac, PC or Linux, provided you can compile it, and anyway, you can always use a VM

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2022, 11:40   #28
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Thread is drifting way off. This thread is for those looking forward to the latest iPhone.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2022, 12:20   #29
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Says who ?

Most US based/led tech companies and certainly those hq’d in SF or up and coming tech locations such as MN
Old 26-08-2022, 14:36   #30
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Thread is drifting way off. This thread is for those looking forward to the latest iPhone.

My current contract doesn’t end till January, currently in a 12 pro not sure the 14 is going to be a big enough upgrade to warrant the expenditure