Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 11-10-2022, 16:20   #76
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

Hubs installed thought everything was ok BUT im getting QPSK modulation for all 4 upsteams and its saying RANGED rather than LOCKED......

Not sure what to do maybe i need to turn it off again or it needs to settle, what do others have?

edit

Rebooting the Hub5 has given me QAM64 on channels 0-3 for Upstream but it's still showing as Ranged rather than locked, is this anything to worry about?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 11-10-2022 at 16:39.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2022, 16:44   #77
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

On a transmit carrier it'll lock on (ranging) and then be 'ranged' once complete - Looks like different terminology on these modems. Nout to worry about it would seem

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 16:58   #78
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
On a transmit carrier it'll lock on (ranging) and then be 'ranged' once complete - Looks like different terminology on these modems. Nout to worry about it would seem

Tom
Cheers, I've got a nice new WiFi 6 icons on atleast 3 devices now and 31 downstream channels.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
Delivered, plugged in and working all inside of ten minutes - The commissioning process is certainly a lot cleaner than it used to be!

No need to text or call in, reboot multiple times etc. Colour me impressed.
Same crap GUI, but it is what it is

Cool to see a full 31(?) downstream and 5 upstream channels. That's new.
A fantastically wide spread in levels from +1.5 > 7.8 though. Who knows if that's to be expected or not!

The Hub itself weighs a lot more and seems better built. I could be wrong...
I'll give it a little stress testing, see how she performs.

Tom
Only 4 upstreams still for me but my channel spread hasn't changed, its still -1.2 to 2.9.
Old 12-10-2022, 17:27   #79
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

So after my initial refused request for the new router the second request has been accepted hahaha There was a day of work done locally maybe that made the difference or maybe they just had some come in stock hahaha
Old 12-10-2022, 18:05   #80
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
So after my initial refused request for the new router the second request has been accepted hahaha There was a day of work done locally maybe that made the difference or maybe they just had some come in stock hahaha
Glad you don't miss out on the new brick.

Very easy to install, literally just plug it in and eventually you will get a text message saying it's activated then use same box to ship Hub3 back in, will sort that when I can be arsed.
Old 12-10-2022, 18:18   #81
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Glad you don't miss out on the new brick.

Very easy to install, literally just plug it in and eventually you will get a text message saying it's activated then use same box to ship Hub3 back in, will sort that when I can be arsed.
How long was you offline? or did it just work soon as it synced?
Old 12-10-2022, 18:30   #82
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
How long was you offline? or did it just work soon as it synced?
It took around 10mins to sync and the white led on the corner of the hub to stop flashing after that I was online and then got the text saying it's activated.

I then did a manual reboot as all my 4 upstreams showed as QPSK and that returned them to QAM64. Don't get worried when it says RANGED rather than LOCKED though.

It'll want you to change passwords for logging into the Hub if I remember and I kept the other WiFi passwords the same for my network as Hub 3.

You will notice a new WiFi 6 icon on the devices that have that.
Old 12-10-2022, 18:41   #83
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
It took around 10mins to sync and the white led on the corner of the hub to stop flashing after that I was online and then got the text saying it's activated.

I then did a manual reboot as all my 4 upstreams showed as QPSK and that returned them to QAM64. Don't get worried when it says RANGED rather than LOCKED though.

It'll want you to change passwords for logging into the Hub if I remember and I kept the other WiFi passwords the same for my network as Hub 3.

You will notice a new WiFi 6 icon on the devices that have that.
I will have to do a fair bit of messing. I will have to test it all out and decide if I am still going to use my Mesh system for most the wifi. The router mainly will benefit my PC VR with the Meta Quest 2 using Air link which is capable of WiFi 6 and tbh the only reason I wanted this
Old 12-10-2022, 18:50   #84
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

WiFi range was never an issue in my house as router was never more than 15 foot or so away from a device, not tested it's range outside though.

My tablet had lost it's WiFi connection during my work day though, turning WiFi off and on, on the tablet sorted that.

The Hub5 is huge compared to 3.
Old 12-10-2022, 21:56   #85
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Confirming this hasn't started a new contract.
Old 12-10-2022, 22:15   #86
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Confirming this hasn't started a new contract.
Yeah they would have had to say that somewhere.
Old 13-10-2022, 10:26   #87
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

1st try no
2nd try no
3rd try no
4th try, 18th oct :p
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 17:01   #88
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

I tempted fate with this trying to get a new hub 5... my hub 4 died and I rang in and was able to get a replacement ordered, then tried again with order form on the website, seems like I'm getting a hub 5 now on the 24th according to my account.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 23:53   #89
Robin21
cf.member

Robin21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I’m new here, but been lurking for a while. Followed the link on this thread and my Hub 5 arrived today. I’ve got it running in modem mode attached to an Asus XT8 mesh system via the 2.5 gig ports. This is the result of running a speed test from the Asus software.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 01BFD3E5-6FEA-40A2-A4D3-BA6FF60FF703.jpeg (367.3 KB, 65 views)
Robin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2022, 11:03   #90
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

got my email yesterday for the hub 5 upgrade, its coming on the 25th this month.

Also had a reminder email yesterday stating "Just a quick reminder that we’re carrying out essential works to improve our network on Fri 14 Oct, which might interrupt your services."

Maybe the essential works they're carrying out is for more upstream channels.