Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 22-12-2021, 18:46   #1111
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yep.

Then I ask you again. How do you know you are not addicted? did having to train at home have a psychological effect on you?
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2021, 18:49   #1112
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
For someone who has suffered from depression you appear to have very little understanding around mental problems

Try empathy Russ you have suffered, I have suffered and still suffer from depression. I have empathy for others and I have a understanding of not only psychology but also physiology

How do you know you are not addicted to training?
Just because someone suffers from something it doesn't mean they have to agree or have the same viewpoint, empathy or care for that matter with someone suffering the very same problem. I find it really odd they you'd expect that.

Social media is based around narcissists, you've only got to say something they don't expect or just disagree with them and they can't handle it. Maybe from their viewpoint they see that as being abused.
Old 22-12-2021, 18:50   #1113
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
did you watch the video?
Nope, there was no video in your post when I started replying to it.
Having checked, its over 15 minutes, I dont have time for that atm.

Quote:
It is mainly the young "The Millennials" that are falling the most foul of trolling on social media
Perhaps they are also the biggest users of it.
Also, Millennials is basically people born between 1981 and 1996 so most of them now are not so young now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 18:53   #1114
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Then I ask you again. How do you know you are not addicted? did having to train at home have a psychological effect on you?
Maybe ascertain the reason why I continued at home first before jumping to conclusions?

The reason I carried on at home is at my age it’s very easy to lose gains, shape, muscle tone and replace it with fat. It’s then even harder to lose that fat and try to build muscle again. After 2 months of inactivity I’m pretty certain I’d lose the vast majority of my gains for the past 5 years.

Did it have a psychological effect, no. Unless you class my not wanting to go out and buy loads of new and more slack clothes to fit me a “psychological effect”.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 22-12-2021 at 19:07.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 18:58   #1115
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nope, there was no video in your post when I started replying to it.
Having checked, its over 15 minutes, I dont have time for that atm.

Perhaps they are also the biggest users of it.
Also, Millennials is basically people born between 1981 and 1996 so most of them now are not so young now.
It includes those born into the 2000s anyway Gen Z can be included with exactly the same reasoning

Basically using social media and getting likes and affirmation releases Dopamine into the brain. This is the same pleasure chemical that triggers addiction to alcohol and gambling and the like. Millennials have grown up with the technology and for a lot it has become a way of life and a very true addiction. When it all turns negative the addiction still exists and it becomes a real problem where it can lead to depression and so on. Sometimes leading to suicide. The very fact that is causes an addiction shows just saying "do not use it" will not work

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Quote:
Maybe ascertain the reason why I continued at home first before jumping to conclusions?

The reason I carried on at home is at my age it’s very easy to lose gains, shape, muscle tone and replace it with fat. It’s then even harder to lose that fat and try to build muscle again. After 2 months of inactivity I’m pretty certain I’d lose the vast majority of my gains for the past 5 years.

Did it have a psychological effect, no. Unless you class my not wanting to go out and buy loads of new and more slack close to fit me a “psychological effect”.
With you continually training you have not gone cold turkey on the chemicals released by your brain so you could well be addicted to them

I was a sports therapist and Martial Artist in another life so know all about training and maintenance and addiction
Old 22-12-2021, 19:04   #1116
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
With you continually training you have not gone cold turkey on the chemicals released by your brain so you could well be addicted to them
Would you mind if I suggest that I know my body better than you?

I had a tooth extraction earlier this year. The dentist advised me to avoid the gym for 2 weeks.

I’m pretty sure a gym addiction would have meant I’d have been crawling up the walls during those 2 weeks. I didn’t, I just got with stuff and returned when the swelling went down.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-12-2021, 19:21   #1117
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Would you mind if I suggest that I know my body better than you?

I had a tooth extraction earlier this year. The dentist advised me to avoid the gym for 2 weeks.

I’m pretty sure a gym addiction would have meant I’d have been crawling up the walls during those 2 weeks. I didn’t, I just got with stuff and returned when the swelling went down.
I asked if you were addicted I never said you were addicted. It is only now you have answered the question and you have added reasoning behind it. Thank you for the answer

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Just because someone suffers from something it doesn't mean they have to agree or have the same viewpoint, empathy or care for that matter with someone suffering the very same problem. I find it really odd they you'd expect that.

Social media is based around narcissists, you've only got to say something they don't expect or just disagree with them and they can't handle it. Maybe from their viewpoint they see that as being abused.
I never said everyone has to agree with me or have the same viewpoint but I am seeing what I perceive as a lack of understanding on the subject and I am surprised someone who suffered/suffers from depression has that little understanding to my perception
Old 22-12-2021, 19:24   #1118
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

You asked and I said I wasn’t but you kept on, giving the impression you weren’t satisfied with my response. I don’t need to justify/explain what I don’t have.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:

I never said everyone has to agree with me or have the same viewpoint but I am seeing what I perceive as a lack of understanding on the subject and I am surprised someone who suffered/suffers from depression has that little understanding to my perception
I’m surprised that you claim to have any real understanding of it for others given how unique and individual each case of depression is.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-12-2021, 19:26   #1119
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
You asked and I said I wasn’t but you kept on, giving the impression you weren’t satisfied with my response. I don’t need to justify/explain what I don’t have.
I was not satisfied with your response because most addicts deny their addiction. You then followed up with more information which did satisfy me. You were free to not answer and I was free to be not satisfied

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote:
I’m surprised that you claim to have any real understanding of it for others given how unique and individual each case of depression is.
Well I have an education in psychology and physiology so I know to a degree how the brain works and I know the effect chemicals and hormones have on the brain
Old 22-12-2021, 19:34   #1120
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I was not satisfied with your response because most addicts deny their addiction.
As do most people who don’t have an addiction.

Im sure in an earlier post you said you prefer to see the positive in people. And I thought I was the cynical one.

Quote:
Well I have an education in psychology and physiology so I know to a degree how the brain works and I know the effect chemicals and hormones have on the brain
You may have some idea of how the brain works, that doesn’t mean you have any advanced understanding or knowledge of how depression affects each individual sufferer.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-12-2021, 19:42   #1121
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
As do most people who don’t have an addiction.

Im sure in an earlier post you said you prefer to see the positive in people. And I thought I was the cynical one.

You may have some idea of how the brain works, that doesn’t mean you have any advanced understanding or knowledge of how depression affects each individual sufferer.
I never said I did but I have empathy and understanding of what it is like to be depressed. And I obviously understand the whole issue around social media and mental health than most here as it seems there is a lot of a denial it even exists.

Even if you were addicted to training I would not have thought it was a bad addiction I was simply trying to get my point across about the chemicals and hormones
Old 22-12-2021, 19:45   #1122
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I was not satisfied with your response because most addicts deny their addiction. You then followed up with more information which did satisfy me. You were free to not answer and I was free to be not satisfied

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Formal or informal?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 19:49   #1123
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I never said I did but I have empathy and understanding of what it is like to be depressed. And I obviously understand the whole issue around social media and mental health than most here as it seems there is a lot of a denial it even exists.
So we’re agreed that a someone previously suffering depression does not automatically make them any kind of authority on how it affects other sufferers? Good, glad we got there eventually.

Quote:
Even if you were addicted to training I would not have thought it was a bad addiction I was simply trying to get my point across about the chemicals and hormones
I don’t care whether you think anything I do is good or bad. You put forward a suggestion, I put you right on it, you refused to accept it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-12-2021, 19:54   #1124
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Formal or informal?
Formal in both all as part of my sports therapy diploma I took in the 90s

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Quote:
So we’re agreed that a someone previously suffering depression does not automatically make them any kind of authority on how it affects other sufferers? Good, glad we got there eventually.

I don’t care whether you think anything I do is good or bad. You put forward a suggestion, I put you right on it, you refused to accept it.
irrelevant to my argument

Why the hostility dude ?
Old 22-12-2021, 20:01   #1125
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Maybe I was feeling targeted and bullied by your persistence that I must be addicted to the gym?

Swings and roundabouts.

Vote #AnyoneButTory