Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Looking at deals with sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Looking at deals with sky

Old 09-05-2023, 21:34   #1
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Looking at deals with sky

Been looking at deals with sky Q.

Currently on the fullhouse package and have been since 2018 with a 350mb BB upgrade but well out of contract now. We also have talk weekends, our current price is £112 a month.

I've been looking at deal with the NHS and we can get a SKY Q box with Sky tv + netflix and the UHD+HD package for £33 a month

I was thinking of getting that and dropping Virgin tv and phone line but staying with their BB.

We don't watch sport or movies so is there anything missing from Sky that virgin don't have?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2023, 22:12   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Looking at deals with sky

If you search around you can get friend and family referrals for Sky dunno if that beats the NHS deal
Old 10-05-2023, 08:39   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Been looking at deals with sky Q.

Currently on the fullhouse package and have been since 2018 with a 350mb BB upgrade but well out of contract now. We also have talk weekends, our current price is £112 a month.

I've been looking at deal with the NHS and we can get a SKY Q box with Sky tv + netflix and the UHD+HD package for £33 a month

I was thinking of getting that and dropping Virgin tv and phone line but staying with their BB.

We don't watch sport or movies so is there anything missing from Sky that virgin don't have?
Only the Virgin Ultra HD channel I think, but with Sky, you get Sky Atlantic. They are probably the only principal differences in content you will notice.

There is also a better choice of streamers, including Apple TV+.
Old 10-05-2023, 21:21   #4
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Managed to get a deal with VM they tried to say if we left for SKY at £33 a month then it would cost us £60 a month for the stand alone 350m BB which is nonsense. After some debate we've gone from £112 a month to £68 a month for 18 month then £91 after to stay on the same package.

So a bit of a win at the moment
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2023, 20:02   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Managed to get a deal with VM they tried to say if we left for SKY at £33 a month then it would cost us £60 a month for the stand alone 350m BB which is nonsense. After some debate we've gone from £112 a month to £68 a month for 18 month then £91 after to stay on the same package.

So a bit of a win at the moment
Standalone Broadband on VM is expensive.

On the TV comparison side, Sky no longer carries Eden HD, TCM HD, & ITV Be HD, although the latter is available on demand.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2023, 21:02   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Standalone Broadband on VM is expensive.

On the TV comparison side, Sky no longer carries Eden HD, TCM HD, & ITV Be HD, although the latter is available on demand.
Really? I only pay £20pm for 250Mb. I'm quite happy with that.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2023, 17:52   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Just to bump this.

Is it still possible to get good deals on Sky with Sky Q? It seems they're pushing everyone to Sky Steam but my main purpose for the television package is live sport and i really don't want to be on a delay.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 02:29   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It seems they're pushing everyone to Sky Steam ...
Everytime I have tried to look at Sky Stream on the site it just tells me I already have Sky, and wont display prices, options or even any information. Its like they are doing the opposite, pushing me away from it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2023, 17:24   #9
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

It sounds like you are looking to leave Virgin Media Paul.

Sky Q is, to me, a far better product as it carries more channels and isn't reliant on the internet. Plus I think that you cannot record programmes like you can with Sky Q and I think that there are far fewer channels available on Sky Stream when compared to Sky Q. I would also imagine that Sky Stream will not work if you don't have a required internet speed which many do not have. And iirc you have to pay extra to fast forward through commercial breaks.

And as Damien rightly points out, everything you watch online took place 30-60 seconds ago whereas via digital television, what you see live happened just a few seconds earlier.

Last edited by Rillington; 28-09-2023 at 17:31.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2023, 03:48   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
It sounds like you are looking to leave Virgin Media Paul.
Nah, I havent had Virgin Media TV for a long time now.
Ive been a sky customer for over 20 years (Sky+HD atm).

I simply wanted to check out Sky Steam, but the site always made that impossible.
I tried it again last week, and it finally now allows me to generate an actual price/quote.
I am not planning to switch anytime soon, and if I did, it would likely be to SkyQ anyway, not Stream.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2023, 14:27   #11
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Thank you for the clarification.

Where is their customer facing operation based? UK or has it been offshored and, if so, where?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2023, 19:01   #12
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Thank you for the clarification.

Where is their customer facing operation based? UK or has it been offshored and, if so, where?
I’m new to Sky (Stream) and have only talked to UK support staff, who have been excellent.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2023, 14:45   #13
Kiebry1996
cf.member

Kiebry1996 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had nothing but bad luck with Sky Q. Our multiroom doesn't work, neither does on demand. They claim it's our wifi, but our wifi is with Sky!

Absolute joke. Avoid
Kiebry1996 is offline   Reply With Quote