Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charlie Farley

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Charlie Farley

Old 23-05-2023, 00:00   #151
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Charlie Farley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well yes he is, simply saying otherwise doesnt make it so, any more then you can break the law and claim "its not my law".
You are being literal. I was being figurative but everyone on this thread knows this
Old 23-05-2023, 12:33   #152
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I agree that the monarchy holds the rigid class system in place, although Charlie might weaken it because he’s such a Burke.

Though, if you look at countries without monarchy, say Austria (which I know something about) a new hierarchy and thus class structure emerges because of the honours system. Elites always set something up for themselves.

Sin, if we lose the monarchy, we lose the tourist attraction and the substitution won’t benefit us one jot.
Let's get the old "we lose the tourist attraction" trope out of the way first. The ex-royal palaces of Versailles and, which you should know well, The Hofburg in Vienna are ones of the most visited tourist attractions in Europe.

As for your replacement theory, the main difference is that you can legislate to moderate any artificial structures that try and form. This is something you cannot do when the monarchy is effectively outside of the constraints you might put in place for the population. For example, I believe no inheritance tax was paid on personal wealth handed down from the late Queen. You also have the anomaly that is the Crown Estates & Duchy of Cornwall - again outside of the normal governance applied to the population as a whole.

For example,

https://www.accountancydaily.co/pac-...ments-medieval

Quote:
An aide to Prince Charles has admitted that his estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, has a 'very unusual' tax status but denied that it was a 'medieval anomaly' in evidence to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).

William Nye, Prince Charles' private secretary, described it as a 'private estate' which is 'a force for social good' and could not be compared to a conventional corporation or commercial entity. While Prince Charles voluntarily pays income tax on the Duchy's annual surplus the estate itself is exempt from capital gains and corporation taxes and is worth an estimated £762m.
Old 24-05-2023, 10:16   #153
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Oh yes let's blame the royal family for all the ills of the country instead of the present government that really has the power to change everyone's lives for the better.Not exactly doing a terrific job at present are they?
Old 24-05-2023, 10:48   #154
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Oh yes let's blame the royal family for all the ills of the country instead of the present government that really has the power to change everyone's lives for the better.Not exactly doing a terrific job at present are they?
No one is doing this
Old 24-05-2023, 11:54   #155
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
No one is doing this
Correct.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 12:07   #156
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
These "Not my King" idiots should note that as a British subject he IS your King.
William & Kate will be OUR King and Queen too mate. The future Queen mother and Queen father left a gift for you

Mod edit (Chris): Please take care with image sizes. If you choose to re-upload the one I’ve removed, use the option to re-size it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...sold-tr2t2qf0k

It's only £220K. Cough up pronto! Balloons are complimentary.

Who is the idiot mate?

Last edited by Chris; 29-05-2023 at 13:11.
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 18:18   #157
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
William & Kate will be OUR King and Queen too mate. The future Queen mother and Queen father left a gift for you

Mod edit (Chris): Please take care with image sizes. If you choose to re-upload the one I’ve removed, use the option to re-size it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...sold-tr2t2qf0k

It's only £220K. Cough up pronto! Balloons are complimentary.

Who is the idiot mate?
I'm afraid that is how the system works. They spend, we pay. Don't worry, I am sure you could wave a little flag if you have one
Old 29-05-2023, 19:22   #158
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

This has nothing at all to do with the royal family - it was coronavirus loan from Natwest.
I'm sure lots of [business] people took them out, and I'm quite sure that others failed as well.

The company was formed over 35 years ago, and basically failed due to the pandemic, not the first.
The fact they were Kates parents appears totally irrelevant, unless you think the royals should have bailed them out ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 20:00   #159
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
This has nothing at all to do with the royal family - it was coronavirus loan from Natwest.
I'm sure lots of [business] people took them out, and I'm quite sure that others failed as well.

The company was formed over 35 years ago, and basically failed due to the pandemic, not the first.
The fact they were Kates parents appears totally irrelevant, unless you think the royals should have bailed them out ?
Bottom bit all depends on if it was a viable business or not
Old 29-05-2023, 20:09   #160
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

We used to get stuff for our kids’ parties from Party Pieces all the time. It was a good idea, lots of party ideas all in one place and it wasn’t a rip off either.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 21:14   #161
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
I'm afraid that is how the system works. They spend, we pay. Don't worry, I am sure you could wave a little flag if you have one
I want the balloons!

Octopus promised me a fluffy octopus, I never got one!

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Quote:

Exactly. Why don't they put one of their houses for sale to cover the loses?
James Matthews (Pipa's husband ) bailed James Middleton umpteen times. Millions....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...istration.html

James's great ideas:personalised marshmallows, Nice Cakes, Nice Wine and Nice Group ...and of course Ella & Co – a company for the ‘happiness and wellbeing’ of dogs. All belly up

Imagine you and I, asking Venture capital managers to fund such daft ideas, like James's, they will tell us to get lost. But James has the links...

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:

It was a joke Paul. Free balloons for £220K?

They can sell one of their houses to cover the bill or ask Matthews (again) to pay up

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Bottom bit all depends on if it was a viable business or not

They got a loan, they have the money, just pay up!

Last edited by Ms NTL; 29-05-2023 at 21:18.
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 00:24   #162
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Austerity? Covid? Putin?
Old 30-05-2023, 09:37   #163
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

If you took everything from the Royal family how much of the national debt would be paid off?Apparently they have around $34 billion in assets..I suspect that it just wouldn't be enough to help out..

Government debt? Hard to find out the total.

This is the best I could find.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nment-debt-uk/

So I guess raiding Charley's coffers just won't cover it..
Old 30-05-2023, 10:10   #164
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Austerity? Covid? Putin?
You missed one out
Old 03-06-2023, 15:13   #165
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
You missed one out
Ah, yes. Labour’s obsession with cakes!