Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2021, 13:12   #1261
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

TV & Satellite Week have not listed it at all from 1 September.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Yes, it looks like there will be even more linear channels as a result of this change. Who knew?
Yes, and showing even more repeats. Wow!
Old 24-08-2021, 13:15   #1262
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
TV & Satellite Week have not listed it at all from 1 September.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Some book don't listing all channels. I buy Radio Times every week. It good for Virgin Media and Freeview listings.

Out of all the books I did buy today - Radio Times, TV Times, Total TV Guide, TV Choice and What's on TV - Sky Replay was only in Radio Times.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 24-08-2021 at 13:21.
Old 24-08-2021, 13:38   #1263
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Some book don't listing all channels. I buy Radio Times every week. It good for Virgin Media and Freeview listings.

Out of all the books I did buy today - Radio Times, TV Times, Total TV Guide, TV Choice and What's on TV - Sky Replay was only in Radio Times.
TV & Satellite Week lists the most I think. At least it did, I haven't bought a listings mag for a very long time.
Old 24-08-2021, 13:43   #1264
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I’m surprised to note that according to your post, Radio Times still shows Sky Replay, Media Boy. Are you sure it’s still listed after 1 September?
Radio Times aren't always great on details. An example from the last Christmas edition (we only buy the Christmas edition to be clear) was that the Local Radio list still had 4+ year old information for our most local (community) station. The license at that time went to another (bigger) company and basically the station has changed name 3 times since it was known as what the magazine said.

And the publication is called RADIO Times...
Old 24-08-2021, 13:47   #1265
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Showing peak time content across both of the new brands is a bit strange. I guess it will take a few weeks to see how the new channels perform.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Surprising none of the vacated Fox UK channel numbers have been used, particularly 157 and 158. VM holding them back to allow a wider reshuffle at a later date?
Maybe they are reserved for the +1 versions. More repeats for OLD BOY.
Old 24-08-2021, 13:49   #1266
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

[QUOTE=cheekyangus;36090757]So much for Sky's "we want to be considered a PSB so we've put Sky Arts in Top 24 EPG position on as many platforms as possible" aim. They've already shown it's going to be demoted on their own Satellite platform soon, now Cable.

Sky Arts SD Ch 123--> Ch 165
Sky Arts HD Ch 156--> Ch 140/QUOTE]

Sky Channels on Freeview are NOT moving to new channels numbers from September 1st so Sky Arts will still be on Freeview Channel 11.
Old 24-08-2021, 13:52   #1267
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:

Sky Replay is in Total TV Guide aswell , listed as Sky 145 and Virgin 180 from 1st of September
Old 24-08-2021, 13:58   #1268
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Sky Replay is in Total TV Guide aswell , listed as Sky 145 and Virgin 180 from 1st of September
Oops just seen it.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Sky UK set to close E! UK as TV Channel by 2023

News just in Media Boy Sources has told me that Sky are looking to close E! and move it to a streaming only service some point in 2022.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:11   #1269
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Sky Channels on Freeview are NOT moving to new channels numbers from September 1st so Sky Arts will still be on Freeview Channel 11.
I know. That's why I deliberately didn't mention that.

But only being prominent on Freeview is not the action of an aspiring PSB, they have to be prominent on ALL major platforms.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:44   #1270
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

CNN is listing on VM EPGs as 'No Longer Available' as of 1st Sept.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:47   #1271
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
TV & Satellite Week lists the most I think. At least it did, I haven't bought a listings mag for a very long time.
Well, TV & Satellite week showed it before, and it’s only there in this week’s magazine until 31 August.

As two magazines show Sky Replay on ch 180 from 1 September (moved from 160), it would appear that this could be correct information. However, I think that having Sky Showcase, Max AND Replay is a bit over the top. There are no extra shows as a result of this change, but one more repeat channel. This has devalued the Sky package, not enhanced it.

I guess TV & Satellite Week have calculated that Sky Replay will get even fewer viewers following this move and have decided to drop it.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Fortunately, the app is on the 360, so I hope that’s not going too. I quite like watching CNN from time to time.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:50   #1272
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
All other Turner Broadcasting System Europe (WarnerMedia) are still listed after September 1st so Virgin Media maybe set to launch CNN HD on September 1st? Boomerang HD may also launch.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 24-08-2021 at 14:53.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:50   #1273
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well spotted. What does it say about the two kids channels that I was told about as well the other week?

Any closures would be happening quicker than I thought though, given that questionnaires only went out the other week!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 24-08-2021 at 14:58.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:51   #1274
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Well, TV & Satellite week showed it before, and it’s only there in this week’s magazine until 31 August.

As two magazines show Sky Replay on ch 180 from 1 September (moved from 160), it would appear that this could be correct information. However, I think that having Sky Showcase, Max AND Replay is a bit over the top. There are no extra shows as a result of this change, but one more repeat channel. This has devalued the Sky package, not enhanced it.

I guess TV & Satellite Week have calculated that Sky Replay will get even fewer viewers following this move and have decided to drop it.
Look like TV & Satellite Week has drop listings Sky Replay for Sky Max.
Old 24-08-2021, 14:55   #1275
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
All other Turner Broadcasting System Europe (WarnerMedia) are still listed after September 1st so Virgin Media maybe set to launch CNN HD on September 1st? Boomerang HD may also launch.
Perhaps, but I think that is wishful thinking. If that’s happening, why is it not showing on the EPG?