Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Online Safety Bill

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Online Safety Bill

Old Yesterday, 20:10   #601
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's also true of relatives and people that live with dementia everyday.
Absolutely. Sufferers are neuro diverse, not snowflakes and cannot simply 'get a grip', which is another way of saying 'pull themselves together'. It was an ignorant and offensive thing for itshim to say.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 20:26   #602
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Absolutely. Sufferers are neuro diverse, not snowflakes and cannot simply 'get a grip', which is another way of saying 'pull themselves together'. It was an ignorant and offensive thing for itshim to say.
As I stated that's not at all what he meant.

I wouldn't even call them neuro diverse. It's a strange term that's only appeared recently and don't think it's a good description at all. Having known a number of people with Dementia/Alzheimers including my mum and wife's mum as well as other residents of the care home they were each in. It's certainly a disease that affects everyone differently and how long it takes someone to determinate varies greatly. On such a personal level too, it takes a lot to wrap your head around and even accept it. Wife's and husbands are usually those who struggle most with acceptance and then willingness to seek and accept help.
Old Yesterday, 21:14   #603
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It's also true of relatives and people that live with dementia everyday.
Have lived with this.my problem is people jumping on the bandwagon as a reason for following the latest fashion .
Old Yesterday, 22:35   #604
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
As I stated that's not at all what he meant.

I wouldn't even call them neuro diverse. It's a strange term that's only appeared recently and don't think it's a good description at all. Having known a number of people with Dementia/Alzheimers including my mum and wife's mum as well as other residents of the care home they were each in. It's certainly a disease that affects everyone differently and how long it takes someone to determinate varies greatly. On such a personal level too, it takes a lot to wrap your head around and even accept it. Wife's and husbands are usually those who struggle most with acceptance and then willingness to seek and accept help.
Yes, it's a terribly sad disease, including for those around them.

We all have our problems, but there is always someone worse off than ourselves.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Have lived with this.my problem is people jumping on the bandwagon as a reason for following the latest fashion .

I still don't understand what you mean. Are you saying this in reaction to the Government saying that depression & anxiety should no longer qualify for sickness/disability benefits and that sufferers should be required to go back to work?

If so, these conditions can be very debilitating. I suspect that the Government know this and it's electioneering to try and appeal to their more right wing supporters.

The term 'neuro diverse' encompasses a host of conditions that affect th8ngs such as memory, cognitive skills, speech, personality, behaviour etc etc.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; Yesterday at 22:39.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote