Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-05-2011, 22:50   #331
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I'd agree with that summing up denphone, and that often tends to be the case with other companies as well which outsource customer service to Indian call centres.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2011, 01:18   #332
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

virgin media have the worse customer service of any company i have ever conacted, i have working in communications for over 7 years and managed business sales teams for several top company's and if any of my people spoke or delt with people the way virgin media do i would fire them on the spot
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 13:06   #333
ErnieBean
Inactive

ErnieBean is infamous around these partsErnieBean is infamous around these parts

Virgin Media customer services are just as bad as the rest of virgin media.
What they need is some strong competition.
Wanted to change my box to a V+ Total charge was going to be £140.00
Been a customer since it was telewest. but will change if BT Vision shows
an improvement
ErnieBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 00:05   #334
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

speak to disconnections see what they can do for you
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 07:21   #335
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
speak to disconnections see what they can do for you
I think he already has according to his posts in another thread and the prices are standard for that upgrade and he may be best enquiring about TiVo at that price.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 14:48   #336
ErnieBean
Inactive

ErnieBean is infamous around these partsErnieBean is infamous around these parts

Customer services are only interested in two things.
upgrades and new customers
any thing else don't waste your time unless you are willing to cancel VM
ErnieBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26   #337
fiddy
Inactive

fiddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never really had any major issues with virgin. Since stepping up to their 50meg though I do feel I'm not getting my true speeds and they keep saying its not true.

But a happy customer in general
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:00   #338
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
This thread is for everyone to note their good/ bad experiences with Virgin Media's customer service department.

Please vote in the poll, and if you have an additional comments please feel free to leave them here!
I've had my share of problems recently particularly with TiVo

All my calls to support have been excellent, I have been helped, guided and calmed down by very cheerful helpful folk,

I can't speak to highly of all the staff I have spoke to in particular those that work in CEO's office , totally professional and I do believe they actually care

So That's been my experience and I have made many calls over he past 2 months
Old 19-08-2011, 22:43   #339
Sooty Baxter
Inactive

Sooty Baxter is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Great if you get a UK call centre. I phoned up to enquire about Caller ID yesterday to be told that YES it was available in Brighton (our area was the last to be enabled). The very helpful Scotsman who sorted it said it would take up to 24 hours and it was actually done in about 1 hour! Despite being a Scot, I could understand every word he said - which sadly isn't true of the offshore call centres. Sometimes the problem is with the quality of the line to India not just their accent and scripted replies.
Sooty Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 16:38   #340
beergut100
Inactive

beergut100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooty Baxter View Post
Sometimes the problem is with the quality of the line to India not just their accent and scripted replies.
I agree with this. I spoke to a quite well-spoken Indian woman today, and there was no issue with her accent, but the line was so bad I kept having to get her to repeat herself. I DID tell her that it was the line which was bad, but it made me feel a bit rude nevertheless.
beergut100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 23:17   #341
Nicosia
Inactive

Nicosia is an unknown quantity at this point

I Generally dont need to call them hardly ever and in the many years of service since ntl and the 512kb only connections for £40 a month I have probably only needed to ring 4-5 times for actual problems so the service is very good here but the call centres are poor but who cares when I dont even need them hardly ever..

I get indian people who dont speak a word of english and when I get a uk call centre is one up north who may as well be from india as (no offence to northerners) but I dont understand them either lol. Not that they understand my "posh" cambridge accent either

I am happy like this having a great service and never needing to call them.. I would hate it if it was the other way around.
Nicosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2012, 18:47   #342
kafui
Inactive

Services: Services:Virgin Media XL Broadband,500GB TiVo box, XL TV and M Phone
kafui is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an experience today Saturday 28th Januray 2012 when i received my upgrade contract from the post.
My new contract had a few billing issues which were not clear to me as when i agreed this new contract certain aspects of my loyalty discount and other charges were not clarified in the same way.
I was offered a Tivo 500gb, broadband 10mb and telephone M all for £46.90 with my discount but my new contract read £54.90.First three months was going to be £34.90 but this was not clearly shown on the new contract.
So idecided to call virginmedia retentions teams to ask for a clarification of this new contract. When i was put through i spoke to a lady in the dept explaining the reason for my call and she started of so rudely. I then explained that it was not explained to me that way but all i wanted was a contract that clearly gave a break down of what i will pay as per my earlier discussion with outbound retentions who prepared my bill. The lady's attitude then shifted to 'overdrive' saying that You have got the offer so whats the problem here. I then said to her i need it in writing as i had suffer from a similar experience. She kept on on and i said to her just send me a letter to that effect.
After i ended the conversation i thought back at the whole conversation and said to myself no want should talk me like this, after all i am paying for a service so i expected to be treated fairly and politely.
I then called retentions back and told them to cancel my upgrade installation and have given notice for collection of virginmedia equipment.
Another service provider out there will give me a better service.
kafui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 10:12   #343
jaf1968
Inactive

jaf1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just experienced the exact opposite. Called at 10am last Saturday as my new contract wasn't the price I was expecting and I had an installation fee listed.
Lady who I spoke to was polite, helpful and friendly. Got everything sorted in one call.

Think it just depends who you get through to on the day. No excuse for rudeness though, as you say we are paying them!
jaf1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00   #344
cart239
Inactive

Services: VM Talk Evenings & Weekends. VM 30MB Broadband. Samsung V+HD Box & VM TV XL.
cart239 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have been a TW/VM customer since 2004 & only in last 2 or 3 weeks have I had my 1st problems with them. I managed to speak to a British advisor who helped me resolve at least 1 issue & received a reduction in my bill due to this. When I asked about another issue she could not give me a direct answer.

Then to cap it all I find out that my parents next door neighbour who has also been a customer as long as I have & she received a courtesy call from VM asking if she would like to switch to a Tivo box with installation fee waved.

When I enquired, I was going to have to pay the installation fee!! Argh!

I wish VM would make their mind up about loyalty to their long standing customers.
cart239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:23   #345
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart239 View Post
Hi,
I have been a TW/VM customer since 2004 & only in last 2 or 3 weeks have I had my 1st problems with them. I managed to speak to a British advisor who helped me resolve at least 1 issue & received a reduction in my bill due to this. When I asked about another issue she could not give me a direct answer.

Then to cap it all I find out that my parents next door neighbour who has also been a customer as long as I have & she received a courtesy call from VM asking if she would like to switch to a Tivo box with installation fee waved.

When I enquired, I was going to have to pay the installation fee!! Argh!

I wish VM would make their mind up about loyalty to their long standing customers.
Yes l phoned up to get a complete breakdown of my bill as l believe they are overcharging me by at least £4 and first of all l got this american accent on the line and l was stating to him via a print out of my bill online what l am being charged on my bundles and what l believe l should be paying and he tried to come out with a load of nonsense and to be perfectly honest l do not think he knew exactly what he was talking about so then l phoned up again and got a Scottish accent on the end of the phone which l could understand but alas the same confusement when l tried to explain to her transpired and she was adamant that l was not being overcharged but l still believe l am but what also irritates me is two things and that is one loyalty seems to mean nothing as any loyalty discounts seem to have disappeared totally since l have got my TiVo's and two their bills are a maze of different charges and fees that hardly anybody knows whether they are being charged the right amount or are being overcharged for their packages.