Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charlie Farley

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Charlie Farley

Old 01-05-2023, 19:44   #16
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Charlie Farley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I knew what I was doing with my reference to the Bible.

Charlie is head of the CoE and an adulterer.
Do you mean just like the Founder of the CoE?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2023, 20:10   #17
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
But then there is Matthew 5 the good old sermon on the mount, isn't there that isn't quite as forgiving or tame
‘Judge not’ is also from the Sermon on the Mount.

I’m not saying Jesus doesn’t expect the lives of his followers to be transformed, rather I’m saying that to point to one sinful act, no matter how egregious, and to use it to declare someone unfit for future office or responsibility, is to completely, comically, fail to grasp how that process of transformation is supposed to work.

Elsewhere, the apostle John wrote, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

This is the part Seph seems to be ignorant of. Anyone can quote a commandment. Christian life, however, is about discipleship, relationship, and a life progressively transformed. It is not a scorecard against a set of rules (and actually, the Old Testament faith of ancient Israel wasn’t that either. At no time did baldly quoting from Exodus settle anything).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 20:20   #18
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Do you mean just like the Founder of the CoE?
Head of the Church of England.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 20:28   #19
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
‘Judge not’ is also from the Sermon on the Mount.

I’m not saying Jesus doesn’t expect the lives of his followers to be transformed, rather I’m saying that to point to one sinful act, no matter how egregious, and to use it to declare someone unfit for future office or responsibility, is to completely, comically, fail to grasp how that process of transformation is supposed to work.

Elsewhere, the apostle John wrote, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

This is the part Seph seems to be ignorant of. Anyone can quote a commandment. Christian life, however, is about discipleship, relationship, and a life progressively transformed. It is not a scorecard against a set of rules (and actually, the Old Testament faith of ancient Israel wasn’t that either. At no time did baldly quoting from Exodus settle anything).
I do agree with you. You only have to look at what sins David committed and he was still blessed.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:
Henry VIII is the founder and he made a mockery of marriage
Old 01-05-2023, 20:32   #20
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I do agree with you. You only have to look at what sins David committed and he was still blessed.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Henry VIII is the founder and he made a mockery of marriage
Well, that's alright, then.

Old 01-05-2023, 20:34   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Just like the Founder of the CoE…
Old 01-05-2023, 20:34   #22
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well, that's alright, then.
I can see both sides but if I was to express a preference I would have no monarchy at all and if pressed I would rather Charlie stood down and William took his place.
Old 01-05-2023, 20:38   #23
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Having this week returned from a few weeks in Oz, that just about sums up their attitude to that idiot.
Where in Oz?
Ms NTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 20:42   #24
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
Where in Oz?
Canberra.

Old 01-05-2023, 23:04   #25
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Adultery - sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than that person's current spouse.

On that note, how is John Redwood?
Are you referring to Nikki Page or Susan Precious? If any nukie took place, is most likely after the separation/divorce.
Old 01-05-2023, 23:23   #26
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
Are you referring to Nikki Page or Susan Precious? If any nukie took place, is most likely after the separation/divorce.
Nikki Page - divorce happened February 2004, Redwood and Page (officially) got together June 2003 (a week after he took a mortgage out on Page’s house.

It’s still adultery until the divorce goes through…
Old 01-05-2023, 23:34   #27
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Nikki Page - divorce happened February 2004, Redwood and Page (officially) got together June 2003 (a week after he took a mortgage out on Page’s house.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Charlie Farley. But at least it's kept Hugh busy researching this crap.

Old 01-05-2023, 23:34   #28
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Quote:

Thanks Hughatha!

But the wife had gone bonkers for 2-3 years before that. They were separated.

Last edited by Ms NTL; 01-05-2023 at 23:54.
Old 02-05-2023, 00:48   #29
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Well if he had not married her to spawn the next generation or committed adultery later then it would be highly unlikely that she would have died in a car crash in Paris and that is without the conspiracy theories about her death being caused deliberately that I do actually believe
Quote:
What Jaymoss said.
LOL. Have you read what you just posted, you sound nuts.

Of course, it was nothing at all to do with the press chasing her then (or the fact she no seat belt on).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:47   #30
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Nothing whatsoever to do with Charlie Farley. But at least it's kept Hugh busy researching this crap.
But it has to do with your adultery comment…