Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SuperHub and DLink 615 as access point

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SuperHub and DLink 615 as access point

Old 21-03-2013, 13:31   #1
Luke227
Inactive

Luke227 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SuperHub and DLink 615 as access point

Hello

I have recently had a new VM Superhub which is installed and working fine. I would like to use the spare DLink 615 router as a wireless access point/repeater.

The DLink is currently running the default firmware but can install DDWRT if required. I have a few questions which I hope someone file answer?

How would I connect to the two routers to use one as an access point? Can this be done wirelessly or is cable better?
If using cable, do I connect this to the Internet/WAN port on the DLink or to one of the four Ethernet ports?
Do the SSIDs and Channels need to be the same or different?
Does the encryption code need to be the same or this only required on the superhub?

Ideally I would like it set up so that devices could roam between devices if going into an area where the SuperHub does not cover.

Thanks in advance!
Luke227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2013, 13:41   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: SuperHub and DLink 615 as access point

http://www.techsupportforum.com/3001...ional-routers/