Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 24-03-2023, 09:46   #466
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road
Re: Price rises this year.

Still no notification for me. My contract was renewed in December, maybe they're only giving increases to contract of a certain age? It would be pretty hard to argue their costs increased 20% in 3 months.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2023, 10:24   #467
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
Still no notification for me. My contract was renewed in December, maybe they're only giving increases to contract of a certain age? It would be pretty hard to argue their costs increased 20% in 3 months.
Does your contract detail an annual increase every April?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 10:40   #468
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think if you are staying with VM then to keep cost down only have a package you most need . i most likely stay with VM their products are good for the most part i have M250 but never get that speed most i get is around 90 / 100 meg i have the tv going to cancel that i can get all i need from freesat / now tv & home phone evenings / weekends only so re-cap think my new package is M50 & home phone only will do ?
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 11:40   #469
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My landing page to this forum is https://www.nthellworld.uk/home.php

Guess what story a link points to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm.jpg (357.9 KB, 41 views)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 11:42   #470
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I would imagine that your safe as youre not even "mid term".

Last edited by Peter729; 24-03-2023 at 11:49.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 12:05   #471
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My landing page to this forum is https://www.nthellworld.uk/home.php

Guess what story a link points to?
4.5% was indeed 'whopping' back then, but what does that make this year's 13.8%?!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 12:10   #472
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
4.5% was indeed 'whopping' back then, but what does that make this year's 13.8%?!
If only it was 13.8%! I suspect that “average” is calculated including the very lowest basic charges and new customers who are exempt. Most rises seem to be 20% or higher. Mine is 25%
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 12:25   #473
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
If only it was 13.8%! I suspect that “average” is calculated including the very lowest basic charges and new customers who are exempt. Most rises seem to be 20% or higher. Mine is 25%
I was just comparing the headline rates but the average will be based on list prices, not our monthly payments. It sucks, but that's VM's business model for you - artificially inflated prices offset by heavy discounting.

My increase is 23% in terms of monthly payment, though my letter said the rise wouldnt apply until the end of my the promotional period (first time I've had a fixed price contract, rather than fixed discount). My current deal ends in August so I'm going to wait until then before deciding what to do next as VM is seemingly not only the most expensive in terms of list prices, it will also have the highest price increases of all from next year. Caveat emptor.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 22:26   #474
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
That seems to be the case but I still expect you would get contacted as for those of us exempt we are still been notified of contract changes to affect us for next year.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2023, 23:18   #475
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I got the email a couple of weeks ago. Called them recently and the would only offer me £57 for 350mb BB+phone or £51 for 350mb BB+TV+phone. I called again the next day and got 350mb BB+phone+tv with two personal picks for £53. I'm only losing BT sport from the channels we watch and have cut the price in more than half of what they were wanting to charge for our previous package.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2023, 18:07   #476
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

What price rise ! Was paying prior to rise around £68* now paying £48 no change to package . * So + around £15 extra ? Would be around £83 I guess , what idiot came up with this plan.
Old 03-04-2023, 23:48   #477
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Decided to call retentions today (a whole day before the price change - eek!) - and to my utter astonishment, the chap immediately said he'd wave all price rises without me even threatening to leave. Probably could have haggled, but who has the time?

£38 for 'Maxit', 500meg BB and not forgetting the all-important landline!
I'm happy enough with that.

I mentioned that I didn't want the 'volt' SIM anymore and to my surprise, they said it was only dealt with via O2 and they can't change their packages. Another clal to make...

Still grates with me that they offer 50% off the price rise, just by calling their automated payment line...

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:23   #478
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

These inconsistent pricing plans will be their undoing, people talk and share now. You're paying £3 a month more than me with only 250 BB

VM won't see me for dust this time next year when the competition BB is in place.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:45   #479
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
These inconsistent pricing plans will be their undoing, people talk and share now. You're paying £3 a month more than me with only 250 BB

VM won't see me for dust this time next year when the competition BB is in place.

I agree.

I think people are smart enough to realise that being offered a large discount from a high list price is not necessarily a good measure of value.

Last edited by Peter729; 04-04-2023 at 11:49.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 18:04   #480
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Biggest price rise in history, then 2 major outages in a day. Good to see something's never change
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote