Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

[GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Old 13-05-2011, 18:35   #241
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

no, well not understandable ones. When I asked the question I was told to read the SVN logs lol
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2011, 05:46   #242
kpra

Funny issue!!

from within '192.168.0.1' console, enabling the Dlink DIR-615 router to be used as Access Point, the router took forever to apply the effect.
I pressed the 'refresh' button on the top (the button has 'refresh-like' icon); still it kept doing nothing.
I finally pressed the reset at the back; however; now I can't even access the admin console.
Can someone please help me how to access the console again??
Typing '192.168.0.1' on the address bar returns 'The requested URL could not be retrieved' after a long pause!!
Old 14-06-2011, 13:44   #243
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

you will need to do the 30/30/30 reset thingy now I suspect.

goto ddwrt's wiki and search for the procedure to reset the router to defaults.
Old 22-06-2011, 10:49   #244
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

There is another new version of DD-WRT for those who are running it.

Can be found here:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSla...-14-11-r17201/
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 13:24   #245
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

i have it installed on a D4 version of the hardware and seems fine.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 14:15   #246
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I have installed mine onto a TP Link 1043ND router and also works without a hitch. It would be nice to have a concise changelog though
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 23:30   #247
BB_Fan
Inactive

Services: VM BB (10mb good enough) Satellite for TV
BB_Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have been curious about DD-WRT for a while just recieved a DIR-615 as a freebe from VM. I don't use it as my main router at the moment, so thought I would see what all the fuss was about.

The firmware and update are installed OK

So my question is,

I want to isolate the wireless side from my LAN, (VLAN I think) so that there is no connection between the two, network wise.

Can anyone help me with this ?
BB_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 01:55   #248
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Wireless => Network Configuration => Unbridged.

Then set a seperate IP and subnet for the wireless side.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 08:47   #249
BB_Fan
Inactive

Excellent,

will give it a try today

Many thanks
Old 20-07-2011, 17:37   #250
BB_Fan
Inactive

Dug a little deeper into the wiki and now have better (for me ) solution.

LAN with WLAN & separate Guest WLAN (VAP).

2 subnets.
192.168.1.x for main LAN/WLAN hidden.
192.168.2.x for the Guest WLAN(VAP) broadcast.

All access to LAN and Router restricted from Guest view.
Old 15-11-2011, 15:57   #251
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I'm in need of a work around until TP-Link decide to release their monster. The range on my 615 sucks its because of the structure of my home. Would loading DD WRT increase range, I know theres an option for it to be increased but would the defaults be enough? if not whats a sensible figure and the max figure without water cooling the thing.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 22:27   #252
kybert
Inactive

kybert is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi- I have just used the router database to get the latest version and was given build 15778.

I have installed. Turned off the modem for 5 mins so the thing reconnected to the internet and everything is working.

But, i now only appear to have wireless-g connection at 54Mbps even though my laptop used to connect with -n at 300Mbps.

Can this be changed? when i go to "wireless -> basic settings" and select "N-only" i still only get 54Mbps, and windows 7 says the "radio type" is "802.11g" which i beleive is incorrect! it should be 'n'.

Would also like to know what are "safe" power settings as i have no signal upstairs :-(
kybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 13:50   #253
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybert View Post
Hi- I have just used the router database to get the latest version and was given build 15778.

I have installed. Turned off the modem for 5 mins so the thing reconnected to the internet and everything is working.

But, i now only appear to have wireless-g connection at 54Mbps even though my laptop used to connect with -n at 300Mbps.

Can this be changed? when i go to "wireless -> basic settings" and select "N-only" i still only get 54Mbps, and windows 7 says the "radio type" is "802.11g" which i beleive is incorrect! it should be 'n'.

Would also like to know what are "safe" power settings as i have no signal upstairs :-(
all versions 15xxx seem to have wireless speed issues, the dev says they strictly adhering to RFC now and this seems to cause problems, so I advise to downgrade to 14929
Old 09-12-2011, 15:37   #254
Lynchy
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V.I.P + 50mb
Lynchy is an unknown quantity at this point

Build 17967 was released Wednesday, anybody tried it?

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSla...dlink-dir615d/
Lynchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 00:13   #255
moonie798
Inactive

moonie798 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just installed 17967 and all working ok so far, however......

Through a "wired" connection i can pull 50,000kbps download speed (VM 50 Meg Line). Through a wireless connection (wireless N on my laptop) i can only pull 20,000kbps.

Before the update i was using the 1.00VG (standard) Firmware and was pulling 50Meg both wired and wireless.

Any ideas people?
moonie798 is offline   Reply With Quote