Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PAC code nightmare

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

PAC code nightmare

Old 08-10-2010, 19:12   #1
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute
PAC code nightmare

I got a PAC code off virgin mobile yesterday, phoned my new provider (tesco) who said the code wouldn't work. So I phoned virgin again to check I had written down the code correctly (which I had) then phoned Tesco back again. The code still didn't work.

So today i phone virgin again and after explaining the problem get put through to the technical team who re-do the PAC code for me saying it will still be the same code but should work now and that they have put a marker on my accont to call me back in a few hours (this was at about 4.30pm). Off to tesco again and guess what, the code doesn't work and says it's mismatched.

Has anyone got any advice they can give me to help get this sorted out and do you think they will ring me back?

Cheers.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2010, 19:19   #2
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Re: PAC code nightmare

might be worth your while visiting the shop itself at:-

Virgin Media Store

98 Cleveland Centre Linthorpe Road
Middlesbrough
TS1 2JZ
07982 618288

they might be able to get more done if you are physically there when you phone tesco's?
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 19:29   #3
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Hi djmagnifique, when i worked for o2 this was never a problem (just a misunderstanding between the customer and customer services), what i mean by this is due to the cust writing the PAC code wrond and the advisor misuntersatnding the PAC code.
So can i ask a few questions about this:

1, Are TESCO actually filling out a pac request form and not a migration form? ( As they maybe filling out the wrong form )

2, Are you talking to the tech support at TESCO or is it cust services?( As i worked in cust services and some people did not know the correct form)

Cheers devilincarnate

devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 21:12   #4
djmagnifique
cf.geek

djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Hi djmagnifique, when i worked for o2 this was never a problem (just a misunderstanding between the customer and customer services), what i mean by this is due to the cust writing the PAC code wrond and the advisor misuntersatnding the PAC code.
So can i ask a few questions about this:

1, Are TESCO actually filling out a pac request form and not a migration form? ( As they maybe filling out the wrong form )

2, Are you talking to the tech support at TESCO or is it cust services?( As i worked in cust services and some people did not know the correct form)

Cheers devilincarnate

I've called Virgin back twice since getting the pac code, the first time was to check I had written it down correctly which I had done.

in answer to your questions.

1. As far as i'm aware Tesco are using the correct form as they ask me for the mobile number I want to keep. Both virgin and tesco have advised me that all mobile companies use the same website for generating and entering pac codes.

2. I'm talking to customer services by dialing 4455 from my mobile, this is the number stated on all the paperwork I got from Tesco when I received the sim card from tesco.

@Scrubbs, I would go to the shop but between me going to work, my wife going to work and having to look after the kids it's hard to find the time to get there.
Old 09-10-2010, 14:06   #5
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Hi djmagnifique, i know that all mobile companies use the same system for generating the PAC code.
I have been racking my brains about this and just wondered if the TESCO mobile is contract or pay and go? As if it is pay and go you normally have to put credit on the sim to activate it.
Also is your virgin mobile number still active?

Trying to go through all the options about this for you.
Old 09-10-2010, 17:03   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek

The Tesco sim is pay monthly and is set up and running. the virgin number is still active as work text me on it most days (last time was yesterday) to see if I can start early.
Old 09-10-2010, 17:32   #7
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

This is baffaling, i am trying to go through all the options of what it could be. When you call TESCO again could you ask them to call through to their network services ( or the department who deal with number porting ) and they should be able to see if the pac code has been generated correctly.
The reason that i have asked this as sometimes they are able to call the old service provider to their network services and do it that way.
Just trying all options? ( hope that iam not making this harder for you )
Old 09-10-2010, 17:35   #8
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
This is baffaling, i am trying to go through all the options of what it could be. When you call TESCO again could you ask them to call through to their network services ( or the department who deal with number porting ) and they should be able to see if the pac code has been generated correctly.
The reason that i have asked this as sometimes they are able to call the old service provider to their network services and do it that way.
Just trying all options? ( hope that iam not making this harder for you )
isn't that what you are about?..at least, the name gives a hint
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 19:31   #9
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Could the fact that i've already ported another number from virgin to o2 a few days before be causing a problem? I had 2 accounts set up with virgin, one for me and one for my wife. My wife's number ported over on the 5th and we did have an issue getting the pac code for that one as well, the advisor said that he pressed the request button twice which caused the pac to not show on the screen and had to pass me through to the technical team as well but we got that code the next day by text message.
Old 09-10-2010, 19:33   #10
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Aha..maybe.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 19:52   #11
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Could the fact that i've already ported another number from virgin to o2 a few days before be causing a problem? I had 2 accounts set up with virgin, one for me and one for my wife. My wife's number ported over on the 5th and we did have an issue getting the pac code for that one as well, the advisor said that he pressed the request button twice which caused the pac to not show on the screen and had to pass me through to the technical team as well but we got that code the next day by text message.
Yes that could be the cause as the number may still be linked to the previous network, so you will need to mention this to TESCO and they will be able to contact their network tema nd be able to give you better advise on this ( as i worked in cs and not network services ) I do hope that we are getting to the bottom of the problem here for you self and my sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
isn't that what you are about?..at least, the name gives a hint

Sorry just re-read your post and you say that it is another number that you ported, still trying to figue this out?
Old 09-10-2010, 22:10   #12
djmagnifique
cf.geek

right, full back story of my mobile numbers.

both mine and my wifes mobile numbers were originally on o2, a couple of years ago they were both ported to virgin onto the 300/300 PAYG deal. my number went over ok, my wifes number took a couple of days form getting the pac code before it was able to be ported.

my wifes number has now been ported back to o2 with only the slight problem mentioned above. my number is having all the problems.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 11-10-2010, 19:29   #13
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Now with this info i am not sue what it could be? The only thing that it could be is if the PAC code is over 30 days old ( of which would mean that you need a new one )
Old 23-10-2010, 18:55   #14
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Well, finally got it all sorted out. Basically the pac didn't match up with the phone number I wanted to port over. Only costing me £15 for all the calls i've had to make from my land line as I had run the credit down on the mobile.
Old 16-11-2010, 15:02   #15
Guest appearance
Inactive

Guest appearance is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
both mine and my wifes mobile numbers were originally on o2, a couple of years ago they were both ported to virgin onto the 300/300 PAYG deal. my number went over ok, my wifes number took a couple of days form getting the pac code before it was able to be ported.

my wifes number has now been ported back to o2 with only the slight problem mentioned above. my number is having all the problems.
Regarding this folks,

I moved from Orange to 3 a few years back, if I now wanted to move to another network and still keep my original number, would I be able to do this, and if so would I contact 3 or Orange?
Guest appearance is offline   Reply With Quote