Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2010, 01:23   #301
trickii
Inactive

trickii is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer out of service

The BBC is reported to have asked for an explaination from Virgin Media chairman after it was revealed it that it inadvertently billed a blind and severely disabled person for nearly a year when the house had been distroyed.

Further rumours confirm that the struggling operator had a received a takeover approach from Talk Talk.With further redundancies and rumours it cannot meet debts in the air there is a real possiblility these rumours are true.
trickii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2010, 01:50   #302
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media Customer out of service

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickii View Post
The BBC is reported to have asked for an explaination from Virgin Media chairman after it was revealed it that it inadvertently billed a blind and severely disabled person for nearly a year when the house had been distroyed.

Further rumours confirm that the struggling operator had a received a takeover approach from Talk Talk.With further redundancies and rumours it cannot meet debts in the air there is a real possiblility these rumours are true.
What utter rubbish, source please... and struggling??? I don't think so
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 14:42   #303
weenell
Inactive

weenell is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I called Virgin Media today and Oh My God!!!!!! waste of my time, i have called 4 times over the last two weeks due to the signal, the customer services person wanted to send a technician on the days i work, not the days i dont. I had to demand they send someone out on the only day off i have left this week.

I wanted to cancel Virgin Media, but i was told i had verbaly agreed to sign up for another year!!!! i really dont think so, i was passed around from dept to dept, I did eveything it tells you at the start of the phone call, you know the bit where they say, take this out and put this on now switch it off, take out the plug then put it back in!!!!!!!

I work five 12 hour shifts a week with two days off, a little escape into my TV world is all i need for a quick lift, so for the fact i have had NO tv for two weeks i am getting £10 back............are you kidding me!!!!!!

I notice the signal only disrupted after the world cup!!!!! Virgin do not appear to care about Joe Blog, that was very clear after talking to there Customer Services in the last two weeks.

I really dont like Sky, but suddenly see the appeal.
weenell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 18:36   #304
mikegray
Inactive

mikegray is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

if anybody has serious problems with virgin media customer sevices,contact ispa on the net, fill in their complaints form they will sort your problem,
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 18:07   #305
ecosse
Inactive

ecosse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Virgin Customer support must be the best advert SKY could possibly have
From Fri 1st They have been fobbing me off and I have been without after receiving my new V+ box (that they sent to the wrong address, It must have a printing error on the serial number ?
Anyway if not resolved by 21:00 Local then goodbye Mr Branson
ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 23:23   #306
Thelab
Inactive

Thelab is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had to call CS a few times, talk to someone in the UK and issues are soon resolved. techs that I have dealt with have been first class but talk to someone in their off-shore call centre and they just take the p*** out of you.
Today I have no internet, connected via mobile and the status page shows all is ok in my area, a call to off-shore centre says that there is a problem and that the status page is only updated if the fault is going to be on longer than 15-20 days. this was after asking me to power my pc off and on again.
Two hours later, called the 0800 number for 50M support and he did no checks and told me "The big box that all the wires go into at the end of my street is broken and wont be fixed until Wednesday".
Where does VM get these comedians ?
Thelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:09   #307
TazFTO
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Phone
TazFTO is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been a VM (NTL/Telewest) customer for about 10 years. I like the broadband & phone, but can't stand the laggy TV & appalling customer service.

Moved house recently....

Broadband- VM engineer fitted the wrong router, so I had no web connection. 1 week later, I can now connect to the web, but I have a slower connection on 50Mbit than I had on the previous 20Mbit. Strange how some broadband tests show 4Mbit & some show 283Mbit for my 50Mbit link, but even doing a download test to a VM server only gives a max of 3Mbit.

Phone - They gave me a recycled number, so I got calls throughout the night for someone else. Called them, they changed the number 24 hours later for another recycled number.

TV - Had to go for the V+ as the new landlord won't allow a Sky dish, all I can get is stereo sound, called VM customer services, who didn't understand what 5.1 was, then told me to turn the TV sound up, eventually telling me that it's my optical cable into the Amp that's at fault (even though it's fine on other devices). They're sending out an engineer to have a look and "probably replace the cables".
TazFTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 13:14   #308
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Taz: What channels/content are you expecting to get 5.1 on?
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 13:28   #309
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Welcome! Have you tried turning on "HDMI Audio Override" in the V+ Settings menu?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 14:08   #310
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Had a poor TV picture for a few weeks - a lot of channels pixellating. Finally called 151 and got an overseas call centre. The connection was clear, as was the tech's accent. He checked the line and agreed there was a problem, then arranged for an engineer to visit on the following Saturday morning (this was Thursday). Engineer arrived mid-morning, even with the travelling problems. He checked the signal levels, changed the box, downed a cup of tea and left. All problems solved with prompt professionalism. Nice to see!
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 14:43   #311
TazFTO
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
Taz: What channels/content are you expecting to get 5.1 on?
Shadow - I tried it on 5 or 6 of the HD channels & a few HD recordings. Even resorted to trying X-factor (shame on me).

Spiderplant -
I tried turning on "HDMI Audio Override", it gave a different volume level, but no surround sound, VM customer service told me to switch that back to "Off" (which didn't help).

The surround sound setup I have is fine on the Xbox & PC, but has a very slight echo on the V+ box, so it may be a faulty sound card in the V+.

I'll try a few more channels & maybe some more cables tonight. Being a bit of a geek I have the Chord HDMI & some good optical ones too.
Thanks for the prompt responses guys.
Old 06-12-2010, 15:33   #312
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTO View Post
I tried turning on "HDMI Audio Override", it gave a different volume level, but no surround sound
The volume generally drops when you switch to Dolby, so that's a good sign. Possibly the programme you were tuned to didn't have 5.1.

The "Preview" shown when BBC HD is off-air has a 5.1 test card periodically. It's good for testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTO View Post
VM customer service told me to switch that back to "Off" (which didn't help).
No, it wouldn't help! Off = stereo, on = 5.1
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17   #313
TazFTO
Inactive

Got it working, phoned VM because the broadband wasn't "special", tried downloading a file from microsoft technet & was only getting 500Kbps not KB, Kb. The engineer said that the superhub's power was "outside of working parameters", but while he was on the phone, I explained the issue. He suggested I disconnected V+ altogether from the coax cable, power & all other connections, leave it 10 mins, then retry.
The wonders of a reboot....

Now I have surround sound, on a few of the HD channels (so I guess that's based on the programme being broadcast).

Now for the Broadband to be fixed... 50Mbit link should be a little faster - as a test, I tried connecting to newsgroups on the VM news server, got 3Mbit max. I used to have the 20Mbit link at a different house & got 18Mbit.

Thanks for your help on the TV surround sound folks.
Old 09-12-2010, 15:48   #314
chill_fm
Permanently Banned

chill_fm is infamous around these partschill_fm is infamous around these parts

i have phone a few times at certain times an when phone in the evening which is normally the bad time to do so is i get the indian call centre to which iam really sick an tired of
dont understand a word they are saying how we suppose to get things sorted if they dont no themselves...
when i phone in early evening usually some 1 from retentions dept its always good 2 speak with some 1 who is normal an be able to deal with the call there and then an not having to wait longer. or having them to repeat several times to understand the it
chill_fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30   #315
TazFTO
Inactive

For the continuing saga... Phoned VM to tell them that the Surround Sound was working but that I'd still need an engineer for the Broadband, "Andy" at VM said that the engineer booked would not be able to help, so he cancelled that engineer & said he'd put me through to the Broadband team - then hung-up.
Re-rang to speak to the broadband team, "Peter" said he would have to do some checks before booking an engineer, even after I told him that their own SuperHub support had said that it needed an engineer out to increase the power in the superhub & that nothing could be done remotely.
Peter then went through a script relating to limited Wireless connectivity - I kept telling him that I was using a wired connection. He was obviously looking at a different superhub as most of the options he was asking me to confirm were not where he was saying they were. He attempted to remote onto the Superhub & couldn't so he said that his manager would call back in the next 30 minutes.
90 Minutes later I phoned VM again as no-one had called. "Mary" said that the engineer would be out as requested. I thought that was the end of it.
Over 2 hours after I was expecting to get the manager call, she phoned. She then changed the wireless settings (changed the broadcast channel to 13 & hid the SSID) saying that will have fixed the problem I've been having with my wired PC only getting (now up to) 20Mbit from a 50Mbit link. By changing the channel to 13, she disconnected my wife's laptop from the internet as the laptop can only use the lower channels.
I ran a quick test & proved that the changes were as much use as a chocolate teapot to a Namibian rhino. She then said she'd send an engineer....
Oh, to add insult to injury, she stayed logged in, locking me out of the Superhub for the next hour.