Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Router

Old 27-10-2007, 19:17   #1
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one
Question Router

Hi, can I run the WAN side of my current WRT54 from the LAN side of a Sky router? (Netgear I believe)

Thanks in advance
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2007, 19:29   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Router

Yus should be able to daisy chain one router to another. You have to mess around with things like DHCP, gateway settings and the like else the traffic won't get passed through the routers correctly.

If in fact it's just that you want to use the WRT54 for it's wireless, the easier option might be to reinstate your ADSL modem, and connect the output from that to the linksys, without needing the netgear. Alternatively you may be able to setup the Linkys to operate purely as an access point with the router functions disabled.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 19:49   #3
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one
Re: Router

Thanks Rob, there are 2 reasons I want to continue with the WRT.

1, Because of the wireless and wired. I have 8 devices feeding off the WRT and would be easier to leave them be.

2, I hate wires on display, my current cm is in a different room to my WRT and if I replaced the WRT I would have to route RJ11 around the skirting as I have laminate flooring but could easily route RJ11 to the cm position under the floor.

Would be much better if I could replace the cm with the Sky item and hook the WRT WAN to the Sky LAN.
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote